Windows 10: Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

Discus and support Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Mozilla has scrapped a plan to put ads on the windows that show when Firefox users launch a new browser tab. Mozilla announced the Firefox new-tab... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by labeeman, May 9, 2014.

1. labeeman Win User

Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page

More

:)

labeeman, May 9, 2014

2. what is the microsoft edge content process and is it ok to disable it

I have been forced to abandon Microsoft Edge in favor of Mozilla Firefox. This is hardly progress when the latest browser works worse that Internet Explorer.

Mike Sacramento, May 9, 2014
  3. anthoncon Win User
    In Microsft Edge Can I open a tabbed group of Favorites

Better to use Mozilla's Firefox that allows tabbed groups.

anthoncon, May 9, 2014
  4. Tepid Win User

Tepid, May 10, 2014
  5. BunnyJ New Member
    Just as long as the user can still customize what does appear on the New Tab page I don't see this being a big deal. Mozilla does need funds to keep up the development of Firefox and I'm personally fine with this method.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnet.com/news/mozilla-rea...ed-with-logos/

BunnyJ, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Mozilla abandons plan for ads on Firefox's new-tab page - Similar Threads - Mozilla abandons plan

2. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  3. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  4. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  5. Mozilla’s Firefox to be Rebranded with New Icons and more

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla’s Firefox to be Rebranded with New Icons and more: Mozilla is working on overhauling its Firefox browser with new icons and features. The company is currently testing internally a new Rebranded version of its Firefox web browser. Mozilla is working on two new sets of icons which will be used for browser versions and apps...
  6. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  7. Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox: How to: Enable or Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox How to Disable Ad Snippets on New Tab Page in Firefox Mozilla uses Snippets to display tips, suggestions, updates, and messages about Firefox. Some people have reported advertising displaying at the...
  8. Firefox - Open in new tab

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - Open in new tab: Just noticed this... Using FF in this forum, Right click on a dropdown item (like Forum Actions, Quick Links) does not have an option to open in new tab, like Chrome for example. But, you can drag/drop the dropdown choice to the New Tab "+" on the open tabs bar, and it will...
  9. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD: Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro 28687
  10. Change New Tab page in Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Change New Tab page in Firefox: How to: Change New Tab page in Firefox How to Change New Tab page in Firefox in Windows When you open a Firefox Home screen by default. The Top Sites (sites you visit most), popular articles Recommended by Pocket, Highlights (sites you've visited recently or...