Windows 10: .mp4 files in window media player

Discus and support .mp4 files in window media player in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; why .mp4 fies are not play in window media player in windows 10 1903?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by SHRIKANT_KANADE, Jul 6, 2019.

1. .mp4 files in window media player

why .mp4 fies are not play in window media player in windows 10 1903?

:)

SHRIKANT_KANADE, Jul 6, 2019

2. Converting iTunes to Windows Media Player

My wife has an MP4 player and it doesn't support iTunes music formats. Is there any free software that converts these file types to wma or other supported windows media player formats?

demonbrawn, Jul 6, 2019
  3. BulldogXX Win User
    Windows media player will not play mp4!

Who spends $5,000 on a computer to play .mp4s?

In any case, I have lots of .mp4s and they play well on Windows Media Player. If you've got an .mp4 that won't play, here are two suggestions:

1- download another copy of the file; and

2- ask the content provider for help.

BulldogXX, Jul 6, 2019
  4. .mp4 files in window media player

Media Player Classic crashes opening mp4 filer (Windows 10 Pro)

I experienced the same problem with Windows Media Player on Win8x64 SP1 so maybe it is related. But after I uninstalled a recent platform update it started working again. The mp4 files used to work on VLC fine, but in MPC they used to crash.

lorraine walsh, Jul 6, 2019
Thema:

.mp4 files in window media player

1. .mp4 files in window media player - Similar Threads - mp4 files window

2. Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows...: Windows media Player can't play MP4 files. HEVC Video Extensions not supported by Windows 11. What to do? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-media-player-cant-play-mp4-files-hevc/489ead5d-7b82-4ecf-ba57-032a4ae53490
  3. Windows Media Player plays the audio, but shows no video, on .mp4 file

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Media Player plays the audio, but shows no video, on .mp4 file: I'm posting this because I found what an easy solution for this issue. This problem only pops up occasionally, and I do not know why Media Player doesn't recognize the video on these .mp4, but when I opened these files with the Avidemux video editor which is free to download...
  4. Windows Media Player plays the audio, but shows no video, on .mp4 file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Media Player plays the audio, but shows no video, on .mp4 file: I'm posting this because I found what an easy solution for this issue. This problem only pops up occasionally, and I do not know why Media Player doesn't recognize the video on these .mp4, but when I opened these files with the Avidemux video editor which is free to download...
  5. Windows Media Player plays the audio, but shows no video, on .mp4 file

in Windows 10 Customization
  6. mp4 player

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    mp4 player: my windows 10 no longer sees my MP4 player, and I don't find out why, can anyone help? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-player/591d7c81-b71d-44fb-a8d1-81b6676e0255
  7. Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Media Player will not play .MP4 files: Hello all. Windows Media Player, Version 12.0.17134.471, will not play .MP4 files. I receive the following message: "Can't play. This file isn't playable. That might be because the file type is unsupported, the file extension is incorrect, or the file is corrupt....
  8. Windows media player will not play mp4!

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows media player will not play mp4!: Why is MS being such an ASS and not providing the codec to play the files. Just spent $5000 on a worthless computer because of you! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/windows-media-player-will-not-play-mp4/17c48516-49cb-4b46-9e4f-eb738c1da3b1
  9. Windows Media Player no longer plays .mp4 or .wmv files after upgrade

Windows Media Player no longer plays .mp4 or .wmv files after upgrade: After upgrading to Windows 10, Windows Media Player no longer will play .mp4 or .wmv videos. They played fine in Windows 7, but now, when I try to play a video in WMP, I get an error message saying that WMP is unable to play the file. I am using the latest Shark007 codecs...
  10. Play MP4 in Media PLayer

Play MP4 in Media PLayer: Since Win 10 update I can longer play MP4 videos I used to be able to play in Win 7, using Windows Media Player. Why has this function stopped? I thought win 10 was an "improvement". This is the error message - Windows Media Player cannot play the file. The Player might...