Windows 10: MP4 file is at low opacity and when i try to play it it just doesn't work.

Discus and support MP4 file is at low opacity and when i try to play it it just doesn't work. in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a very important MP4 file on my computer and just recently I went to open it and its opacity had gone down to around like 50 or something, I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by tripps_., Nov 16, 2020.

1. tripps_. Win User

MP4 file is at low opacity and when i try to play it it just doesn't work.

I have a very important MP4 file on my computer and just recently I went to open it and its opacity had gone down to around like 50 or something, I didn't think much of it but when I went to open it, it would not play. Does anyone know what this means and if there is any way for me to fix it?

:)

tripps_., Nov 16, 2020
  2. BetoLP Win User

Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

MP4 file is at low opacity and when i try to play it it just doesn't work. [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, Nov 16, 2020
  3. MP4 File will not play

Based on the information you have provided, considering that you are encountering the same issue when playing the MP4 file on different applications, then it's possible that the issue is with the file itself. This could be caused by an interruption or an
    issue while the MP4 is being copied. I suggest that you create a new copy of the file and check if the issue persists.

Let us know how it goes and we'll assist you further if needed.

Monica Cam, Nov 16, 2020
  4. Joergi Win User

Play MP4 in Media PLayer

I am using mp4 files myself. Rather heavily. The files I have use the native h264 codecs for video and also something pretty standard for audio and they work. MP4 is a container format and I vaguely remember I once had a file, that did not play.

I am not a real expert here, but you can try this:

Download the static Windows version of ffmpeg and check your mp4 file with ffprobe.exe. It will output a bunch of information about that file, including the codecs used inside it. Knowing these codecs is a first step on the way to a solution.

Joergi, Nov 16, 2020
Thema:

1. MP4 file is at low opacity and when i try to play it it just doesn't work. - Similar Threads - MP4 file low

2. I can't play mp4 files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't play mp4 files: I have Windows 11 Pro, not N. It seems that my Windows Player doesn't display some mp4 files. When I checked what version I have, it says Windows Media Player 11 Legacy. I'd followed some links that told me to remove it and after that I'll have the option to install the new...
  3. I can't play mp4 files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't play mp4 files: I have Windows 11 Pro, not N. It seems that my Windows Player doesn't display some mp4 files. When I checked what version I have, it says Windows Media Player 11 Legacy. I'd followed some links that told me to remove it and after that I'll have the option to install the new...
  4. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  5. Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play

Copied/Moved MP4 files to a Directory doesn't Play: I have some downloaded videos available on my desktop. I am using Windows 11 with latest updates and all drivers fully updated. When I move those videos MP4 format to any directory, they work in some directories while doesn't work in some. I tried adding those files to a ZIP...
  6. Why do I see a low opacity taskbar when I try to view things in full screen?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why do I see a low opacity taskbar when I try to view things in full screen?: When I watch some videos while in full screen, there is a somewhat translucent taskbar appearing. When I move the taskbar to the left or right, it can still be seen in the bottom....
  7. Why do I see a low opacity taskbar when I try to view things in full screen?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Why do I see a low opacity taskbar when I try to view things in full screen?: When I watch some videos while in full screen, there is a somewhat translucent taskbar appearing. When I move the taskbar to the left or right, it can still be seen in the bottom....
  8. Playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Playing MP4 files: Win10 v.2012 Build 19042.685 My wife sent me one she'd revived to play on my desktop, as sound on her tablet was weak. As Windows 10 hasn't a suitable player. I installed vlc-3.0.11. The file still won't play. Will anyone, please, advise me why this is happening? 170888
  9. Screen flickers when playing MP4 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Screen flickers when playing MP4 files: This has been a problem with windows for 5 years or more. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screen-flickers-when-playing-mp4-files/95d3ccda-f9a9-430a-9b04-4dada6cc48a7
  10. MP4 files will not play

MP4 files will not play: Suddenly mp4 files that have been forward to me will not play in VLC. When I click on the file I end up with this message: C:\Users\Owner\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Windows\INetCache\IE\SB53GZ50\ plus statement Invalid Value for Registery. I am not positive but it seems to have...