Windows 10: MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

Discus and support MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I just recently did a clean install of Windows 10 after using Windows 7 for many years. I moved my files over to a secondary hard drive and once I was... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ChicagOmar, May 21, 2019.

1. MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

I just recently did a clean install of Windows 10 after using Windows 7 for many years. I moved my files over to a secondary hard drive and once I was done with the installation I moved them back to their appropriate folders (Documents, Pictures, etc). I'm having trouble playing some video files. My files go back 16 years so obviously I have all kinds of formats (avi, mp2, mov, mp4, etc). I cannot play any mp4 h.264 files that were uploaded from my ZTE Axon 7 prior to the Windows 10 installation. These files were fine before. They appear to be corrupt as they won't play with Windows Media Player, VLC Player, 5k Player, Real Player, or Divx Player. Divx converter doesn't recognize the format. I also tried uploading one of these videos to YouTube but again the file was not recognized. How is it possible that only files from taken with this phone were corrupted? What is even weirder is that if I record a new video today and upload it to my pc, it works? Only the older files taken from this phone will not play. I'm completely dumbfounded. As a last resort I installed the K Lite codec pack but that didn't change anything. By the way, what I mean by "will not play" is that I get a black screen and no sound but the video timeline advances. I hope someone can help me. I don't want to lose my children's videos.

:)

ChicagOmar, May 21, 2019

2. MP4 Repair

I gave that program a try last night and it said my corrupted file wasn't the right format..... Although all gopro files are mp4 and the videos before and after were just fine haha. Thanks for the suggestion though. I'll try it again using a bunch of different reference videos and see if that fixes it.

jasper1605, May 21, 2019
  3. No Audio For MP4 Video Files

Hi Bryan,

This error may occur if the MP4 file is corrupted. For us to better assist you, we would like to ask the following:

• Is there an error message displayed about audio when opening or playing MP4 video files?
    • Have you made any recent changes on your computer prior to the issue?

We're looking forward to your reply.

Gerard Qui, May 21, 2019
  4. MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

MP4 Personal Video files lag after August 2016 update (windows 10)

Hi Nicki,

Do not worry we will help you with this issue.

Try few of the troubleshooting steps below and check if it helps.

Step 1: I suggest you to run Video playback troubleshooter and check

• Press Windows key from the keyboard, type
      Troubleshooting and select it.
    • Click on view all option on the upper left corner of
      Troubleshooting window.
    • Select the Video playback options from the list.
    • Click Next to run the troubleshooter.

Step 2: I suggest you to copy the files from your computer to another working computer and check if you are able to access them.

This will let us know if the issue is with specific files types on your computer.

Hope it helps. Update of the status of accessing MP4 Personal Video files for further assistance.

Thank you.

Deepika Gowda, May 21, 2019
Thema:

MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation

1. MP4 Video files corrupted after Windows 10 Installation - Similar Threads - MP4 Video files

2. Convert MOD video files to MP4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Convert MOD video files to MP4: I have windows 10 and my MOD video files will not play. It seems I need a converter to convert MOD video files to MP4’s.Can anyone recommend a converter? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/convert-mod-video-files-to-mp4/58b1bb4b-e2f1-4932-841e-f650ab159fa9
  3. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  4. Mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mp4 videos: Hi could someone please help me to get my mp4 videos to play in windows 11, I have tried the fix for media player compression thing, but the instructions are for windows 10and I do not get the same options, so cant do it. Does anyone know the steps for windows 11. All i get...
  5. Corrupted mp4 file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Corrupted mp4 file: Hi. I was recording screen with Xbox Game Bar or something like that, I used WIN+G shortcut and after about 20min my computer got BSOD with code "THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVERS" and when computer turned on, I found out that the mp4 file is corrupted, I mean I can't open it...
  6. VLC --really good tool for repairing corrupt video files (mp4 etc)

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    VLC --really good tool for repairing corrupt video files (mp4 etc): Hi folks Never realized it but VLC is actually a good video file "repairer" (and it's 100% free) easy way --from menu choose media-->convert/save add your file then save unless file is totally unsalvageable it should do the trick for you. Also good for converting to...
  7. Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working

Thumbnails for Video Files such as mp4 Are Not Working: Within the last couple of days, thumbnails for video files particularly mp4 seem to have stopped appearing. New files would not get thumbnails, while thumbnails for older files remained. Even more odd, these new mp4 files would receive thumbnails while being uploaded to...
  8. Windows 10 Video (MP3/MP4) file not found

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 Video (MP3/MP4) file not found: I've run into this problem a couple of days ago, but now my computer wouldn't support any video files playing on my apps. I checked all of my videos to make sure they are fully downloaded, and there are several videos that I have played on my computer before. However, all...
  9. MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10

MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10: I have a lot of MP4 video files that I recorded on my iphone and have since uploaded to my computer either through my phone or through dropbox. However I can't get them to play, which means I can't use them in my video editor. After researching I've found that Windows 10...
  10. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. video files corrupted after moving Windows 10

2. cannot replace video file in windows 10