Windows 10: mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

Discus and support mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milad88tiger, May 23, 2020 at 7:38 AM.

1. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

hi

I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access

C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore

C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore

I used all the methods mentioned on this page, but it didn't work

https://windowsreport.com/thumbnail-previews-not-showing/

There is currently no preview of video and audio files in these two applications movies and tv , groove music and windows explorer

But the thumbnails of the jpeg, pdf,............ ...... can be seen in windows explorer

please help me to fix it

thank you

:)

Milad88tiger, May 23, 2020 at 7:38 AM
  2. bel-p Win User

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer.

I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons.

Some MP4 files clearly show that they're a film as they display the movie style thumbnail, but others just display a plain thumbnail so don't look any different from JPG files.

I've now realised that films that I've taken horizontally with my phone show as movie style thumbnails, but films taken vertically with my phone show as ordinary thumbnails. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... 22af6731-511b-4796-919c-ce22254bafbe?upload=true.png

3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

4. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

Hi Pandehlove,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the app doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the Windows build on the PC?
    2. Were there any changes on your system prior to which you were able to view the 'Explore' and 'Purchased' options?

I would like to let you know that this option is region specific. Check if the region, date and time has been set correctly on the PC.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to see if that helps.

Help with Movies & TV app problems on Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3078121/help-with-movies-tv-app-problems-on-windows-10

If further assistance is required, please get back with the results of the troubleshooting steps performed.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Thema:

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

1. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... - Similar Threads - mp4 mp3 thumbnails

2. Movies & TV App Doesn't Play Shows/Movies While Offline

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies & TV App Doesn't Play Shows/Movies While Offline: Hello Microsoft, I'm very displeased as to the Movies & TV application runs on my Windows 10 laptop. I move around quite often for my job so I might be in locations where I don't have access to internet readily available in my accommodations. I figured I would download...
  3. Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Movies & TV and WMP not showing on TV as server?: Hi all. I've done a fresh install of Win10 (Ver. 1909) on one machine and an upgrade on another from Win7 Ultimate (Win10 Ver. 1903). The former doesn't show the PC on my LG C8 OLED when I use it's video player app as a listed server. I can cast to it with individual files...
  4. Covert MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Covert MP4 to MP3: Hi . Is there a way to do it without using third party software? submitted by /u/faizalr17 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/dzfv7d/covert_mp4_to_mp3/
  5. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  6. .mp4 thumbnail icons!?

.mp4 thumbnail icons!?: Did the feature update this morning and now I don't get thumbnail previews for .mp4 files only! Any idea why anyone!? I like my thumbnails!!! Chuter. EDIT: To be more specific it seems it's only not going to show me the .mp4 video thumbnails for the videos that came...
  7. Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer. I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons. Some MP4 files clearly show that...
  8. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...
  9. Movies and TV shows question

Movies and TV shows question: Hi I bought some movies and TV shows from the App Store. and the only player that they will play on is movies TV shows player. I have tried quite a few other players they will not play just a blank screen no error message. Just blank screen. Can anyone tell me what I'm...
  10. Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?

in Windows 10 Support
    Why does some .mp3 files doesn't have ThumbNails on them in Explorer?: Ok, let me make it clear first that the files i'm telling/showing you have Album Arts images within them i have checked with several "iD3 Tag editor" programs and they show the album arts within them and i even have put some of my own within them but still Windows File...