Windows 10: Moving Windows to another partition without losing data

Discus and support Moving Windows to another partition without losing data in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello. I bought a new SSD and I need to transfer windows from my old HDD on it without losing data. Actually, my windows is on C: partition HDD and I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Andrei Constantin, Jul 16, 2020.

1. Moving Windows to another partition without losing data

Hello. I bought a new SSD and I need to transfer windows from my old HDD on it without losing data. Actually, my windows is on C: partition HDD and I want to move it to S: partition SSD

and I don't know how. I need help, thank you.

:)

Andrei Constantin, Jul 16, 2020

2. how to do partition in a disk without losing data

Hi Vinod,

Yes, you can create a partition in a disk without losing your data by using
    Disk Management

Here's how:

• Search for Disk Management from the Cortana search field.
    • Click on Create and format hard disk partitions from the results.
    • Right-click the unallocated space, then click New Simple Volume.
    • Click the Next button from the window that will pop-up.
    • Make sure that you input a size in the limit of the available unallocated space. Continue the steps to finish creating a partition.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Michelle Her, Jul 16, 2020
  3. Holden Win User
    How to remove an unwanted partition without losing anything

I have recently built my own PC (With help). During the initial setup process my friend helped me create a partition on my ssd. I would like to remove the partition without losing anything.

I have a 250 GB SSD and a 1TB HDD. My OS and personal data is on the SSD. I want to keep everything where it is at or at least be able to put it back.

Forgive my ignorance but is there any way to move EVERYTHING to my HDD, clean the SSD, then move it back.
    Sorry if this is 101 stuff, I could not find a straight answer to this question anywhere.
    (I need basic explanation or step-by-step)

Here is an image of the partition:

Moving Windows to another partition without losing data [​IMG]

Thanks for any help!

Holden, Jul 16, 2020
  4. Moving Windows to another partition without losing data

how to do partition in a disk without losing data

how to do partition in a disk without losing data

VINOD KUMARMALIK, Jul 16, 2020
Thema:

Moving Windows to another partition without losing data

1. Moving Windows to another partition without losing data - Similar Threads - Moving another partition

2. Can i move my windows licens to another drive without losing any of my data?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can i move my windows licens to another drive without losing any of my data?: Hi there,As of today my windows is still located on a 7 year old drive which i have kept updating and since its only on 128 GB its starting to get rather full, which makes it impossible for me to install new programs which needs to log in %appdata% and the user folder. I...
  3. Can i move my windows licens to another drive without losing any of my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can i move my windows licens to another drive without losing any of my data?: Hi there,As of today my windows is still located on a 7 year old drive which i have kept updating and since its only on 128 GB its starting to get rather full, which makes it impossible for me to install new programs which needs to log in %appdata% and the user folder. I...
  4. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  5. Reinstall Windows without losing data

Reinstall Windows without losing data: If I use media creation tool - upgrade this pc now, then it will keep my apps and files?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reinstall-windows-without-losing-data/3c3f5739-b3c1-401e-8b1b-b7fbd8f51743
  6. Reinstall Windows without losing data

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  8. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?: On occasion I have tried to copy files to a MSFT standard folder but get an error there is not space.This is due to the folder is located in a partition, with other folders, that is to small to hold all the data.I have to copy the files to a "data" folder.So I would like to...
  9. How do I combine partitions into one partition, without losing my data?

10. Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data

Partitioning My Hard Drive Without Losing Data: I intend to partition a hard drive I'll be buying to install Windows 7 and Windows 8.1 on each partition but I don't want to lose my data after I've installed Windows 7 and then 8.1 or maybe install the Windows 10 preview 32 bit. I am not going to install Windows 8.1 or 10...