Windows 10: MPEG Codec 2

Discus and support MPEG Codec 2 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am attempting to download this codec from the microsoft store but it gives me an error after it begins the download. There is plenty of space on the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by charcole74, Jul 27, 2020.

1. MPEG Codec 2

I am attempting to download this codec from the microsoft store but it gives me an error after it begins the download. There is plenty of space on the drive and it is the system drive. What else could be the issue?

:)

charcole74, Jul 27, 2020

2. WMP 11 MPEG-4 Codec???

I cannot get Windows Media Player 11 to play anything that's MPEG-4 (.MP4 in this case) encoded. Anyone know where to find a WMP 11 MPEG-4 codec? I've scoured MS' site and the only ones I can find there are for WMP 9 (not for WinXP).

Ideas? *Confused MPEG Codec 2 :confused:

error_f0rce, Jul 27, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Integrated sound is that sucky?

Step I:

MPEG Codec 2 bta124.jpg

Make sure that's the exact version (or higher) of MPEG Audio codec you have installed. If not, google "K-Lite CODEC pack", install it with the "MP3 Fraunhofer .acm" option enabled during install. Remove the older codec from the list of installed audio codecs. Set your new MPEG audio codec priority to 3 (keep 2 and one for ADPCM, etc., recommended). Use Windows Media Player 11. Get surprised at the improved MP3 output quality, especially with VBR files.

btarunr, Jul 27, 2020
  4. MPEG Codec 2

media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs

Dear Sir,

I have been searching a long time for a video player …

Let me explain briefly. I have a Sony Entertainment program on my pc called PlayMemories home. I store a lot of home photos and videos on this storage.
    Quite nice. I used to make annual dvd’s for my family. Not any more.

Last spring I purchased a WD Home Duo wi-fi unit (8 TB). The unit backs up all files. This will also enable me to have my relatives download the My Cloud app
    to their laptop device and then pick/open a date and a particular video file they want to see. Now here is the issue. My son has downloaded the My Cloud app
    nicely. It opens okay to the video files. You can literally see the files, but you are NOT able to open, play and view it. The codecs won’t allow the video and
    audio to play. It says the video and audio is not supported (with the proper codecs).

I need a player that will make that transition. The two types of video codecs I have are
    mpeg-2 and m2ts.

I guess the two questions I have are … is there a decent player? Most of the reviews of players from the Microsoft Store are all very poor Do you have a recommendation? Obviously I would prefer a free download.

Thank you for your time. I do hope you can help me with this issue. Looking forward to your reply.

Best. Al Nelson

AlNelson02, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

MPEG Codec 2

1. MPEG Codec 2 - Similar Threads - MPEG Codec

2. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  3. mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    mpeg-1 layer 2 not playing audio: Created an MP4 video file using the mpeg-1 layer 2 selection in Media Encoder but none of the windows players will play the audio, yet VLC does. Help?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mpeg-1-layer-2-not-playing-audio/20342a60-d0da-42ec-966f-265e677198c0
  4. What is the best way to burn a DVD in MPEG-2 format?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What is the best way to burn a DVD in MPEG-2 format?: I have tried on my Windows 11 Pro, 22H2 desktop computer to burn a DVD of the worship service from FACEBOOK but it ends up in MP4 format. The church member that would like to view the service is in unable to attend church. She has no computer to play the MP4 DVD. Only a DVD...
  5. What is the best way to burn a DVD in MPEG-2 format?

What is the best way to burn a DVD in MPEG-2 format?: I have tried on my Windows 11 Pro, 22H2 desktop computer to burn a DVD of the worship service from FACEBOOK but it ends up in MP4 format. The church member that would like to view the service is in unable to attend church. She has no computer to play the MP4 DVD. Only a DVD...
  6. Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails: I use Windows10 and looking in File Explorer I notice that all formats of files still have their own thumbnails except Mpeg 4 files. All the documents files, photo files and all video file eg WMV generate thumbnails, but my Real Player files display only an icon.I've tried...
  7. Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing Mpeg-4 thumbnails: I use Windows10 and looking in File Explorer I notice that all formats of files still have their own thumbnails except Mpeg 4 files. All the documents files, photo files and all video file eg WMV generate thumbnails, but my Real Player files display only an icon.I've tried...
  8. Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1

Should Windows 10 have a CODEC for H264 MPEG-4 AVC Part 10 AVC1: I found that some older MP4 videos 2017/2018 videos which were recorded with my android phone will not play in Media Player or in Movies & TV. The audio does play but I get no video. If I try to load the file in the Windows Video Editor App I get the error: "These files...
  9. MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    MPEG - 2 codec OFFLINE: Hello, How can I install the Microsoft MPEG-2 codec offline? Running Powershell Add-AppXPackage ... does not work with an air-gapped system. - And no, there is no way to get this system on a network, please don't provide networked option as a solution. Please provide...
  10. media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    media player that supports mpeg-2 and m2ts codecs: Dear Sir, I have been searching a long time for a video player … Let me explain briefly. I have a Sony Entertainment program on my pc called PlayMemories home. I store a lot of home photos and videos on this storage. Quite nice. I used to make annual dvd’s for my...