Windows 10: MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

Discus and support MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi everyone. So my computer spent some time in NY being repaired at the Asus Repair Center (or whatever they call it) before coming back here in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by GabrielCabana, Feb 3, 2019.

1. MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

Hi everyone.

So my computer spent some time in NY being repaired at the Asus Repair Center (or whatever they call it) before coming back here in Canada. When it came back, the main issue was resolved, but I noticed a new minor issue. Past a variable amount of characters, my MP3 and FLAC tags won't display properly, whether I use File Explorer or a media player (foobar2000 in my case). It also has trouble dealing with special characters, like letters with macrons.

To be clear, only the display seems affected. When dragging the files in a media player, the titles will appear in their entirety. However, if I modify the tags in File Explorer, and then drag the files back in the media player, the characters past the first couple ones will be lost. Both the internal drive and external ones exhibit the same issue. I have activated the LongPathsEnabled in the registry.

I am providing a screenshot below to help visualize the problem.

Regards,

Gabriel C.

MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely 7a8f4850-41fb-47ff-857e-3f64514bf1ff?upload=true.png

:)

GabrielCabana, Feb 3, 2019
  2. tw0sheds Win User

some FLAC Tags in Explorer not visible

FLAC files use Ogg Vorbis tags NOT id3 like mp3.

tw0sheds, Feb 3, 2019
  3. DJBPace07 Win User

Tags in FLAC and OGG are stored in VORBIS comments which are different than MP3's storing in ID3 tags. FLAC can store tag information in both VORBIS and ID3 tags, but the FLAC standard only guarantees information in VORBIS. The issue people are having
    is Windows cannot view the tags with Explorer, and possibly Windows Media Player, without additional software but playback of FLAC is possible.

I gave up trying to troubleshoot this problem a while ago and moved music playback over to a guaranteed FLAC media player like "MediaMonkey." It easily reads the tags and can do most of what WMP can, it just doesn't look as pretty.

DJBPace07, Feb 3, 2019
  4. Ehsu99 Win User

MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

Several parties need to fix the FLAC tag issues together.

I used WMP+Plug-in to play FLAC for years, FB2000 for convert file and Mp3tage for most tag content editing. I tried various ways to let Win10 WMP display FLAC tag information normally as before. Although it is not perfect, it
    really has some improvements. If your original FLAC tag no show, Here are some tips.

(In my case, I use Mp3tage & FB2000, you might like use other tools)

• Check if any 'Artist' length longer than 31 characters? If yes, add a short 'Album Artist' (less than 31 length) to the Album. Save the tag and you will see the 'Track#' & 'Title' showed.
    • At explorer check if all files Album image there? If not, load the album with FB2000, select all files and force all tags re-Save again. (Use all properties, delete
      'Album Artist', YES to save and re-add 'Album Artist' than save again). You can see the Album image now. (I tried Mp3stag to save the album tag, but image no show)
    • WMP FLAC 'date' no show issue. Actually WMP display 'date' by takes <YEAR> metadata. But most tag editor tools support <DATE> only, so we need use WMP or Explorer to edit 'YEAR' to show. I don't know WMP or Tools which one is
      right? and who should fix the issue?
    • 'Artist' no show issue similar to 'date', you can only use WMP to edit it. Once you get the 'Artist' showed at WMP (Explore still no), you cannot use other tools to modify it, otherwise the
      'Artist' will be overridden.
    It seems FLAC tag has different versions or someone didn't follow the rules. I have no idea who response for what issues? only wish solve it ASAP.

Hope it help!

Ehsu99, Feb 3, 2019
Thema:

MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely

1. MP3/FLAC Tags Not Displayed Entirely - Similar Threads - MP3 FLAC Tags

2. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  3. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Gaming
    displaying MP3 and FLAC tags: I can put info into the URL tag but it is not displayed. The comments tag is displayed with Flac files and not with MP3. Contrary to the comments I've seen FLAC fags can be edited with W10....
  4. displaying MP3 and FLAC tags

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3

Thumbnails are showing for FLAC files but not MP3: Hi, Yesterday I installed and uninstalled a couple of trial video converters and after that my MP3 thumbnails simply stopped working.I tried all I could find, including the solutions on the thread below but nothing worked. I also tried doing a system restore, but I keep...
  6. Missing Tags on FLAC Files

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Missing Tags on FLAC Files: Hey, y'all. I recently migrated from MacOS to WIndows and brought my small library of FLAC music with me. Pretty much everything has been seamless with the exception of two files. In Explorer and Groove, they appear to have no tags, yet in Mp3tag and VLC they do. Every other...
  7. Change flac file to mp3 file

Change flac file to mp3 file: So I Just downloaded a song from discord and it's a flac file, i want it to be a mp3 file, how can I change it? submitted by /u/JDOGGoNE1 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/lkfc3h/change_flac_file_to_mp3_file/
  8. FLAC files have no tags in windows 10

FLAC files have no tags in windows 10: I can access the tags and alter them via mp3 tagger, but neither the file explorer, Windows Media Player, or Groove Music can read it. I read a statement from October 2018 that it was bugged? This has not been fixed...
  9. Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files

Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files: Hi, I'm fully aware that Windows so cold "native FLAC support" is not really working as it should and due to it I have a significant issues with my music collection of 2000+ FLAC files. I added ID comments to most of these files using Mp3tag or MediaMonkey but nothing gets...
  10. Error message converting FLAC to MP3

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message converting FLAC to MP3: Just recently I ripped my CD's via Windows Media Player to the FLAC format and when I use Real Player to convert them to MP3 format I get an error message. BTW both my operating system and windows media player are up to date....