Windows 10: MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10

Discus and support MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a lot of MP4 video files that I recorded on my iphone and have since uploaded to my computer either through my phone or through dropbox.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by AmyMoss1, Dec 15, 2018.

1. AmyMoss1 Win User

MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10

I have a lot of MP4 video files that I recorded on my iphone and have since uploaded to my computer either through my phone or through dropbox.

However I can't get them to play, which means I can't use them in my video editor.

After researching I've found that Windows 10 does not support MP4 video files, and so I've tried desperately converting it into every type possible, asf, wmv included. I've used free converters and I've paid for converters but to no avail.

I desperately need these videos, is there anything else I can do? or a converter that you know works?

Thanks in advance for any help

:)

AmyMoss1, Dec 15, 2018
  2. ahlun82 Win User

Mp4 video unable to play

Hi, everyone.
    I got a video mp4 unable to play or cannot render this file when i am play with windows media player.
    I have tried to repair the video with Stella Phoenix video repair. But its same.

MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10 [​IMG]

This video still have the file size, but it just unable to play.

Thanks and regards
    Clarence Lim

ahlun82, Dec 15, 2018
  3. gasolin Win User
    Convert vob files into mp4 (chromecast)

I have draged the files from videos (dvd's) on to my pc, now i need to convert them from vob into mp4 video so i can watch it using my chromecast (have bought my first media server).

My problem is i want it converted into one video i can click on and press play, because it's chromecast it has to be mp4 but most programs i have tried like handbreak makes the video smaller or bigger then the original size on the dvd or just converts the 10-15 vob files into 10-15 mp4 files, not one file i can click on and play. I want it losless not compromised

After that i can start ripping dvd's in mp4 instead of just draggin the files into a folder and right click on the folder and choose to play it with vlc.

What program can do that? I want a free program but if i have to i will pay for it if it's a good program that's better then all the free program, as long as it works, convert the video into one video file in mp4

gasolin, Dec 15, 2018
  4. fredvs Win User

MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

fredvs, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

1. MP4 video files won't play- Windows 10 - Similar Threads - MP4 video files

2. COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!: I have copied several hundred .mp4 movie files from my WD 5TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive over to a newly acquired 16TB portable SSD drive. A small quantity of the copied files plays fine on the SSD, but the majority of the files don't! The properties of the...
  3. COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    COPIED .MP4 FILES WON'T PLAY!: I have copied several hundred .mp4 movie files from my WD 5TB My Passport Portable External Hard Drive over to a newly acquired 16TB portable SSD drive. A small quantity of the copied files plays fine on the SSD, but the majority of the files don't! The properties of the...
  4. MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11: The audio plays, but the picture does not. When I open an MP4 video, it prompts me to buy an HEVC video extension from the Microsoft Store to be able to play the video with the picture. Please help me with this, thank you....
  5. MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11

MP4 Videos Won't Play On Windows 11: The audio plays, but the picture does not. When I open an MP4 video, it prompts me to buy an HEVC video extension from the Microsoft Store to be able to play the video with the picture. Please help me with this, thank you....
  6. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  7. MP4 files won't play

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MP4 files won't play: So I download a lot of meme videos and for some reason after I watch a few downloaded they just stop playing and is stuck on the black screen of Movies and tv which is where I watch them the only fix I know of is by restarting my computer but I don't want to have to do that...
  8. MP4 files won't play

9. Windows 10 won't play the audio of my mp4 videos

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 won't play the audio of my mp4 videos: Hello guys! I have installed all possible codecs but still can't get this fixed: Windows 10 simply won't play the audio in any of my mp4 files. The Films and TV app will open the image just fine, but with an X over the sound icon. Media Player on the other hand will crash...
  10. MP4 video not playing in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MP4 video not playing in Windows 10: MP4 video not playing in Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mp4-video-not-playing-in-windows-10/0670a6ab-2af4-4ec5-a7bf-a34bc96d50ee

Users found this page by searching for:

1. win 10 wont play phones mp4 videoes

2. computer wont play audio from mp4 video

3. mp4 video wont play

4. mp4 wont play in surface 4,
  5. mp4 file wont play,
  6. 0xc00d5212 codec microsoft hitfilm express ,
  7. mlr mp4 video wont play,
  8. windows phone wont play mp4,
  9. mp4 movie wont play,
  10. play video with mp4,
  11. mp4 video files wont play windows 10,