Windows 10: Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

Discus and support Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Mozilla has scrapped a plan to put ads on the windows that show when Firefox users launch a new browser tab. Mozilla announced the Firefox new-tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by labeeman, May 9, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

More

:)

labeeman, May 9, 2014
  2. Mike Sacramento Win User

what is the microsoft edge content process and is it ok to disable it

I have been forced to abandon Microsoft Edge in favor of Mozilla Firefox. This is hardly progress when the latest browser works worse that Internet Explorer.

Mike Sacramento, May 9, 2014
  3. anthoncon Win User
    In Microsft Edge Can I open a tabbed group of Favorites

Better to use Mozilla's Firefox that allows tabbed groups.

anthoncon, May 9, 2014
  4. Tepid Win User

Tepid, May 10, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just as long as the user can still customize what does appear on the New Tab page I don't see this being a big deal. Mozilla does need funds to keep up the development of Firefox and I'm personally fine with this method.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-rea...ed-with-logos/

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page - Similar Threads - Mozilla abandons plan

2. Mozilla’s Firefox to be Rebranded with New Icons and more

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla’s Firefox to be Rebranded with New Icons and more: Mozilla is working on overhauling its Firefox browser with new icons and features. The company is currently testing internally a new Rebranded version of its Firefox web browser. Mozilla is working on two new sets of icons which will be used for browser versions and apps...
  3. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  4. Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+

in Browsers and Email
    Add More Top Sites To New Tab Page in Firefox 60-+: One can add as many rows of Sites in The New Tab Start Page by entering the Following in About:Config Code: browser.newtabpage.activity-stream.topSitesRows[/quote] Default is two [img] Do not concern yourself with the void warranty warning I entered 3 so I have 3 rows...
  5. Firefox private bowsing - tabs and start page

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox private bowsing - tabs and start page: I have a couple questions about Firefox private browsing. I use a shortcut to open Firefox directly in private browsing mode: "C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe" -private Every time I open in private mode, it defaults to the purple default private browsing...
  6. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  7. Want a Clean Install of Mozilla Firefox.

in Browsers and Email
    Want a Clean Install of Mozilla Firefox.: I am trying to do a "clean install" of Mozilla Firefox because it stopped working. It would not open properly. A simple uninstall from Programs and Features then a Reinstall of Firefox did not fix the problem. After an uninstall of Mozilla Firefox. There are 2 folders...
  8. Ms edge new tab page.

in Browsers and Email
    Ms edge new tab page.: In windows 1607 ms edge does not have an option to make google.com the new tab page. Does anyone know how to do this. Henry Attachment 95508 59826
  9. Set new tab to open a specifc page

in Browsers and Email
    Set new tab to open a specifc page: Everything I've found doing searches says this can't be done but I thought I'd give it one more try here. When I open a new tab, I want it to open to a specific web page. Not a blank page or Top sites. I'm not looking for alternatives or other ways to do the same...
  10. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD: Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro 28687