Windows 10: Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes

Discus and support Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; One of the best things about the user interface of Windows 10 is that there is an option to switch between system-wide Dark or Light themes. What makes... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018.

1. WinLatest New Member

Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes

One of the best things about the user interface of Windows 10 is that there is an option to switch between system-wide Dark or Light themes. What makes it best is that it addresses the preference of two types of people all over the world. Dark and Light themes are at the two ends of a spectrum and the option to switch between these two themes is most welcome.

However, in order to get the best visual appeal, the apps that you use should also be able to switch between Light and Dark modes. Most apps in the Microsoft Store already supports this. But only a handful of the apps outside the Store supports Dark mode. If you are not a fan of Microsoft’s Edge browser, then you have no option of using another browser with a dark mode because the most popular web browsers do not have a Dark mode. Until now.

Mozilla Firefox is embracing the Dark

Firefox Nightly recently took to Twitter to say that they have started to respect the Dark mode in Windows 10.

https://twitter.com/FirefoxNightly/status/1016713030569164800/video/1

This means that if you have selected the Dark theme in your Windows Settings, then Firefox will automatically change to its Dark theme. Of course, if you use the Light theme, you would have the normal light interface that Firefox always had.

But some people prefer to use a custom theme with Firefox browser. In that case, Firefox will not switch to the Dark theme, even if you are using the Dark theme in your Windows settings. This will keep Firefox the way you like it.

The feature is now available in Firefox Nightly. In case you didn’t know, Firefox Nightly is a pre-release version of Firefox browser. It is used by Firefox developers as a version of Firefox to store code to merge all the codes that they wrote recently. If it is satisfying, then the new codes will reach the beta and developer versions of Firefox. This means that Firefox Nightly can only be used for experimental purposes. So if you want to try this feature for yourself, you can download Firefox Nightly by clicking here.

It is not clear as to when the feature will reach the stable versions, but if things go well we could see it sooner than later. Firefox is the second most popular browser in the desktop followed by Google Chrome. It is funny when you think that even with a market share of almost 60%, Google still hasn’t enabled Dark mode in Chrome.

The post Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jul 17, 2018
  2. Basith M Win User

Mozilla Firefox not working

Hi Nancy,

This might have caused due to any settings or compatibility issues.

As a first step, I suggest you to shutdown the computer as you did earlier. After an hour, try restarting the computer and then try to uninstall Mozilla Firefox and then try reinstalling it and check if the issues persists.

If still you are not able to uninstall it, then try contacting Firefox support for further assistance with this issue.

If you are able to uninstall Mozilla Firefox, then try installing the program in compatibility mode and check if it works for you.

Refer to the following Windows 8 article to install program in compatibility mode, the steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you in a better way.

Basith M, Jul 17, 2018
  3. Mozilla Firefox Turns Five

Firefox deserves more than comments. Keep on the suggestions and forums on Mozilla ppl!

PCpraiser100, Jul 17, 2018
  4. Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes

Cannot uninstall Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10.

I went to Control Panel/Uninstall and placed checkmark next to Mozilla Firefox, then clicked Uninstall and nothing happens. The icon is gone from desktop but it still appears in list of Programs. Any suggestions?

CoolKats65, Jul 17, 2018
Thema:

Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes

1. Mozilla Firefox will soon accept Windows 10 Dark and Light modes - Similar Threads - Mozilla Firefox soon

2. Light & Dark Modes

in Windows 10 Customization
    Light & Dark Modes: Hi, I have an issue to solve.If I want to switch between light & dark modes in Windows I have to create tasks to make them happen.Can you include a feature or option that automatically do those tasks and synchronizes with Night Light Settings within Windows...
  3. Light folders in dark mode

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Light folders in dark mode: When i turn dark mode on i can see calculator, settings etc. In dark mode but my folders are still in light mode what should i do for make my folder dark please help submitted by /u/burdurkonsoloslugu [link] [comments]...
  4. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  5. Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work

in Windows 10 Customization
    Dark mode / Light mode doesn't work: In Light mode: taskbar color never changes - always a hideous yellow/green, everything else follows color chosen In Dark mode: taskbar color changes- i choose a dark gray- but everything else is just black no matter which color is chosen. Neither option is acceptable. Is...
  6. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  7. Mozilla Might Soon Offer a Subscription Service for Firefox

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Might Soon Offer a Subscription Service for Firefox: Mozilla could be rethinking the way it offers some features on Firefox. The company is rethinking its business to generate more revenue and introduce new sources of revenue for the business, and one of them could involve offering a subscription service on Firefox. Mozilla’s...
  8. Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Problems with Mozilla Firefox in windows 10: My browser Mozilla Firefox freezes and closes unexpectedly sometimes as I can fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problems-with-mozilla-firefox-in-windows-10/08f6cf88-7c04-47e8-a23b-7685dd07e32e"
  9. Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox Recommended Extensions program coming soon: In February, we blogged about the challenge of helping extension users maintain their safety and security while preserving their ability to choose their browsing experience. The blog post outlined changes to the ecosystem to better protect users, such as making them more...
  10. Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Firefox 40.0 + Windows 10: Firefox makes improvements for Windows 10 http://venturebeat.com/2015/08/11/firefox-40-arrives-with-windows-10-support-expanded-malware-protection-and-new-android-navigation-gestures/ https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2015/0...add-ons-safer/ 15425