Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Mozilla is rolling Firefox 67 for Windows and other platforms with major performance improvements for better browsing experience. The company has made... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, May 21, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements

Mozilla is rolling Firefox 67 for Windows and other platforms with major performance improvements for better browsing experience.

The company has made some changes to the “setTimeout” function during the loading of web pages by lowering the priority of the function. Firefox has also delayed the component initialization until Firefox’s startup and it’ll also suspend any unused tabs.

Firefox 67 also introduces a built-in crypto miner blocker which is designed to block fingerprints. The option is available in the Custom Settings page of the Content Blocking preferences. You would need to manually enable this feature and restart the web browser to reduce heavy usage of RAM and CPU.

Firefox has also improved the Private Browsing mode with the latest release which now allows users to save passwords for websites.

The keyboard accessibility has also been improved to have full access to the toolbar and toolbar overflow menu including the downloads panel. Support for pinning tabs from the Page Actions menu in the address bar along with the ability to highlight various features like Pin Tabs have also been added in the Firefox 67 release.

Users will now be easily able to access the list of their saved website credentials directly from the main menu, quickly import web data from web browsers from the File menu.

Mozilla is also allowing users to now run the different versions (Beta, nightly and stable) of Firefox side by side at the same time. Support for the dav1dAV1 higher performance decoder for better video streaming has also been added along with protection against running older versions of Firefox which might lead to data corruption.

Support for registrations for Google Accounts using the FIDO U2F API along with support for the new Reiwa era in Japan has been added as well. Emoji 11.0 support and support for ARM64 Windows devices in Mozilla’s JavaScript compiler has also been added in Firefox 67 version.

For Android users, Firefox 67 brings a new Search Widget featuring voice input which can be added from the Android Widget section to the home screen. Mozilla has removed the Guest session feature to streamline the user experience and has asked users to use the Private Browsing feature instead.

Firefox 67 is now rolling out to Windows along with Mac users via an OTA (Over-the-Air) update. The update is currently not available for Linux users and they would need to wait until Firefox 67 is available for the stable version of the web browser.

The post Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, May 21, 2019
  2. malware Win User

Mozilla Firefox 3 Beta 5 Released

Mozilla announced Firefox 3 Beta 5 today, intended for developer testing and community feedback. Beta 5 includes new features as well as dramatic improvements to performance, memory usage and speed.
    • Improvements to the user interface based on user feedback, including changes to the look and feel on Windows Vista, Windows XP, Mac OS X and Linux.
    • Changes and fixes for new features such as the location bar autocomplete, bookmark backup and restore, full page zoom, and others, based on feedback from our community.
    • Fixes and improvements to platform features to improve security, web compatabilty and stability.
    • Continued performance improvements: changes to our JavaScript engine as well as profile guided optimization continues to improve performance over previous releases as measured by the popular SunSpider test from Apple, and in the speed of web applications like Google Mail and Zoho Office.
    Download Firefox 3 Beta 5 for Windows, Mac OS X and Linux in 45 different languages. Also check the Release Notes.

Source: The Mozilla Blog

malware, May 21, 2019
  3. btarunr Win User
    Mozilla Firefox 8 Released

You know what, we won't even go through the drill of expressing surprise that a new major version of Firefox is released on a nearly-monthly basis. Mozilla released Firefox 8.0, about 7 months after it released Firefox 4.0. And they look similar, except that the new one looks more polished. Granted, drastic UI changes can hit users' learning curve and preferences. The new UI sports essentially the same layout as its predecessors since version 4.0, but the elements look designed better, fused into the theme. It's the under-the-hood changes that are counting. Mozilla would never pack so many background changes to the monthly updates of Firefox 3.

Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements 40a_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Mozilla Firefox 8.0

With this release, Mozilla Firefox has the following changes over the previous generation:
    • Add-ons installed by third party programs are now disabled by default
    • Added a one-time add-on selection dialog to manage previously installed add-ons
    • Added Twitter to the search bar for select locales. Additional locale support will be added in the future
    • Added a preference to load tabs on demand, improving start-up time when windows are restored
    • Improved performance and memory handling when using audio and video elements
    • Added CORS support for cross-domain textures in WebGL
    • Added support for HTML5 context menus
    • Added support for insertAdjacentHTML
    • Improved CSS hyphen support for many languages
    • Improved WebSocket support
    • Fixed several stability issues
    • Fixed several security issues

btarunr, May 21, 2019
  4. Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements

Mozilla Firefox 2.0.0.5 Released

Mozilla just released the latest version of their oustanding internet browser. More specifically in version 2.0.0.5 Mozilla has corrected the following bugs.

• XPCNativeWrapper pollution
    • Unauthorized access to wyciwyg:// documents
    • Remote code execution by launching Firefox from Internet Explorer
    • File type confusion due to %00 in name
    • Privilege escallation using an event handler attached to an element not in the document
    • Frame spoofing while window is loading
    • XSS using addEventListener and setTimeout
    • Crashes with evidence of memory corruption
    Download

Source: Mozilla

HellasVagabond, May 21, 2019
Thema:

Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements

1. Mozilla Firefox 67 released with performance improvements - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox released

2. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  3. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  4. Mozilla moving Firefox to a faster 4 week release cycle

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla moving Firefox to a faster 4 week release cycle: Overview We typically ship a major Firefox browser (Desktop and Android) release every 6 to 8 weeks. Building and releasing a browser is complicated and involves many players. To optimize the process, and make it more reliable for all users, over the years we’ve developed a...
  5. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  6. Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Releases Firefox for iPad: We know that iPads aren’t just bigger versions of iPhones. You use them differently, you need them for different things. So rather than just make a bigger version of our browser for iOS, we made Firefox for iPad look and feel like it was custom made for a tablet. Mostly...
  7. Mozilla Firefox 63 beta comes with Windows 10 integration improvements

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox 63 beta comes with Windows 10 integration improvements: Today, Mozilla has kicked off the development of Firefox 63 and the beta version is now available. Firefox 63 web browser promises to improve Windows 10 integration, overall performance and address the general bugs. First off, Firefox 63 is supposed to remove the Open in...
  8. Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox

in Windows 10 Tutorials
    Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox: How to: Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox How to Uninstall Extensions in Mozilla Firefox Extensions are a type of add-on for Firefox that allows you to add new features to Firefox or modify existing ones. This tutorial will show you how to uninstall an...
  9. problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum

in Browsers and Email
    problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum: *chuckle Recently I have been having a few problems with Mozilla Firefox Quantum. Sorry, that is not quite accurate as since Mozilla has been changing the rules and format constantly for the last 2 years appox, constant problems. Latest problem for myself being I can download...
  10. Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mozilla Firefox causing BSOD: Can anyone help with my problem when I open Firefox I get the BSOD with Kernel security error. Everything else is working fine. Specs MB: Asus Sabertooth 990FX R2.0 Graphics: Asus GTX 680 Memory: Kingston 1600 32GB OS: Windows 10 x64 Pro 28687