Windows 10: MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

Discus and support MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey.......... in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, [am using windows 8.1] my laptop used to be continuously unable to update Defender after using the system restore [used restore to an earlier time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by windozeUser, Jun 8, 2020.

1. MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

Hi,
    [am using windows 8.1]
    my laptop used to be continuously unable to update Defender after using the system restore [used restore to an earlier time to be able to update defender,as this proiblem occurs regardless] and then updating Defender,if i try again on another day i would get a message that defender wasnt allowed to update the virus signatures, have forgotten the "reason" in the msg.
    Now, i am having a look at the "MpCmdRun" file that is in the windows/temp folder,as the laptop developed a problem at the same time as the windows defender problem above,where i am not able to delete certain files and folders in the windows/temp folder,such as the MpCmdRun files and the Crashpad folder with its files it contains,unless i take ownership of it [have to do this every time i want to delete these files].
    I suspected malware.

And NOW there are entries in the MpCmdRun file:
    "MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..............."

DO I HAVE SPYWARE ON MY LAPTOP?

HAVE MULTIPLE ENTRIES like the above as well as the below :
    MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun.exe" SignatureUpdate -ScheduleJob -RestrictPrivileges"

BUT now i am able to update defender,which i havent been able to do for a long time,unless i reformat the laptop or i use system restore ..........?!

Could anyone shed some light or have more info on this??

THANKS in advance

regards

:)

windozeUser, Jun 8, 2020

2. MpCmdRun killing my internet connection after installing creators update

Hi Brian,

The MpCmdRun.exe is associated with the Windows Defender program and is located in
    C:\Program Files\Windows Defender. There are malicious programs that uses the same name so you won't suspect that it is malware. To check if this process is a malicious program, you can follow these steps:

• Right-click Start and select Task Manager.
    • Under the Process tab, locate the MpCmdRun.
    • Right-click MpCmdRun and select Open file location.

If the location is C:\Program Files\Windows Defender, then the system is safe and secure. If the location is elsewhere then we suggest that you run a virus and malware scan on your computer.

Let us know if you have any other questions.

Kristoffer Abs, Jun 8, 2020
  3. Fedup10 Win User
    MpCmdRun runs permanently with massive log files

Fragmentation check shows I have huge log files (and log.bak) at
    C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp

They show a log entry at least twice per second EVERY second as follows
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    MpCmdRun: Command Line: "C:\Program Files\Windows Defender\mpcmdrun.exe" -wdenable
    Start Time: ‎Thu ‎Jan ‎21 ‎2016 10:00:59

WDEnable
    ERROR: WDEnable(TRUE) failed (8007139F)
    MpCmdRun: End Time: ‎Thu ‎Jan ‎21 ‎2016 10:00:59
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

What is what trying to do, and why doesn't it learn and stop?
    How can I get rid of the problem?
    Thanks

[ windows 10 Pro 1511 10586.63 ]

Fedup10, Jun 8, 2020
  4. Wouter Win User

MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

msmpeng.exe writing huge TMP* files to c:\windows\temp

We're having the following problem on one of our Windows 10 (version 1903) workstations.

At random intervals, about once every two days, msmpeng.exe starts writing files of up to 15GB to c:\windows\temp, with names like TMP0000002E27D3A3A88E075D32. It keeps adding more files until the drive is full and the system grinds to a halt. Resource monitor shows msmpeng.exe reading equally fast as it is writing.

I've tried to look into this in detail, and found something that might possibly be relevant. The same temp folder contained a small log file called MpCmdRun.log that got updated about 4 minutes before the TMP-issue started. Here's the tail:

With process explorer I saw that msmpeng.exe also had locks on these log files:

• c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
      Defender\Support\MPDetection-20190729-093413.log
    • c:\ProgramData\Microsoft\Windows
      Defender\Support\MPLog-20190705-153212.log

Yet they don't seem to contain any logging around the time of the issue.

Given the appearance of msmpeng.exe and mpcmdrun.exe this is clearly a Windows Defender related issue. I can find some similar symptoms on other forums, yet only related to Windows XP, 7, in very outdated posts.

Would anyone have a clue as to how to debug this?

Wouter, Jun 8, 2020
Thema:

MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey..........

1. MpCmdRun file "SpyNetService -RestrictPrivileges -AccessKey.......... - Similar Threads - MpCmdRun file SpyNetService

2. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  3. File explorer - selecting files = opening files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    File explorer - selecting files = opening files: HiI do wish you could look at the usability of various things, File Explorer being one of them. When in any of the various views, the rounded edge check boxes so bloomin' tiny!! You could use Magnifier - but it really doesn't help - if I've got two instances of Explorer...
  4. Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun: When running a full file scan using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun, which Platform package is used? Does it automatically select the latest version of the package?If I use the more complicated arrangement of\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform I'm...
  5. Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun: When running a full file scan using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun, which Platform package is used? Does it automatically select the latest version of the package?If I use the more complicated arrangement of\Program Data\Microsoft\Windows Defender\Platform I'm...
  6. Full scans using \Program Files\Windows Defender\MpCmdRun

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. Files not showing in file explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Files not showing in file explorer: I first noticed the problem while trying to transfer files from a new tablet onto my laptop via USB. I could see the folders and open the folders, but none of the files showed up. I couldn't find helpful info on how to solve that, so I saved the files to my Google Drive and...
  8. file exporer merge files

file exporer merge files: how do I merge a file with another that have the same name? Its a bbot file for a game system ive deleted the memory stick that was in it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-exporer-merge-files/ed3a51df-91b8-447b-a410-8da5fc21dcaf"
  9. .File files

.File files: Why am I getting *.file files? These appeared in my download folder recently. First time I saw this type of files was in Dropbox. [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/file-files/ebcc6725-f549-4106-b8e6-420b12a332fc"
  10. MpCmdRun runs permanently with massive log files

in Windows 10 Support
    MpCmdRun runs permanently with massive log files: Fragmentation check shows I have huge log files (and log.bak) at C:\Windows\ServiceProfiles\LocalService\AppData\Local\Temp They show a log entry at least twice per second EVERY second as follows...