Windows 10: MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option

Discus and support MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, On some windows 10 workstation in our organization, I am seeing the following log entry: "C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by chrisb1, Sep 7, 2020.

1. chrisb1 Win User

MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option

Hello,

On some windows 10 workstation in our organization, I am seeing the following log entry:

"C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows Defender\platform\4.18.2008.9-0\MpCmdRun.exe" GetDeviceTicket -AccessKey <RANDOM_HEX_STRING>

I've been trying to find documentation on the GetDeviceTicket option, but can't seem to find anything. It is not an option presented in the mpcmdrun.exe command line help file.

Is anyone able to provide any information on this option? I'd just like to understand what this is.

Thank you for any help you can provide.

Regards,

Chris

:)

chrisb1, Sep 7, 2020

2. MpCmdRun killing my internet connection after installing creators update

Hi Brian,

The MpCmdRun.exe is associated with the Windows Defender program and is located in
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. There are malicious programs that uses the same name so you won't suspect that it is malware. To check if this process is a malicious program, you can follow these steps:

• Right-click Start and select Task Manager.
    • Under the Process tab, locate the MpCmdRun.
    • Right-click MpCmdRun and select Open file location.

If the location is C:\Program Files\Windows Defender, then the system is safe and secure. If the location is elsewhere then we suggest that you run a virus and malware scan on your computer.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Sep 7, 2020
  3. dalchina Win User
    Windows 10 1709 System Restore problems...

That seems to be an attempt at Option 2 in the tutorial, which requires you to
    a. Boot to a command prompt (Did you?)
    b. You then seem to be mixing steps 3,4 and 5, thus your command is incorrect.

I suggest Option 1 is easier.

If you still have problems, please repost listing each specific step and saying which option from the tutorial you are using. Thanks.

dalchina, Sep 7, 2020
  4. MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option

USB drive will not run exes.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. I understand the inconvenience caused to you and will help you in solving the issue.

To assist you better, I would like to ask if you have installed any Antivirus in the Laptop.

I suggest you to run the program in compatibility mode by following the steps provided below and check if the issue persist.

• Right click on the “.exe” file of the program and select properties.
    • Under Compatibility tab, check the option for “Run in Compatibility mode”.
    • Select the Operating System from the drop down list.
    • Click on Apply and OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Sep 7, 2020
Thema:

MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option

1. MpCmdRun.exe Undocumented Option - Similar Threads - MpCmdRun exe Undocumented

2. MsiExec.exe -Embedding - Undocumented function

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MsiExec.exe -Embedding - Undocumented function: Good Morning! I was doing some troubleshooting and found MsiExec.exe using the "-Embedding" flag. Hitting "/?" in the command line yielded no valuable results. A quick internet search also failed me. What is the purpose of the "-Embedding" flag for MsiExec.exe? Example Use:...
  3. MsiExec.exe -Embedding - Undocumented function

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MsiExec.exe -Embedding - Undocumented function: Good Morning! I was doing some troubleshooting and found MsiExec.exe using the "-Embedding" flag. Hitting "/?" in the command line yielded no valuable results. A quick internet search also failed me. What is the purpose of the "-Embedding" flag for MsiExec.exe? Example Use:...
  4. MsiExec.exe -Embedding - Undocumented function

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Options for dealing with Problematic Files/EXEs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Options for dealing with Problematic Files/EXEs: I'm wondering what my options are for stopping an .exe file from running, without removing it. So far I've tried:1. Group Policy, but the pop-up is non-optional, and might be glitched for me the pop-up never goes away2. Windows Defender, I couldn't find any way to block files...
  6. Options for dealing with Problematic Files/EXEs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Options for dealing with Problematic Files/EXEs: I'm wondering what my options are for stopping an .exe file from running, without removing it. So far I've tried:1. Group Policy, but the pop-up is non-optional, and might be glitched for me the pop-up never goes away2. Windows Defender, I couldn't find any way to block files...
  7. Options for dealing with Problematic Files/EXEs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Undocumented update that I am unable to uninstall

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Undocumented update that I am unable to uninstall: Three days ago I allowed an update now, this morning, I was forced another update that I cannot uninstall even though I can uninstall the August 11th update This update brought along Windows Edge. I think its pretty obvious why this update did not ask for my permission and...
  9. MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........: Hi, [am using windows 8.1] my laptop used to be continuously unable to update Defender after using the system restore [used restore to an earlier time to be able to update defender,as this proiblem occurs regardless] and then updating Defender,if i try again on another day i...
  10. Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Missing "open with" options for EXEs only.: I can see it when I open text files and such but not when opening exes. This usually isn't a problem but for some reason I have one exe that is opening with adobe flash player... Edit: Ok it's not only with exes but it does work for some types but not others....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. www.windowsphoneinfo.com

2. MpCmdRun.exe GetDeviceTicket