Windows 10: Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop

Discus and support Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Mozilla has been constantly working on adding new features for its Firefox browser to keep it on par with Google’s Chrome browser. Mozilla is currently... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinLatest, Feb 18, 2019.

1. WinLatest New Member

Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop

Mozilla has been constantly working on adding new features for its Firefox browser to keep it on par with Google’s Chrome browser. Mozilla is currently testing another new feature which it plans to roll out for the public very soon.

The latest feature “Picture in Picture mode” or “PiP” is available in Firefox Nightly and it allows users to watch videos right on the desktop without closing the window. Although Mozilla has implemented picture in picture mode functionality in Firefox Nightly already, it works partially and there are a couple of bugs.

The picture in picture mode is also available in other browsers like Google Chrome and Vivaldi. Once the feature is pushed out, you will be able to watch YouTube videos on top of other windows.

Mozilla is also working on allowing users to configure the size of the popup by going to the settings.

The PiP feature in other browsers like Vivaldi allows users to enable the PiP mode by right-clicking on the YouTube video. The popup in the Vivaldi browser comes with a pause button along with the close button which helps users to pause and close the video by using the mouse.

Mozilla is currently working on improving this feature and there has been no ETA announced as to when the company plans to roll out the feature to all Firefox users.

Other improvements also planned

Mozilla is also working on introducing a series of changes for extensions management in the browser. Firefox 66 will improve the performance and will also reduce the memory footprint of the browser.

The company says that during the update process of Firefox 66, the local storage JSON file is migrated to IndexedDB which helps in reducing the memory and improve the performance of the browser.

“This change is completely transparent to extension developers – you do not need to do anything to take advantage of this improvement. When users upgrade to Firefox 66, the local storage JSON file is silently migrated to IndexedDB,” Mike Conca, Product Manager, Firefox WebExtensions, explains.

The new version Firefox 66 is being tested with beta users and the company plans to release the new version on March 19, 2019.

The post Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop appeared first on Windows Latest

Weiterlesen...

WinLatest, Feb 18, 2019

2. Cannot uninstall Mozilla Firefox in Windows 10.

I went to Control Panel/Uninstall and placed checkmark next to Mozilla Firefox, then clicked Uninstall and nothing happens. The icon is gone from desktop but it still appears in list of Programs. Any suggestions?

CoolKats65, Feb 18, 2019
  3. Basith M Win User
    Mozilla Firefox not working

Hi Nancy,

This might have caused due to any settings or compatibility issues.

As a first step, I suggest you to shutdown the computer as you did earlier. After an hour, try restarting the computer and then try to uninstall Mozilla Firefox and then try reinstalling it and check if the issues persists.

If still you are not able to uninstall it, then try contacting Firefox support for further assistance with this issue.

If you are able to uninstall Mozilla Firefox, then try installing the program in compatibility mode and check if it works for you.

Refer to the following Windows 8 article to install program in compatibility mode, the steps for Windows 8.1 applies to Windows 10 as well.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-8/older-programs-compatible-version-windows

Please reply with the status of the issue so that we can help you in a better way.

Basith M, Feb 18, 2019
  4. btarunr Win User

Mozilla Firefox 4 Web-Browser Released

Mozilla Corporation unveiled the "latest and greatest" version of its popular web-browser, Mozilla Firefox 4. With this release, the open-source browser achieves all essential features common with the latest generation of web-browsers that include Google Chrome 10+ and Microsoft Internet Explorer 9, which are: HTML5 support, and GPU-accelerated webpage drawing. Apart from being a lot faster than Firefox 3.6, the new browser sports a completely new user interface that shifts tabs to the titlebar, shifts menus to a "Firefox" button, and consolidates the address bar, search bar, and navigation buttons into a single line, which it refers to as the "Awesome Bar". Apart from a new bookmark manager, Firefox lets you group tabs to streamline multitasking on the browser. Mozilla Firefox 4 will be available to a variety of platforms.

Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop 136a_thm.jpg

DOWNLOAD: Mozilla Firefox 4

btarunr, Feb 18, 2019
Thema:

1. Mozilla’s Firefox browser to get picture in picture mode on desktop - Similar Threads - Mozilla’s Firefox browser

2. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    desktop pictures: I think it would be nice if you could print the location of pictures that come up when we sign in to windows. Always different pictures and would be nice to know where the location is...
  3. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    desktop pictures: I think it would be nice if you could print the location of pictures that come up when we sign in to windows. Always different pictures and would be nice to know where the location is...
  4. desktop pictures

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Firefox and pictures/videos

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox and pictures/videos: For a while I'm having problems with displaying of pictures and some videos. For pictures at some sites (a lot of them) instead of a picture I see only it's placeholder, sometimes just a grey background or nothing. Video problems manifest mostly as black screen with circle as...
  6. Desktop picture

Desktop picture: My desktop just came up black and all the windows screen colors are reversed when I click the startup button. What has happened? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/0b851151-48cb-425a-81d3-99915a3d0e52
  7. Picture mode

Picture mode: Hello, I have a small question about what would be the best ''picture mode'' for me to use on my LG monitor. It has a few options which from i mainly use Cinema mode, since i play a lot of gamesmainly GTA V but also watch a lot of YouTube and Anime. But since a few days i...
  8. Desktop Pictures

in Windows 10 Support
    Desktop Pictures: I have 4 Win10 machines and each seems to have its own version of the lock screen as well as the 'sign in' screen. I would like to use some of them as my desktop background but don't know where the files for them are located. Can someone point them out to me? Thank you....
  9. desktop picture

desktop picture: how do i find out what my desk top picture is from, ie place? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/desktop-picture/34c62eb8-9947-49f2-bb2e-bed38f51b959
  10. Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text

in Browsers and Email
    Pictures in Firefox Overlap Text: I am running Firefox 57.0.2 under W10 build 1709. The first shot in in Edge and shows the pictures just where they should be. The second is in Firefox. Notice the pictures overlap the text. Anyone have a notion how to fix this? Thank you. In Edge [img] In...