Windows 10: MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice

Discus and support MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Last night I was watching a show, it was fine, sound was fine. Today I go play the same show to finish it, and I get the sound of the background just... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/3-10, Feb 5, 2020.

1. /u/3-10 Win User

MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice

Last night I was watching a show, it was fine, sound was fine. Today I go play the same show to finish it, and I get the sound of the background just fine, but I get no voice sound. I've tried checking in MPC the audio track and there is just one: English.

I am at a loss why this is. Sound card is Realtek. Windows 10 64-bit. MPC 1.7.13. Trying to play mp4 h264.

I've tried it on other video players and it's the same thing. I have also tried it with different shows and the same thing is happening. I am totally at a loss at why this is.

Youtube plays voice sound just fine.

Any help would be appreciated it.

submitted by /u/3-10
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/3-10, Feb 5, 2020

2. Windows 10 won't let me set MPC-HC (media player classic) as a default video player

MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice 59Ykh.png

When I click MPC-HC, Windows Explorers freezes for about 10 seconds, and then nothing happens and the icon still remains a "+". It works with any other video player like VLC, Photos, Movies & TV, etc. where it will show up the icon afterward.

I have not updated or changed the version of MPC-HC recently; it used to be my default video player. I think a Windows 10 update killed it. MPC-HC is version 1.7.13

CreativiTimothy, Feb 5, 2020
  3. tonygoffe Win User
    even tho I have installed mpc-hc, its not available as default choice ..why ?

What is happening, is that Win 10 is picking up not the executable desktop MPC -HC , but rather the "Uninstall" that comes with MPC-HC. ...so, what happens is that when I do as you recommend,, and click on the icon, in the SETTINGS list, I get an "uninstall
    MPC-HC" query, rather than Win10 opening the player screen ...Frustrated.

To me, the simplest thing for MS to have done is INCLUDE all the popular free-source vid players (eg. MPC-HC, VLC..) in its OEM "store".

Your response has been timely and though not solving the problem, has moved the solution process forward. Baby steps.

tonygoffe, Feb 5, 2020
  4. Vlaphor Win User

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains. Anyone else here heard of this issue?

Vlaphor, Feb 5, 2020
Thema:

1. MPC and other videos players, Sound no voice - Similar Threads - MPC videos players

2. Voices on Videos

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Voices on Videos: I have sound when it is tested, the ping or beep, but I don't have voices on videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voices-on-videos/9b7c9c45-f8b6-422e-bdd4-35f6de638e69
  3. Voices on Videos

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Voices on Videos: I have sound when it is tested, the ping or beep, but I don't have voices on videos. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/voices-on-videos/9b7c9c45-f8b6-422e-bdd4-35f6de638e69
  4. Voices on Videos

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Mpc-hc

Mpc-hc: Anyone been using MPC-HC ? > Releases . clsid2/mpc-hc . GitHub It has region free dvd playback feature and even play blu-ray movie. One of the best media player. 181328
  6. Resume video MPC-HC

Resume video MPC-HC: Hi, i know vlc player continues video playback from where i stopped it, can mpc-hc do the same? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/resume-video-mpc-hc/e9d4460c-6a6a-42c8-acd9-f75efe95c932
  7. Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound

Windows notification sound muffles other sounds e.g. video sound: After one of the last Windows update other sounds are muffled when notification pops up. Can I somehow turn off this feature? Of course one of the solutions is to turn off the notifications sound. But I'd prefer not to do that. Thanks....
  8. Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE: There seem to be two popular and regularly updated forks of Media Player Classic, the Black Edition (BE) and the Home Cinema (HC) editions. Are there any real differences between these two forks? Any advantages or disadvantages over the two editions? Thanks in advance! 153617
  9. Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos

Sound doesn't work for YouTube and other videos: Since the update a few months ago, my sound does not work for YouTube and some other videos. It works for anything on my computer. Settings all show not muted. Sound meter shows volume is turned up. Sound drivers have been updated. Troubleshooter not detecting problem....
  10. Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos

Both VLC and MPC crash when playing videos: After I upgraded to Win 10 from 7, I started getting this bizarre issue when video files would crash in both VLC and MPC, but not Windows Media Player. The larger the video, the more guaranteed the crash. I've reinstalled MPC, VLC, and Windows 10, but the issue still remains....