Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A 64-bit version of Mozilla Firefox is not yet available for end users in stable form, but today the company has updated its Developer Edition lineup... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by labeeman, Mar 3, 2015.

1. labeeman Win User

Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows

Source

:)

labeeman, Mar 3, 2015

2. need help adding Firefox to my start menu

Open the folder:

C:\Users\<your username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\Windows\Start Menu\Programs\Startup

In this folder, create a shortcut to firefox.exe. Or if you already have a Firefox shortcut on the desktop, copy it to this folder.

The default path for firefox is:

C:\Program Files\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

(64-bit Windows)

C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe

Ramesh Srinivasan, Mar 3, 2015
  3. I need to install “Windows Update Standalone Installer”, but I am getting the message:- “The update is not applicable to your computer.”

I need to install “Windows Update Standalone Installer”, but I am getting the message:- “The update is not applicable to your computer.” I am running Windows 10 Home edition – Version 1709. I am updating to solve a problem with no online video playback on
    Mozilla Firefox Quantum 58 version, with 64-Bit operating system. I would appreciate help with this issue.

SEYMOUR MANSELL, Mar 3, 2015
  4. Vladimir Win User

Very good move from Mozilla !

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 3, 2015
  5. fyi ... A 64-bit version of Firefox known as Waterfox has been available for some time now. They just recently updated it to v36 to match Firefox. There's also another 64-bit version known as Cyberfox -- but I haven't used that one.

Mark Phelps, Mar 3, 2015
  6. Edwin New Member
    That's Firefox Nightly, I've been using it for ages.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  7. VBS
    VBs Win User
    "we made 64bit Firefox so it can leak more memory for you" *Smile

8. Vladimir Win User

Developer version is v37.x
    Nightly versions are v39.0+

*Smile

Vladimir, Mar 3, 2015
  9. Edwin New Member
    Got it! Fair enough.

Edwin, Mar 3, 2015
  10. Pale Moon is also 64 bit.

lehnerus2000, Mar 3, 2015
  11. BunnyJ New Member
    My issue with Pale Moon is they have gone their own way and Water Fox still supports FireFox add-ons.

BunnyJ, Mar 3, 2015
  12. Winuser Win User
    I've been lucky so far. All my add-ons still work in Pale Moon.

Winuser, Mar 3, 2015
  13. groze Win User

Palemoon supports add-ons and some older one. Cyberfox/Waterfox support newer add-ons.

From they way I understand it, Please correct me if I am wrong
    Palemoon is a fork for Firefox
    Cyberfox and Waterfox is rebuild of Firefox.

I find it odd that Waterfox, Cyberfox and Palemoon have 64 bit release versions when Firefox didn't have 64 bit aurora version now called Developer Edition. All Firefox had before was a 64 bit Nightly version of Firefox.

groze, Mar 3, 2015
  14. BunnyJ New Member
    I could be wrong, but I heard that Pale Moon is doing their own thing now and they are no longer connected with FF.

BunnyJ, Mar 3, 2015
  15. groze Win User
    You are correct Pale Moon is doing their own thing but still support add-ons usually older ones, not newer one but some newer add-ons will still install.

Pale Moon still shows the MPL (Mozilla Public License). So, it still use the Mozilla code in someway. I barely understand code. It might be more accurate to say Palemoon uses Seamonkey browser code with some modifications. See, Firefox is/was a fork of SeaMonkey browser that was rebuilt. Now, Firefox is developed first instead of SeaMonkey because of tool kit, very confusing.

groze, Mar 3, 2015
Thema:

1. Mozilla Firefox 64-Bit Developer Edition Launches on Windows - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox Bit

2. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching: My 64-bit version of PowerShell ISE does not open. There is no visual indicator or splash screen indicating it is trying to load. It appears to do nothing. However, I can see the executable in Task Manager > Details for about a second and then it disappears. The 32-bit...
  3. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching: My 64-bit version of PowerShell ISE does not open. There is no visual indicator or splash screen indicating it is trying to load. It appears to do nothing. However, I can see the executable in Task Manager > Details for about a second and then it disappears. The 32-bit...
  4. PowerShell ISE 64-bit Not Launching

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  6. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  7. Firefox 64 bit needed

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox 64 bit needed: Hi. I tried to get firefox 64 bit with no luck from Download Firefox — Free Web Browser — Mozilla Please help. Thanks. 79082
  8. Firefox 64-bit is now available to download

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox 64-bit is now available to download: Mozilla Firefox is a fast, full-featured Web browser. It offers great security, privacy, and protection against viruses, spyware, malware, and it can also easily block pop-up windows. The key features that have made Mozilla Firefox so popular are the simple and effective UI,...
  9. Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition

in Windows 10 News
    Firefox Quantum available as Beta and Developer Edition: Engines are important, both in cars and in browsers. That’s why we’re so revved up this morning – we’re releasing the Beta of a whole new Firefox, one that’s powered by a completely reinvented, modernized engine. Since the version number – 57 – can’t really convey the...
  10. 64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future

in Windows 10 News
    64-bit Firefox poised to launch in the near future: There’s some good news for Firefox fans, as Mozilla seems to have finally decided on officially launching a 64-bit version of its browser. Mozilla has finally reached the conclusion that a non- x86 version of its popular browser is a good way to go. Citing the growing...