Windows 10: MP4 audio partly missing

Discus and support MP4 audio partly missing in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I recorded an mp4 video using the Xbox game bar. I set my mic to record also. After the recording, it turned out my voice could not be heard on... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by OisinSlattery, Jan 21, 2021.

1. MP4 audio partly missing

Hi,

I recorded an mp4 video using the Xbox game bar. I set my mic to record also. After the recording, it turned out my voice could not be heard on the video. I attempted to record another video with the exact same settings. This time, my voice was recorded.

I opened the video in question using VLC media player. The media information tool said that for every two blocks of audio decoded, only one buffer was played. I’m not up to speed on how mp4 files are decoded and played, but could this suggest that the missing audio data is there but is simply not being played?

If so, how would I go about fixing the file so that it could be played. I would really appreciate any help or guidance on this issue.

Thank you,

Oisín

:)

OisinSlattery, Jan 21, 2021

2. No Audio For MP4 Video Files

Hi Bryan,

This error may occur if the MP4 file is corrupted. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Is there an error message displayed about audio when opening or playing MP4 video files?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, Jan 21, 2021
  3. A New Mp4 Player.

I'm gonna buy a new Mp4 player. Suggest me some good ones, I personally like the Sony NWZ-F and Cowon iAudio 10.

If there are any good or better please suggest!

Thanks.
    *Cool MP4 audio partly missing :cool:

Pritish.Prayag, Jan 21, 2021
  4. mccbleue Win User

MP4 audio partly missing

mp4 audio not playing n8

The N8 supports thr following types of MP4 file:

• H.264/AVC - H.264 Baseline, Main & High profiles 3.1 30fps 14Mbps.
    • MPEG-4 - Advanced simple profile level 6 30fps 12Mbps. Audio: stereo 48kHz 128kbps.

It is not possible to add support for other types, the only option is to convert to one of the above formats.

mccbleue, Jan 21, 2021
Thema:

MP4 audio partly missing

1. MP4 audio partly missing - Similar Threads - MP4 audio partly

2. Large part of desktop wallpaper missing

in Windows 10 Customization
    Large part of desktop wallpaper missing: Everyyime I turn on my pc a large part of my wallpaper at top went missing. The only way to fix it is to apply the wallpaper again. How to fix this? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/large-part-of-desktop-wallpaper-missing/04ba6e05-7c31-44e9-b562-787d2bcba6c5
  3. Part of installer key missing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Part of installer key missing: I bought a copy of win 11 pro from a local retailer. When it came time to install win 11 I opened the package containing the installer cdrom and there was a scratch panel with the key hidden underneath. I scratched gently with a coin but the first three letters of the third...
  4. Part of installer key missing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Part of installer key missing: I bought a copy of win 11 pro from a local retailer. When it came time to install win 11 I opened the package containing the installer cdrom and there was a scratch panel with the key hidden underneath. I scratched gently with a coin but the first three letters of the third...
  5. Right-click menu missing a part

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Right-click menu missing a part: It's missing a part which is transparent. My version is 22000.438. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/right-click-menu-missing-a-part/8fcb9457-a353-4df7-99f5-dad9d9242ba6
  6. Audio equalizer - Is it part of a driver.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio equalizer - Is it part of a driver.: I have an HP laptop running Win 10. On occasion the sound being piped into my speakers is very base loaded. With an equalizer I could cut down on the base and/or increase the treble. I have updated all the drivers for my Realtek High Def audio device. Is a full equalizer...
  7. Missing .mp4 files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing .mp4 files: I had a few .mp4 files and I was about to put them on a USB stick and when I went to do that they weren't in the folder I put them in but they were in my recent files section of file explorer. When I pressed it, it opened in films and tv but it said 'item missing or we can't...
  8. Audio converter? Mp4 to wav

Audio converter? Mp4 to wav: I'm looking for a way to convert an mp4 audio file to wav. Free would be preferable. I tried free:ac but it stops a third of the way in. It's a huge file, about 10.5 hours long.
  9. Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e

Playing MP4 but Missing Codec 0x8007000e: Morning all This has been an intermittent issue on this installation. [img] It plays fine one minute but next time i'd get this. Also apps that need video or 3d display report that direct x is missing, whereas it wasn't at the beginning of the session. dxdiag reports no...
  10. missing part of Virtual Memory window

in Windows 10 Support
    missing part of Virtual Memory window: I don't know if you realized this, but in Windows 10 10586 the Virtual Memory window is missing some part of it, check it out: [img] I want to turn this feature off but I can't because the button to set between the different options is not visible. This visual bug...