Windows 10: MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

Discus and support MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ?? in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi folks I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by jimbo45, Oct 1, 2018.

1. jimbo45 Win User

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ??

Hi folks

I've a number of videos that I want to convert to H.265 HEVC - the converter I've got is far too slow for this to be even remotely feasible -- Source videos are H.264 MKV. Converter using is Wondershare Video converter which does the job for converting things like mts to mkv / mp4 quick enough without loss but I would like to have videos in H.265 HEVC format.

I've got a decent fast (QUAD CPU) machine and ssd's for the data storage but the converter is still saying it will take around 6 hrs !!! to convert an approx. 3 hr video - source size around 5GB destination size about 2.5GB and maintains full HD (1080p). 1920 X 1080 is 1080p.

MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ?? [​IMG]

IMHO it shouldn't take anything like that long

I've looked possibly at Handbrake but it seems you need a Ph.D in wizardry etc to be able to set that out to get the best possible output resolution.

Anything else out there ?? I want to keep the videos in 1080p HD.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2018
  2. jimbo45 Win User

Handbrake users -- best settings to convert H264 to H265

Hi there

Converting 1080p MKV files encoded in H264 to H265

What's the best setting to use keeping original quality as much as possible -- a 2hr film currently with my H264 encode is around 4GB for MKV file.

The source is full HD 1080p captured from SKY Q minibox. Quality on playback is excellent but I want to store a lot of these on an external HDD so want to compress the size down a bit.

(note you need to use an HDMI splitter to get stuff off the SKY Q minibox otherwise the capture device won't see anything (DRM).

The capture device doesn't unfortunately capture in H265 which is why I need the conversion step.

I would like to get about 50% of that size with H265 - but not sure of the settings in Handbrake I should use.

Any video editors here --help please !!!!!

I'm not bothered if the final container is MKV or MP4 so long as it's encoded H265 and quality is very similar (preferably identical) to original file.

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Oct 1, 2018
  3. Melvis Win User
    mp4 H264 or mkv H264?

Hi guys, Ive been doing some DVD ripping and i have started to convert all these shows/files into mp4 H264 but the program also gives me the option of mkv H264. Now my question is what one is better? for quality etc? So far the mp4 H264 is doing a pretty good job, but wanted to know if the mkv H264 is any better? and why?

Also i have been testing this program out using my X6, my i7 and my FX to see how each CPU performs while converting these shows, if you like more info on how they compare let me know *Wink MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ?? ;)

*Toast :toast:

Melvis, Oct 1, 2018
  4. DaveM121 Win User

How can I get HEVC to play on Windows 10

Hi GoPro, with 5KPlayer you will be able to view the H265 video only . . .

There is software available on the web that allows you to transcode H265 back to H264 (p4, avi . .etc.), just google 'Convert H265 to mp4' or 'Convert HEVC to mp4'

In fact I thiink that codec has been recently added to the excellent and free FormtFactory V4.2 . . .

http://www.pcfreetime.com/formatfactory/index.p...

DaveM121, Oct 1, 2018
Thema:

1. MP4/MKV H264 Video to HEVC H265 fast converter ?? - Similar Threads - MP4 MKV H264

2. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  3. microsoft converter HEVC to H265.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    microsoft converter HEVC to H265.: Hi, I am very new to torrenting so forgive my ignorance. I search for a particular title but often only HEVC format is available. I have downloaded the movies with Qbittorrent and VLC. I load the movies onto my USB and connect it to my tv. Up comes a message that HEVC format...
  4. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  5. Convert MOD video files to MP4

Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  6. Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Thumbnail issue (mp4/mkv): Greetings, Since the new update of this week I am experiencing some issues regarding thumbnails of mp4 and mkv files. When I download or create new files the thumbnail of the new file will not work and show as the default pictogram instead (even if the thumbnail is custom...
  7. Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder)

Video (MP4/MKV) Handbrake alternative (Vidcoder): Hi there anybody tried this for getting smaller mkv/mp4 files also with HEVC 265 VidCoder 4.31 / 5.3 Beta Free Download - VideoHelp Free and has the Handbrake engine but without the complexity of its GUI Anybody tried it yet. Cheers jimbo 126019
  8. Handbrake users -- best settings to convert H264 to H265

Handbrake users -- best settings to convert H264 to H265: Hi there Converting 1080p MKV files encoded in H264 to H265 What's the best setting to use keeping original quality as much as possible -- a 2hr film currently with my H264 encode is around 4GB for MKV file. The source is full HD 1080p captured from SKY Q minibox....
  9. PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p

PLEX - stop transcoding for 6CH HEVC H265 video 1080p: Hi there Using Plex for 1080p with 6Ch and codec HEVC H265 transcoding always seems to take place and video pauses frequently even on megafast Network connection. If I drop the audio to 2CH then it works fine seems PLEX has problem with the AUDIO rather than the video...
  10. Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality

Handbrake - convert AVI and MP4 to MKV with subtitles at best quality: Hi there Any Video experts out there I've some AVI and MP4 files with external .SRT subtitles that I'd like to convert to MKV with embedded subtitles (not forced). That way I can forget about the .srt files that don't always play properly on MEZZMO / SERVIIO or PLEX...