Windows 10: MP3 Metadata Problem...Can't Edit Without Deleting Other Values

Discus and support MP3 Metadata Problem...Can't Edit Without Deleting Other Values in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm not sure this is a Window's problem/issue, but hopefully someone here can help out... Basically, when I edit the Album info in the metadata, it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ARAMP1, Nov 11, 2018.

1. ARAMP1 Win User

MP3 Metadata Problem...Can't Edit Without Deleting Other Values

I'm not sure this is a Window's problem/issue, but hopefully someone here can help out...

Basically, when I edit the Album info in the metadata, it deletes all the other metadata.

I bought the new 50th anniversary Beatles White Album. All 6 discs are named something different, and I wanted to change the name so they're all the same except "Disc 1", "Disc 2", etc. But, when I change it and save, it deletes track name, number, year, artist, and doesn't even save the album name.

Ironically, once it deletes everything, I can can go back in, track for track, and all all the info back. I can even change the album name then and it doesn't delete anything. Just the first time I try to edit anything.

Any ideas or suggestions would be helpful.

Edit to add. The picture included is right after I tried to change track 1's album name. It cleared out everything else.

:)

ARAMP1, Nov 11, 2018
  2. dalchina Win User

Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

I agree - routinely using a dedicated tag editor is more straightforward.

However, you can restore some features to Windows - Properties, Details and the Details pane in File explorer using free File Metadata
    File Metadata - Home

E.g.

MP3 Metadata Problem...Can't Edit Without Deleting Other Values [​IMG]

dalchina, Nov 11, 2018
  3. JohnnyGui Win User
    Two problems with editing metadata of music files

Hello,

Attached is an example of such an mp3 file.

I edit the metadata by accessing the Details tab through right-clicking on an mp3 file and then choosing Properties (see attachment). I am aware that you can't edit the metadata if an mp3 file is in the My Music folder; you'd first have to open its location (right-click --> open file location) to get to its version that is editable.

JohnnyGui, Nov 11, 2018
  4. pepanee Win User

Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

I agree with the Eagle. If you want to mass edit metadata for MP3 files, then it is best to have it all laid out in front of you to edit... so you don't have to open the Properties window for each file. Even though this is a 3rd party program, it's a very useful and productive program to use if you do mass metadata editing.

pepanee, Nov 11, 2018
Thema:

1. MP3 Metadata Problem...Can't Edit Without Deleting Other Values - Similar Threads - MP3 Metadata Problem

2. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  3. Problem editing properties of .mp3 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Problem editing properties of .mp3 files: I have a bunch of .mp3 files from various sources downloads, ripped from CDs, vinyl, etc. Some do not have the Album Artist field filled in, but have Title, Contributing Artist, Album, Genre & Year. If I go to Properties>Details and type in the Album Artist then click OK, all...
  4. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified: Hi, for the recent months, I have been facing a problem when editing the metadata of my MP3 files. When I try to change any of the file's metadata, such as the album name or artist, it says the following:An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file....
  5. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified: Hi, for the recent months, I have been facing a problem when editing the metadata of my MP3 files. When I try to change any of the file's metadata, such as the album name or artist, it says the following:An unexpected error is keeping you from applying properties to the file....
  6. MP3 metadata such as Album name can't be modified

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  7. No longer able to edit mp3 metadata

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    No longer able to edit mp3 metadata: I checked wav and m4a, I'm still able to edit metadata with those. I haven't had a problem editing mp3's before. With File Explorer, Groove Music, and even navigating to Details under Properties. I can't even give the song a star rating. I checked that they weren't marked...
  8. editing metadata for file type without file ending

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    editing metadata for file type without file ending: Dear Microsoft Experts, we have files without a type file ending like .txt or .jpg and use Windows 10 Pro. Its just the file name. When want to edit the metadata (right click - properties) we have no success, it just cant be edited. However, my memory tell me, this worked...
  9. Can't edit mp3 details

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't edit mp3 details: So recently I decided to build up my music library on my phone, so I also wanted to update some of my music with details (album, artist, etc) but for some reason it won't let me do it even as an admin So here's what I've done so far: 1. Went to properties 2. Went to...
  10. Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file

in Windows 10 Support
    Losing all metadata when editing a single property on an MP3 file: Hi All, I've downloaded an album, and I'm trying to edit the title tag of each file, however as soon as I edit it and click apply, the file is losing all of its metadata (title, artist, album etc.) To edit the title, I'm just right clicking on the file > Properties >...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i cant edit my mp3 metadata

2. why cant i edit mp3 metadata