Windows 10: MP3 file property details

Discus and support MP3 file property details in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by JimmyKT, Sep 16, 2019.

1. JimmyKT Win User

MP3 file property details

When I update mp3 properties details contributing artist, a drop down window appears with artist names. How do I add artist to this list?

:)

JimmyKT, Sep 16, 2019

2. MP3 files can't be edited in details pane or properties

why would anyone convert a file to wma that is a 1990's horrible outdated format. Use MP3 or AAC.

You want a little help, try this:

Windows Media Player - Play ALL Video & Audio Formats Easily

I would be shocked if Windows 7, 8 or 10 properties>Details would show any details for wma files.

Shark007 advanced code pack might be able to then list the property details for those horrible files.

Good Luck.

seahawks65, Sep 16, 2019
  3. Can't Change MP3 Details

Hi David,

For us to better assist you, we'd like to ask a few questions with regard to changing the details of MP3 files.

• Are you getting any error messages when changing the details of a Mp3 file? If yes, what is the exact error message?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps before posting this concern? If yes, what are those?

Looking forward to your response.

Reymichael Ros, Sep 16, 2019
  4. MP3 file property details

Win 10 batch edit mp3 properties erases data

Hi,

Windows 10 supports changing MP3 information. This issue occurs if the there are settings that need to be configured. To resolve your concern, follow the steps below:

• First, right-click the MP3 file which you want to edit.
    • Select Properties.
    • Click on Details tab.
    • Edit the file information of whichever you want.
    • Lastly, click on Apply, then Ok.
    Disclaimer: Try this in a single file first, then, check if it works.

If the issue still persists, we suggest the following solutions:

• Temporarily disable the security software and check if this helps.
    Disclaimer: Enable the antivirus as soon as you're done. Your computer is vulnerable to virus attacks specially if you're connected to the Internet

• Boot the computer in safe mode and check if this helps to edit the mp3 details. Refer to this
      link on how to
      Start your PC in safe mode in Windows 10.

Let us know the status of the issue in this regards. Your reply is important to assist you better.

Marvelos Reg, Sep 16, 2019
Thema:

MP3 file property details

1. MP3 file property details - Similar Threads - MP3 file property

2. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  3. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  4. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  5. Edit details on MP3

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Edit details on MP3: HiPlease advise how to enable editing on an MP3Why is it that some MP3 file's property details can be entered/changed and not others?I've compared one that I can't and one that I can and can't see anything that's different, except the details locked on one and not the...
  6. Edit details on MP3

7. Can not edit file property details

Can not edit file property details: I'm aware this has been discussed before, but I can not add an album artist to a file that has no album artist. I want to change it so I have a way to categorize the file. However, the suggested way of changing details does not work pressing F2 while the file is open. If any...
  8. Editing MP3 Properties

Editing MP3 Properties: When editing a File Name in an MP3 file, the system deletes the Title property. When editing any property in a group of files, the system deletes all Title values. This is a new problem since the last update. I have over nearly 200,000 MP3 files and have been editing...
  9. Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...

Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing...: Windows 10 properties -wont’ save changes in MP3 File Details such as Title, Contributing artist, Album artist parameters. All properties functioned perfectly in Windows 7 for years, but Not in Windows 10 If you add text to Title for example and say OK and close it. Then...
  10. File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer displays MP3 details, NOT File Details. How to switch ?: Hello, In Windows 10 using the File Explorer, When I copy/create a new .MP3 file onto my computer it is displaying the .MP3 info. and not general file info. in the File Explorer. Example: It displays "Name, #, Title, Artist, Album" etc. It should be displaying......