Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; New update again 40.0.2 !! Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jds63, Aug 10, 2015.

1. jds63 Win User

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

New update again 40.0.2 !!

jds63, Aug 13, 2015
  2. BunnyJ New Member

Thanks for the information

BunnyJ, Aug 13, 2015
  3. jds63 Win User
    YW, fast just a few days another update and so many complain about Firefox, saw one comment , old and clunky *really

jds63, Aug 13, 2015
  4. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

Anybody else unable to click these buttons?

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 [​IMG]

EDIT: never mind... I found out that the "Simple White" theme was the problem!

mrmatteastwood, Aug 16, 2015
  5. ram1220 Win User
    Just installed the latest Firefox and uninstalled it. Could not access the Yahoo mail page. Firefox kept telling me the site is unsafe. I access my mail every day using Edge as well as Chrome when I was with Windows 7. Got the same error message with other known good web sites I access. Too bad as I wanted to use Firefox. I've been using Edge which does everything I want except blocking ads.

ram1220, Aug 16, 2015
  6. mrgeek Win User
    I update Firefox as soon as updates come out (no Betas). I have NEVER had that problem and My Yahoo is my home page.

mrgeek, Aug 16, 2015
  7. Gary Win User
    I do not either.

8. ram1220 Win User

I did an uninstall of Firefox using Revo Uninstaller. I then reinstalled Firefox and I had the same problem. I can not access Yahoo Mail or the new Hotmail. (whatever MS is calling it now). Other sites that open and work fine in Edge no longer open in Firefox. I'm glad Firefox works for you two guys but I gave up on it. Used it in Win 7 and never had a problem. Even Yahoo Answer pages are blocked.

ram1220, Aug 16, 2015
  9. ram1220 Win User
    One thing I did leave out of my information was that all secure sites starting with https were the sites that Firefox would not load. All http sites would load. I tried the fixes that I found in the Mozilla Firefox support forums but they didn't work. I really wanted Firefox to work since there aren't any free ad blockers available for Edge right now. My trial period for Adguard is about to expire.

ram1220, Aug 16, 2015
  10. Gary Win User
    When you removed Firefox did you remove the profiles located at:

C:\Users\XXX\AppData\Local\mozilla\xxxx
    C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\mozilla\xxxxxx

Revo will NOT remove those.

11. ram1220 Win User
    No I didn't. I thought Revo would do it. Let me delete those and reinstall again.

ram1220, Aug 17, 2015
  12. ram1220 Win User
    Deleted those folders and reinstalled latest Firefox. Still no go. All https sites won't load. Firefox says they are unsafe. The sites all load in Chrome (just installed) and Edge. Thanks for the help but I will not be using Firefox. I tried *Smile

ram1220, Aug 17, 2015
  13. Edwin New Member

To completely remove all traces of your current Firefox installation from your system, follow these steps:

1. Backup components of your existing Firefox profile. The Firefox profile contains all of your settings and customizations. Back up and restore only your Bookmarks and Passwords, not your entire profile, as that will defeat the entire purpose of doing a fresh installation of Firefox.

2. Go to the Windows Control Panel>Add/Remove Programs, find the 'Mozilla Firefox' entry, select it and uninstall it. During uninstallation tick the 'Remove my Firefox personal data and customizations' box. Make sure you've performed step 1 first if you want to backup any of your Firefox customizations.

3. Open Windows Explorer, go to your \Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox directory and delete it and all of its contents if it still exists.

4. To make sure all existing Firefox profile data is removed, delete the following directories if they still exist:

\Users\[username]\AppData\Local\Mozilla

\Users\[username]\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla

This will ensure that all remaining custom data relating to your profile, any cached files, any files relating to installed add-ons for Firefox, will all be removed from your system.

5. Find and remove all of the major Firefox/Mozilla-related entries in the Windows Registry. Using the Windows Registry Editor (Start>Run>Regedit), delete any of the following keys if they exist. That is, right click on their name in the left pane of Registry Editor and select Delete:

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxHTML]

[HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\FirefoxURL\]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Mozilla]

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\MozillaPlugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Mozilla]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\mozilla.org]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\MozillaPlugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Mozilla]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\mozilla.org]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\MozillaPlugins]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxHTML]

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Classes\FirefoxURL]

Note: For Steps 4 and 5 above, if you also have any other Mozilla products installed, such as Mozilla Thunderbird, then make sure to only delete entries/folders which specifically relate directly to Firefox by name.

The steps above will remove all the major Firefox-related settings and traces on your system.

Edwin, Aug 17, 2015
  14. Gary Win User
    You might want to try and add the following to About:config

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 [​IMG]

15. ram1220 Win User
    Guys I figured it out. The problem was with Adguard. Once I uninstalled Adguard and reinstalled Firefox all is well. I have no idea why only Firefox wouldn't load those https pages. But all is well now. Thanks to everyone that replied.

ram1220, Aug 17, 2015
Thema:

1. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox

2. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  3. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  4. uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10: When I got to Programs and Features to uninstall Mozilla FireFox I get Reresh FireFox. I don't want to refresh, just want it removed. I tried in the app section and got the same. Downloaded trouble shooter and did not fix anything. How can I remove FireFox from my...
  5. After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...: After an update in Windows 11, I am totally unable to open my Mozilla Firefox program. I get a blank page, and no matter what I try I cannot open anything. After running a system scan I got this message: The code execution cannot proceed because "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll" was not...
  6. After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...

After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...: After an update in Windows 11, I am totally unable to open my Mozilla Firefox program. I get a blank page, and no matter what I try I cannot open anything. After running a system scan I got this message: The code execution cannot proceed because "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll" was not...
  7. The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...: The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11 home. Windows is a joke it doesnt allow me install programs unless its from the microsoft store. And MS store doesn't have the program you want ??!!...
  8. The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...

The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...: The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11 home. Windows is a joke it doesnt allow me install programs unless its from the microsoft store. And MS store doesn't have the program you want ??!!...
  9. Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...: Hi everyone, I was surfing a website when Mozilla froze for a long time and then gave me a black screen for many seconds. After that, a blue screen appeared and told me the device my Dell computer had to restart because of some critical error. I let it do that but the screen...
  10. Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...

Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...: Hi everyone, I was surfing a website when Mozilla froze for a long time and then gave me a black screen for many seconds. After that, a blue screen appeared and told me the device my Dell computer had to restart because of some critical error. I let it do that but the screen...