Windows 10: Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update

Discus and support Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; A new report recently revealed that Mozilla was testing ads in Firefox browser. The users have reported that they have seen a snippet ad which shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update

A new report recently revealed that Mozilla was testing ads in Firefox browser. The users have reported that they have seen a snippet ad which shows up in the browser at the bottom of the layout.

According to Justin O’Kelly, the company is working on new ways to improve the browser and the snippet is an experiment to provide more value to its Firefox users.

“This snippet was an experiment to provide more value to Firefox users through offers provided by a partner. It was not a paid placement or advertisement. We are continually looking for more ways to say thanks for using Firefox,” Justin O’ Kelly explains.

Mozilla had earlier in the month also offered users with an opportunity to enjoy a live concert from Phosphorescent which was aimed at adding value to its users and support an open ecosystem.

“Ready to schedule that next family reunion? Here’s a thank you from Firefox. Book your next hotel stay on Booking.com today and get a free $20 Amazon gift card. Happy Holidays from Firefox! (Restriction apply.)” the ad reads.

The company has also provided the option to disable the snippet from settings if users are not willing to see it in the Firefox UI. To do this, you would need to open Preferences > Home > Snippets and turn it off.

Thunderbird update

Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update Thunderbird-layout.jpg

Mozilla has announced a major update to its advanced email app on desktop. The company is working on making the email client function faster compared to the previous versions.

The engineers are working on new technologies to rewrite some parts of Thunderbird and improve its performance on the desktop. Mozilla also announced that it is working on making Thunderbird more beautiful and the update will also add support for Windows 10 notification system.

The email app will be integrating Windows 10 built-in notification system to deliver a native experience.

The post Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Jan 4, 2019

2. Mozilla Leaves Thunderbird

While Mozilla's Firefox continues to make massive marketshare gains and is arguably the best web browser currently the Thunderbird email client hasn't received the same love and attention. Thus the future of the software has come up for debate by Mozilla CEO Mitchell Baker in his latest blog post in which he admits
    Three options are under consideration:
    * Create a new non-profit organization analogous to the Mozilla Foundation
    * Create a new subsidiary of the Mozilla Foundation for Thunderbird
    * Thunderbird is released as a community project

Baker calls on readers to contact Mozilla with their suggestions while admitting
    Obviously Thunderbird is no longer of interest to Mozilla as their only plans are to overhaul Internet Explorer.

Source: Mozilla

HellasVagabond, Jan 4, 2019
  3. Dark Ride Win User
    Mozilla Thunderbird 1.0.7

A new version of the popular e-mail client Mozilla Thunderbird is available to the public for download.

"Thunderbird is a full-featured e-mail and newsgroup client that makes emailing safer, faster and easier than ever before more. Mozilla Thunderbird is a redesign of the Mozilla mail component. Our goal is to produce a cross platform stand alone mail application using the XUL user interface language. Our intended customer is someone who uses Mozilla Firefox (or another stand alone browser) as their primary browser and wants a mail client based on mozilla that "plays nice" with the browser."

Grab it from here !

... and read the realease notes while downloading.

Dark Ride, Jan 4, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Mozilla Firefox Updated to 3.0.4

Mozilla released an update to its latest web browser, Firefox 3. The browser has been updated to sub-version 3.0.4, with several security patches, bug fixes and localization features added to the mix. To begin with, Mozilla patched several moderate-thru-critical vulnerabilities which include excecution of malicious code remotely, and crashes leading to memory corruption. The list of security fixes can be found here.

Mozilla also squished several bugs as listed in the Bug List. The company expanded localization for Firefox, with stable releases in Icelandic and Thai, and beta releases in Bulgarian, Esperanto, Estonian, Latvian, Occitan, and Welsh languages, which are open for testing till they reach stable-grade in subsequent releases. For more information, please refer to the Release Notes. Firefox can be downloaded from the server closest to you, from the Firefox homepage. Existing users would be updated automatically.

btarunr, Jan 4, 2019
Thema:

1. Mozilla tests snippet in Firefox browser, announces major Thunderbird update - Similar Threads - Mozilla tests snippet

2. Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for Password.: Mozilla Thunderbird keeps asking for the Password for my Hotmail Account. As it was the old version of it I had I uninstalled it. I then installed the latest version Thunderbird 11.5.0.1 Supernova 64 BIt. It stopped doing for a bit but now it has started to ask for the...
  3. Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla firefox and thunderbird questions: I just installed firefox 85.0.2 brownser and thunderbird 78.11 email. I need a bit of helps. Firefox -Is it possible to disable update notification on startup ? -Is there any language translator plugin avaiable ? Thunderbird -Is there any PDF viewer plugin to read PDF mail ?...
  4. Mozilla Firefox issues

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mozilla Firefox issues: I use Firefox as my browser on my laptop (Windows 10). I've had this laptop for about 6 months and had no issues with Firefox until recently. When I open up the browser it opens to Google.com, just as I set it. However, if I type anything in either the Google search bar or...
  5. mozilla firefox freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mozilla firefox freezes: Quite often when using this engine it freezes what can I do to alleviate this https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mozilla-firefox-freezes/3962aa68-a9a5-4bf0-9280-cc16d86663da
  6. Mozilla closing Firefox Test Pilot program

in Windows 10 News
    Mozilla closing Firefox Test Pilot program: For the last three years Firefox has invested heavily in innovation, and our users have been an essential part of this journey. Through the Test Pilot Program, Firefox users have been able to help us test and evaluate a variety of potential Firefox features. Building on the...
  7. Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird 60.3.0: This version has been released today. Can be downloaded from the Mozilla ftp, 32-bit and 64-bit versions available. Directory Listing: /pub/thunderbird/releases/60.3.0/ 120836
  8. Mozilla Thunderbird

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird: Mozilla have released version 60 of thir email client. Now available in a 64-bit version as well as 32-bit. Thunderbird — Release Notes (60.0) — Mozilla 115501
  9. Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting

in Browsers and Email
    Mozilla Thunderbird lost Font formatting: My message reading Fonts suddenly lost their formatting. In Thunderbird under TOOLS > OPTIONS > DISPLAY > FORMATTING you can change the font, size, and color for reading emails. When I booted up the other day all of the fonts where set back to defaults. All of my settings...
  10. Firefox and Thunderbird backup

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and Thunderbird backup: Mozbackup still works fine under W10. A Thunderbird backup may take a while depending on its size. Mine was 2.1GB I back mine up monthly to an external drive and NAS just in case *Wink MozBackup - Backup tool for Firefox and Thunderbird 12657