Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Firefox 42.0 finally out 32 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/r...tup%2042.0.exe 64 bit: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/r...tup%2042.0.exe Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by jds63, Aug 10, 2015.

1. CountMike New Member

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  2. Cliff S New Member

Odd I get this when I check for an update:

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 [​IMG]

Oh well maybe it'll update itself in the background as it has before later*Think

Cliff S, Nov 1, 2015
  3. CountMike New Member
    It probably will, mine Help > About still shows 41.02, found new version by accident. Now I have to be careful about installation of 64 bit, don't know if it's going to install over x86 and render my addons ineffective. I'll try on my other W10 installation first.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  4. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

Bobby Phoenix, Nov 1, 2015
  5. There are other ways of backing up Firefox but I'm lazy. MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird If it messes up just reinstall your old Firefox, start it once to create an initial profile then restore everything, addons, themes , bookmarks etc using Mozbackup.

Torquemada, Nov 1, 2015
  6. Cliff S New Member
    I just sync it, and I'm up and running. Which is good for both my Win10 PC's and my VM's. There is no need for tricky geeky work arounds.

Cliff S, Nov 1, 2015
  7. CountMike New Member
    I just tried it in my other W10. I upgraded 41.02 and installed 64bit version. Results as follows: It made new folder in Program files but there was still only one icon on desktop which runs 64 bit version. Than tried with firefox.exe in Program Files(32) installation and it run same 64bit version anyway.
    Good news, all addons work just fine in 64 bit version. Looks a bit snappier too.

CountMike, Nov 1, 2015
  8. jds63 Win User

November 3rd as shown by OP's link

jds63, Nov 2, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    If you download and install Firefox 42.0beta9 now, it will let you upgrade early:

Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 [​IMG]

Edwin, Nov 2, 2015
  10. jds63 Win User
    O.k. one more day, i can wait,ty.

jds63, Nov 2, 2015
  11. Cliff S New Member
    Me too*Smile

Cliff S, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox

2. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  3. Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Firefox Upgrade in windows server 2012 & 2012 R2: Hi Community,Please help me with one query. I have one windows server 2012 and 2012 R2 in which Mozilla Firefox is installed and running on version 115.0, when I am trying to upgrade it to latest version which is 122.0, it is reporting some error. Is there a restriction on...
  4. uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    uninstall Mozilla FireFox from Windows 10: When I got to Programs and Features to uninstall Mozilla FireFox I get Reresh FireFox. I don't want to refresh, just want it removed. I tried in the app section and got the same. Downloaded trouble shooter and did not fix anything. How can I remove FireFox from my...
  5. After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...: After an update in Windows 11, I am totally unable to open my Mozilla Firefox program. I get a blank page, and no matter what I try I cannot open anything. After running a system scan I got this message: The code execution cannot proceed because "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll" was not...
  6. After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...

After an update in Windows 11, I cannot open Mozilla Firefox : The code execution cannot...: After an update in Windows 11, I am totally unable to open my Mozilla Firefox program. I get a blank page, and no matter what I try I cannot open anything. After running a system scan I got this message: The code execution cannot proceed because "VCRUNTIME140_1.dll" was not...
  7. The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...: The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11 home. Windows is a joke it doesnt allow me install programs unless its from the microsoft store. And MS store doesn't have the program you want ??!!...
  8. The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...

The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11...: The Microsoft Store does not have Mozilla Firefox ?! How can i install this on Windows 11 home. Windows is a joke it doesnt allow me install programs unless its from the microsoft store. And MS store doesn't have the program you want ??!!...
  9. Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...: Hi everyone, I was surfing a website when Mozilla froze for a long time and then gave me a black screen for many seconds. After that, a blue screen appeared and told me the device my Dell computer had to restart because of some critical error. I let it do that but the screen...
  10. Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...

Surfing the internet when Mozilla Firefox froze and gave me a black screen followed by blue...: Hi everyone, I was surfing a website when Mozilla froze for a long time and then gave me a black screen for many seconds. After that, a blue screen appeared and told me the device my Dell computer had to restart because of some critical error. I let it do that but the screen...