Windows 10: MP3's stopped working correctly.

Discus and support MP3's stopped working correctly. in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; When I click on an MP3 file a dialog opens asking which player to use. No matter which player I choose the dialog just reopens. If I click on a WMA... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Mike99, Jul 3, 2017.

1. Mike99 Win User

MP3's stopped working correctly.

When I click on an MP3 file a dialog opens asking which player to use. No matter which player I choose the dialog just reopens. If I click on a WMA file it opens my default player and plays fine. If I leave the player window open and drag the MP3 onto it it plays just fine. Not sure when this problem started but I did just upgrade to Creators Update.

:)

Mike99, Jul 3, 2017

2. N91 Major Problem

I would like to chip in on this thread and say I am one of the ones that is VERY happy with my N91. I have not had problems uploading, playing or deleting MP3's, of which I have a few hundred now stored on my N91.

I have had some corrupt mp3's that worked fine on my pc, but do not work on my 91. I ripped them from CD again, transferred them and had no problems.

Another thing worth doing before transferring mp3's is to run them through an mp3 tagger so they go into the right categories and select correctly.

Downloaded mp3's may have permissions set, be read only, be hidden etc which could also cause problems on the N91, I haven't fully tested these sorts as yet to check for incompatibility.

If your sure you have a 'dodgy' phone then I sypathise with you, but it is worth checking the mp3's before blaming the phone.

doozer---01, Jul 3, 2017
  3. garym123 Win User

I don't know the source of your mp3's but if they are tagged correctly as to album, artist and song they will all be on the same album and display together and play as an album Folders are not used to help with the mp3 sorting.

garym123, Jul 3, 2017
  4. pepanee Win User

pepanee, Jul 3, 2017
  5. mrgeek Win User
    "If I click on a WMA file it opens my default player and plays fine. If I leave the player window open and drag the MP3 onto it it plays just fine."

What is your preferred music player ?

mrgeek, Jul 4, 2017
  6. Mike99 Win User
    It doesn't matter whether you check it or not. If you do it is supposed to change your default to whichever player is selected. But in my case nothing happens, the dialog box just reopens. I currently have Windows Media Player as default, but i can change to VLC or something else and same thing happens. I can open any player manually and drag the file in and it plays fine, it just won't play when double clicked which it it always did before. By the way, when I double click a .wma file it opens and plays as it should. Only MP3 files are having this problem.

Mike99, Jul 4, 2017
  7. pepanee Win User
    Go to:
    Control Panel\Programs\Default Programs\Set Associations
    Select the .mp3 extension
    Press the Change program... button, and see if you can fix it from here

MP3's stopped working correctly. [​IMG]

pepanee, Jul 4, 2017
  8. Mike99 Win User

Control Panel no longer exists after creators update!

Mike99, Jul 4, 2017
  9. mrgeek Win User
    Are you ALSO checking the box at bottom of pepanee's screenshot that says "Always use this app to open mp3 files" as well as choosing the program that you want to use ?

You can also brute force choose to use WMP or VLC thru Control Panel/Default Programs/Set Default Programs. In my screenshot, I'll use VLC as an example. Pick VLC in L column. Check "Set this program as default" and it will let VLC play any and all file types that it can play. Same for WMP if you prefer that instead. The other option to "Choose defaults for this program" will enable you to pick and choose, say use VLC for all video and WMP for all music, etc. Good Luck

MP3's stopped working correctly. [​IMG]

mrgeek, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MP3's stopped working correctly. - Similar Threads - MP3's stopped working

2. Your Phone app stopped working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your Phone app stopped working correctly: I have been using Your Phone for several weeks without a hitch. Suddenly a couple of days ago it stopped receiving texts. It is paired with a Samsung Galaxy 8S. I can send texts on the app, and the responses come through on my phone, but not on the app. Any suggestions on how...
  3. The s on my keyboard stopped working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    The s on my keyboard stopped working: alright, I am typing on tablet mode, but anyways, the s letter on my keyboard stopped working, it was fine for the whole day, but when I got on a game, the letter stopped working any help? Struggling right now. submitted by /u/HoneySick [link] [comments]...
  4. Bose Quietcomfort 35's not working correctly

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bose Quietcomfort 35's not working correctly: The issue: I can hear myself and there is no audio, only input audio. My goal is: To talk through the mic without hearing myself https://imgur.com/a/c9JYJRF What I've tried: o Disabling Only Hands-Free Output device o Control Panel > Sound > Recording Tab > Hands-Free...
  5. mp3's in windows 10 stopped working

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mp3's in windows 10 stopped working: I was wondering if anyone could help me, i was listening to music then media player came up with a message stating it could not play the file. Now it will not play any of my mp3 files on multiple hard drives. i have even installed winamp and it will not play any of my files...
  6. MP3 Rocket 7.4.1 has stopped working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MP3 Rocket 7.4.1 has stopped working: I get a message from MP3 rocket saying an error has occured we are currently working on it. My vesion 7.4.1 MP3 Rocket says error has occured we are currently working on it. Then another message comes up when I click download or preview a song it says Application has failed...
  7. jpg's and mp3's not grouping correctly in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    jpg's and mp3's not grouping correctly in File Explorer: I'm using Win 10 Pro, Version 1803, OS Build 17134.285 I have found, while using File Explorer, that some jpg's and mp3's will not be grouped together by use of "Name" in File Explorer, like most are. I've included a screen shot for clarification. I use MP3Tag for all mp3's...
  8. File Explorer and MP3's

in Windows 10 Support
    File Explorer and MP3's: How do you get the artist visible on a single MP3? In other words, if I have a number of mp3's in a folder and I want the artist to be visible, the ribbon gives me the ability too show "Album artist", View>Add columns>Album artist, the MP3's in the folder are single, non...
  9. A problem caused the program to stop working correctly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    A problem caused the program to stop working correctly: Hi I’ma first timer I amrunning 3 windows ten machines 1:Desktop PC ONE A: Windows 10 pro B: Version 11511 C: OS Build 10586.318 D: Product ID 00330-80000-00000-AA763 E: Processor AMD Athlon™ II X4 630 2.80 GHz F: Ram 4 GB (3.75 GB usable)...
  10. Problem, Action Center stopped working correctly

in Windows 10 Support
    Problem, Action Center stopped working correctly: Hi, Having issues with Action Center since yesterday. Two things can happen 1) will not open when clicked, or 2) will open, briefly, for one or two seconds, and will close itself, while not allowing any click on it. I already did a restore to the day before, but problem...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mp3 rocket free fix it