Windows 10: MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files

Discus and support MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I'm using MPC black edition x64 with external LAV filters set as priority. Some videos (some .mkv formats as far as I've seen) are displayed with big... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Omish, Jul 20, 2019.

1. Omish Win User

MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files

I'm using MPC black edition x64 with external LAV filters set as priority.
    Some videos (some .mkv formats as far as I've seen) are displayed with big pixels in a stair like shape. what is the problem?
    I never had this issue with MPC-HC.
    here's an image: MPC — imgbb.com

:)

Omish, Jul 20, 2019

2. Problem with mkv Files

Hi,

Experiencing issues in playing mkv files after an update may have something to do with the video card driver. If you have another mkv player app or program, we suggest that you try playing those files using another app or program to help us sort out this
    issue.

If in case the issue persists, we suggest running video troubleshooter. Just click
    Find and fix problems playing movies, television, or video on this
    link.

You may also try rolling back the video card driver. Follow these steps:

• Right-click the Windows key and select Device Manager.
    • Locate and right-click your display adapter, then select Properties.
    • Select the Driver tab and click the Roll Back Driver option.

Let us know how it goes so we can further assist you.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Jul 20, 2019
  3. Audio disappeared - got it back but now have odd mkv problem

Hi. While working at my Windows 10 PC yesterday, I realised there was no sound. My media players gave video only and Avidemux gave a warning “Trouble Initializing Audio Device”. All the obvious checks suggested that there was no problem, drivers were up to date etc.

I went to the sound icon in the system tray and clicked 'Troubleshoot sound problems' which told me it had fixed something but didn't say what. I now have my sound back but with some new issues:

• my WMP no longer plays mkv files
    • my mkv files no longer show a 'thumbnail', just the logo of whichever media player is set to play them.
    Can anyone suggest what on Earth happened yesterday? Many thanks.

UPDATE: I've found one or two mkv files that DO work with WMP and show thumbnails(!!). But the vast majority of my mkv's have the highlighted problem. All very odd...

dortmunder, Jul 20, 2019
  4. chuxnz Win User

MKV files

In 18334
    Can not delete file, move file or delete or move folders containing Mkv files
    Can not delete or rename in CMD or Poweshell
    Any suggestings pending MS fix

chuxnz, Jul 20, 2019
Thema:

1. MPC-BE Showing big Pixels on some .mkv files - Similar Threads - MPC Showing big

2. Mpc-hc

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mpc-hc: Anyone been using MPC-HC ? > Releases . clsid2/mpc-hc . GitHub It has region free dvd playback feature and even play blu-ray movie. One of the best media player. 181328
  3. suddenly got the error 0xc00d36cb on mpc with mkv files

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    suddenly got the error 0xc00d36cb on mpc with mkv files: Before the last update of MS W10, I could read mkv format on mpc player, and when I wanted to read today an mkv file, I got this error. Can some one help me, thanks in advance....
  4. supporting .mkv files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    supporting .mkv files: Hello, I am an aspiring youtuber that does not have software and uses Photos. recently i have been using OBS studio and saw that Photos does not support .mkv fileswhat obs saves recordings as. I am wondering if you guys could start supporting .mkv files! -thirtymoredays...
  5. Cannot delete an MKV file or the folder it's in.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cannot delete an MKV file or the folder it's in.: I somehow downloaded an MKV file that I don't want and if I try to delete it the file explorer program locks up and I get the blue spinner of death forever or until I use the task manager to kill file explorer. I have also tried to delete the folder that the MKV file is in,...
  6. Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE

Differences between MPC-HC and MPC-BE: There seem to be two popular and regularly updated forks of Media Player Classic, the Black Edition (BE) and the Home Cinema (HC) editions. Are there any real differences between these two forks? Any advantages or disadvantages over the two editions? Thanks in advance! 153617
  7. Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103

Unable to play some MKV files on Music and TV app, Error 0xc1010103: As per subject, I can only play some MKV files. Has anyone encountered the same issue? Couldn't search for some reason. I can play all files using VLC just fine. 140823
  8. mkv files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    mkv files: was backing up a bluray disc to mkv using handbrake. some files i could play and others I could not, why? Played back on windows media player. any help would be graciously appreciated...
  9. Drag and Drop music files onto MPC

Drag and Drop music files onto MPC: Hi, So I am used to the old feature of Windows XP/Windows 7 etc where you could just drag a music/video file onto the MPC (I use Media Player Classic but this was true for all other players for the most part on those systems) but when I try to drag a file to the player, it...
  10. some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes

in Windows 10 Support
    some specific large mkv files' transferring freezes: Hi. I am currently trying to transfer files to my new 4tb WD external HD. Ran into a problem where some specific large mkv files transferring freezed. don't know what causes it. I did try to copy and paste the same file on the original location, same thing happened, so I know...