Windows 10: Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10

Discus and support Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to move game bar captures on my windows 10 pc to the Xbox mobile application so I can view my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Gerg_Chen, Jun 13, 2021.

1. Gerg_Chen Win User

Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10

Hi everyone, I’m having a hard time figuring out how to move game bar captures on my windows 10 pc to the Xbox mobile application so I can view my captures on the go. I download games through Steam, and often use the Win+Alt+G command to record the last 30 seconds of play. The captures show up on the game bar no problem, but the Xbox apps I have on my phone and laptop say “it looks empty here…” when I try to view those captures on the go. Does anyone know how to push the captures to the Xbox app? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

:)

Gerg_Chen, Jun 13, 2021
  2. eddman Win User

Xbox Game Bar gallery is empty?

Windows 10 64-bit 19042.630

This is my first time recording or screenshoting with the xbox game bar.

It apparently works fine; takes screenshots, records videos, and they are all there in the Captures folder.

The problem is, none of those show up in the gallery.

Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10 [​IMG]

EDIT: They do show up in the xbox companion app:

eddman, Jun 13, 2021
  3. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

Thanks for the reply!

I am unable to follow those steps. As I mentioned, there is no "Captures" folder. It points directly to the temp folder, and there is no Captures folder for me to edit. When I go into the properties on the temp folder, I have no "location" tab, so nothing can be changed.

JakeReindl, Jun 13, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

If you don't have one- create one.

I suggest you create a captures folder in Videos, and use the dialogue to point to it.

This solution is given in the tutorial in the first link of my first post : here it is quoted for you:

Please re-read that tutorial.

dalchina, Jun 13, 2021
Thema:

1. Moving Xbox Game Bar captures to Xbox companion app Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Moving Xbox Game

2. xbox game bar captures not moving to new location

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox game bar captures not moving to new location: I'm trying to make xbox game bar captures save to a 2tb hhd backup drive, instead of saving to my operating system ssd. I've tried everything i could find to do on the Microsoft support website. I've changed where new photos and videos are saved in settings to the new drive,...
  3. Xbox game bar capture/recording

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox game bar capture/recording: Hello I had been recording overwtach using xbox capture from xbox game bar for 4 days when i encountered an issue. Since yesterday, the game has started to lag while I am recording. However, i get normal fps if i am mot recording. I have noticed that the temperature has...
  4. Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Xbox Game Bar / Game Capture: Hello, I am having an issue with the Xbox Game Bar captures. I try to record 3 min. clips of events that happen in game. When I go in my files to review the video, the video does not play. Looks like a screen capture of the video and only audio plays. I have tried this...
  5. Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Party Chat not working in Xbox companion app, Xbox Game Bar, or Xbox beta app.: I am unable to hear anyone in xbox party chat, and they cannot hear me. I have tried using Xbox companion app, Xbox beta app, AND the xbox game bar. I can hear and speak with people in Discord, CoD MW 2019 and Sea of Thieves. I have tried every output and input combo, the...
  6. xbox game bar capturing

in Windows 10 Customization
    xbox game bar capturing: This is a pretty niche problem, but whenever i use the capturing feature of game bar using 'win + alt + g' shortcut the file names end up being really long and not very coherent. Is there a way to change what the file names are upon saving because I make a lot of captures...
  7. Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to "move" Captures folder for Xbox Bar Captures: I have followed several tutorials to "move" the captures folder. But the problem is, I don't have one. This is where it has been pointing: [img] I am kind of at a loss, since all the help I have currently seen has shown how to move the existing captures folder. Thanks!...
  8. Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Xbox companion app and xbox game bar.: Both apps do not work audio wise. Mic gives the greyed ring like its working but people in party chat cannot hear me nor can I hear them. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xbox-companion-app-and-xbox-game-bar/ce820732-2b70-447c-841c-b887311442f0
  9. xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox companion app and xbox game bar party chat not working: I have been using the xbox companion app on pc to play modern warfare with friends who play on xbox (love the crossplay). However recently whenever i try to join a party or invite people to a party we can't connect. My NAT is open and network is good. It literally just...
  10. Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Xbox Companion App and Game Bar Issues: I've always had trouble with the new game bar such as it crashing when joining a party. Now, this issue is the same with the companion app. Every time I join a party, it crashes without an error code. Even if i were to start a party, it would still crash. I've done everything...