Windows 10: mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

Discus and support mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; hi I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Milad88tiger, May 23, 2020.

1. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

hi

I deleted these folders with Third party program " FolderSizes 9 " and administrator access

C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneVideo_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore

C:\Users\Monarch\AppData\Local\Packages\Microsoft.ZuneMusic_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalState\ImageStore

I used all the methods mentioned on this page, but it didn't work

https://windowsreport.com/thumbnail-previews-not-showing/

There is currently no preview of video and audio files in these two applications movies and tv , groove music and windows explorer

But the thumbnails of the jpeg, pdf,............ ...... can be seen in windows explorer

please help me to fix it

thank you

:)

Milad88tiger, May 23, 2020
  2. bel-p Win User

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer.

I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons.

Some MP4 files clearly show that they're a film as they display the movie style thumbnail, but others just display a plain thumbnail so don't look any different from JPG files.

I've now realised that films that I've taken horizontally with my phone show as movie style thumbnails, but films taken vertically with my phone show as ordinary thumbnails. Here's a screenshot of what I mean.

Can anyone help please?

Thanks.

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... 22af6731-511b-4796-919c-ce22254bafbe?upload=true.png

bel-p, May 23, 2020
  3. Jeddie Win User
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

Thanks to Ivan & Jimbo45 for some suggestions to use another media player.

Anybody else care to offer a suggestion on why Movies and TV app is not working for MP4?
    Should I try to uninstall and then re install?

Jeddie, May 23, 2020
  4. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

Movies & TV on Windows 10 Education does not show "Explore" and "Purchased" tab.

Hi Pandehlove,

Thank you for posting your question in the Microsoft Community Forums.

I can understand the situation must be difficult for you when the app doesn't work as it should.

Please answer these questions to get clarity on this issue:

1. What is the Windows build on the PC?
    2. Were there any changes on your system prior to which you were able to view the 'Explore' and 'Purchased' options?

I would like to let you know that this option is region specific. Check if the region, date and time has been set correctly on the PC.

Suggest you to follow the steps from this article to see if that helps.

Help with Movies & TV app problems on Windows 10:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/3078121/help-with-movies-tv-app-problems-on-windows-10

If further assistance is required, please get back with the results of the troubleshooting steps performed.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

Srimadhwa B

Microsoft Community-Moderator

Srimadhwa_B, May 23, 2020
Thema:

mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and...

1. mp4 and mp3 thumbnails doesn't show in windows explorer and microsoft movies and tv and... - Similar Threads - mp4 mp3 thumbnails

2. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  3. Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't trim mp4 files in "Movies & TV": I was trying to trim a video I took from Xbox Game Bar. I can access the video and watch it, but I'm unable to trim the video with the default application that is provided Trim in Photos. When I attempt to trim, it has a message in a yellow box that states "Unable to save...
  4. [SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

[SOLVED] Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  5. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and no data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  6. Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF

Windows 10 Explorer - No thumbnails and data like 'lenght' for MP3 / MP4 / PDF: Hi, This morning I had a popup that Microsoft needed to install some updates, I agreed and rebooted my system, but now I don't have any thumbnails anymore for MP3 / MP4 / PDF files. I'll focus on the MP3 extension here, normally the file itself has the cover art shown as a...
  7. MP4 to MP3

in Windows 10 Customization
    MP4 to MP3: I need to change an MP4 to MP3 on Windows 10. Any assistance is appreciated. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-to-mp3/2990569e-5c77-4486-a3a6-9c118609f2d8
  8. MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer

MP4 files not showing movie icon in Explorer: Some of my MP4 files are not showing the correct movie-type of icon in Windows Explorer. This is when viewing the folder using icons of any size. If I switch to Details view then it shows correctly as a movie file. NB I think this seems to only happen with VERTICAL MP4...
  9. Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files

Explorer Thumbnails not displaying movie icon for MP4 files: I'm using Windows 10 and have noticed for a while that a lot of my MP4 files do not display show that a file is an MP4 file in Explorer. I view the files using Thumbnails, not icons, and usually view as Large Icons or Extra Large icons. Some MP4 files clearly show that...
  10. Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Movies and TV app - MP4 file problem: Hello all, Running Ver 1607; As a result of a seperate issue, I recently changed to 'Movies & TV' app as my default in lieu of Windows Media Player. When I play MP4 movies on my PC, the video is jerky and the audio is out of synch? Basically they are not watchable. AVI...