Windows 10: Mozilla jumplist

Discus and support Mozilla jumplist in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by Scottyboy99, May 8, 2017.

1. Mozilla jumplist

Anyone know of a reliable way to try and get jump lists back on Mozilla without resorting to uninstalling / reinstalling? If I right click the pinned Mozilla icon or it's entry in the start menu it no longer shows the jumplists, recent, private browsing etc. Just gives option to unpin or open. It used to show ok. I had hoped the update a couple days ago might kickstart it back to life but unfortunately not. No such problem with other browsers like IE11 and chrome, jumplists all visible for these.

:)

Scottyboy99, May 8, 2017

2. find music quickly shows all letters "greyed out"

Definitely a bug on German WP7:

Samsung Omnia 7

German Language

Jumplist doesn't work

After changing the device language to English

Jumplist works correctly

Changing back to German

Jumplist messed up again

Changing to Italian

Jumplist works

I haven't tried out other languages, but it seems that the bug is dependent on the German localization settings.

Tobias Burger, May 8, 2017
  3. gt999wa Win User
    Edge Jump list

I checked those settings as suggested and they are set properly. I have jumplists for other pinned Apps, like Word, Excel, File Explorer, etc. But no Jumplist for Edge. If I open a web page in IE from Edge, the running IE program has a working jumplist
    and I can launch other previously visited web sites (and they launch in IE) with no problem. Edge doesn't support a jumplist.

gt999wa, May 8, 2017
  4. Edwin New Member

Mozilla jumplist

Mozilla jumplist [​IMG]

Edwin, May 9, 2017
  5. Thanks, I'll give those a try when I get home. I have seen mentions of dabbling in here and I am sure I've tried before but will give it another look.

Scottyboy99, May 9, 2017
  6. I tried those settings and unfortunately it didn't work. But then I cleared history, cache etc and boom the jump list tasks etc were back

Scottyboy99, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

Mozilla jumplist

1. Mozilla jumplist - Similar Threads - Mozilla jumplist

2. Mozilla hardening Firefox against Injection Attacks

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla hardening Firefox against Injection Attacks: A proven effective way to counter code injection attacks is to reduce the attack surface by removing potentially dangerous artifacts in the codebase and hence hardening the code at various levels. To make Firefox resilient against such code injection attacks, we removed...
  3. Mozilla moving Firefox to a faster 4 week release cycle

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla moving Firefox to a faster 4 week release cycle: Overview We typically ship a major Firefox browser (Desktop and Android) release every 6 to 8 weeks. Building and releasing a browser is complicated and involves many players. To optimize the process, and make it more reliable for all users, over the years we’ve developed a...
  4. Microsoft removed my Mozilla Thunderbird app on its last upgrade.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Microsoft removed my Mozilla Thunderbird app on its last upgrade.: The Thunderbird app was used to capture emails from my old service provider email A/C and was had not been used for some time; however there was important information filed in that app which was removed during the upgrade. Microsoft have placed a list of the removed apps on...
  5. Mozilla Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection now turned on by default

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla Firefox Enhanced Tracking Protection now turned on by default: [ATTACH] Today, Firefox on desktop and Android will — by default — empower and protect all our users by blocking third-party tracking cookies and cryptominers. This milestone marks a major step in our multi-year effort to bring stronger, usable privacy protections to...
  6. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  7. Mozilla CEO Chris Beard to Step Down

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla CEO Chris Beard to Step Down: Earlier this morning I shared the news internally that – while I’ve been a Mozillian for 15 years so far, and plan to be for many more years – this will be my last year as CEO. When I returned to Mozilla just over five years ago, it was during a particularly tumultuous time...
  8. Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Win10/64 updated, now cannot receive email in one account; web pages in Mozilla display...: After update, which happened without my agreeing to it, about 12 days ago I found neither Thunderbird nor Firefox Quantum was functioning. In Thunderbird, one of my accounts will not obtain new emails. My phone receives them. In Firefox, much of the text does not appear...
  9. I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I use Mozilla/Thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks,...: I use Mozilla/thunderbird for my emails but get strange symbols, mainly question marks, when using the symbols on the upper case of the number keys. What can I do?...
  10. Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist

in Browsers and Email
    Pinning a site to Mozilla jumplist: Does anyone know how to pin a site to the Mozilla jumplist? I thought you dragged the website icon from the browser onto the pinned Mozilla residing on the taskbar. Maybe that method worked once (as I have an old one still pinned) but it doesn’t work. Same across multiple pcs...