Windows 10: MP3 music syncing with WMP

Discus and support MP3 music syncing with WMP in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by VinceB, Jun 9, 2021.

1. VinceB Win User

MP3 music syncing with WMP

Hi: I am trying to transfer a playlist of MP3s music to a thumb drive for playback in my Honda 2013 sound system via an USB receptacle jack. With the Play tab selected in WMP, I selected all songs and dragged to the Playlist righthand panel. Then selected the Sync tab. Clicked the Start Sync button. Observed that transfer had started and completed. I thought I was doing a proper sync, but when I plugged the thumb drive into my car's audio system and attempted USB playback, an error message appeared that said ... no data on device... When viewing the files on the thumb drive with File Manager, I see several subfolders with titles of song artists' names. Obviously, my effort did not succeed. What should I have done? I am now redoing my above steps with a different thumb drive. The syncing is 80% completed. ( BTW, just prior to all this I reformatted the two thumb drives that I am now using. ) __________________________________________________________________________________________ Edit: The 2nd thumb drive content is the same as on the 1st thumb drive. That leads me to believe that the device format is incorrect. I used File Manager to reformat these devices, and I think it was to a FAT format. Is there another requirement when formatting for MP3 files?

:)

VinceB, Jun 9, 2021
  2. 1Kurgan1 Win User

MP3 player sync

I have a Creative 8GB mp3 player ad wondering if anyone else has some good suggestions beyond WMP for syncing my library too it.

1Kurgan1, Jun 9, 2021
  3. SHEILAFOX Win User
    Syncing music to mp3

Unable to do this since getting Windows 10.

On wmp screen it SAYS SYNC HAS BEEN SUCCESSFUL AFTER ONLY A COUPLE OF SECONDS BUT ON MP3 THE ALBUM IS LISTED BUT NO TRACKS ARE THERE!! HELP PLEASE.

SHEILAFOX, Jun 9, 2021
  4. MP3 music syncing with WMP

syncing music from windows 10 to mp3 player.

The link on this page leads to "download Windows Media Player 12". It does not lead to "article to sync the device with ...".

You can use WMP 12 to sync to an MP3 player.

If you are syncing to a high capacity MP3 player. WMP 12 will automatically sync your whole music library.

If you have a limited capacity player you can manually drag albums to the sync window and initiate the sync.

Connect your MP3 player to your computer. (See connecting USB 2 device to USB3 port below if necessary.)

Using Windows Media Player 12, go to the right hand window. Click the Sync tab above the window. Click the "list" icon in the tool bar in the sync window. Select "set up sync".

Follow the prompts.

Drag the albums or music to the "Sync list" (for limited capacity devices).

Click the "Start Sync" button.

Connecting USB 2 MP3 player to USB 3 ports:

Plug and Play often does not work.

1 Turn your computer off.

2 Connect the USB 2 device to the USB 3 port.

3 Start your computer.

Enjoy!

Paul L Bristol, Jun 9, 2021
Thema:

MP3 music syncing with WMP

1. MP3 music syncing with WMP - Similar Threads - MP3 music syncing

2. mp3 files keep stalling when being played WMP, Groove Music, VCL

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mp3 files keep stalling when being played WMP, Groove Music, VCL: Some background information:I run windows 10 Pro 64-bit on a Dell laptop that is well maintained.The mp3 files stalls at random places for a few seconds and than continues playing. This often happens but all the time a couple of times in music files so about 3 to 5 minutes...
  3. MP3 Music

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP3 Music: I have ripped music to MP3 on my laptop. My MP3 player is a Panasonic DVD/CD player/recorder which plays MP3 music. I want to transfer the files from my laptop to the Panasonic equipment. Do I need to add a device ie. the Panasonic device to my laptop to achieve this?I...
  4. Combining music in WMP

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Combining music in WMP: I am trying to combine items of music into individual albums. As an example I may have two identical albums (say two Arthur Lyman albums) pictured with different selections from the same album. One has tracks 1,3 and 5 and 7.The other 2,4,8, etc. Is there a way to combine the...
  5. WMP sync options

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WMP sync options: I am running Win 10 (latest update) using WMP 12. When I connect my android phone by USB WMP only sees the internal storage as an option to sync to. My phone has a separate SD card which I want to use for syncing to (more storage) but cannot see a way to do so. If I also...
  6. sync music to me mp3 player

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    sync music to me mp3 player: I cannot get my cd music to sync to my mp3 player any help it keeps saying to add my device I have added it but cannot download anything https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sync-music-to-me-mp3-player/4963a69c-4e99-450b-b5ee-870275944912
  7. how to transfer music from wmp to mp3

in Windows 10 Customization
    how to transfer music from wmp to mp3: how to transfer music from wmp to mp3 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-other_settings/how-to-transfer-music-from-wmp-to-mp3/cf3c4cba-f60f-4002-9767-d9e2e9044d93
  8. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: After over 20 years of enjoying music through WMP I find on this near new laptop with WIn 10 that WMP won't play music files from the music folder or those stored in the WMP library. So I went to give feedback via the Feedback Hub but the msg was not sent as I was informed...
  9. WMP won't play music

WMP won't play music: I keep hearing good things about Iceland jimbo ... hopefully get there to visit (but in the Summer!) skal @nithig Thanks - it's a great friendly place like Ireland the same philosophy "No such thing as strangers -- just friends who haven't yet met" !!!!! try the...
  10. mp3 to wmp

in Windows 10 Support
    mp3 to wmp: Please post how to take songs off mp3 player and put in windows media player. Appreciate the help! 50944