Windows 10: MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing

Discus and support MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have a Windows 10 machine. It was automatically updated by Microsoft. After the update, the printer is going to the wrong port (to file) in the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by T.S.BH, Sep 14, 2019.

1. T.S.BH Win User

MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing

I have a Windows 10 machine. It was automatically updated by Microsoft. After the update, the printer is going to the wrong port (to file) in the Control Panel. The port it should be going to is now missing. It was the port for a small private network shared printer. It was a customized port added by a paid computer repairman. Why is this port missing now? Is there a way to add the port back? Thank you!

:)

T.S.BH, Sep 14, 2019
  2. T.S.BH Win User

I have a Windows 10 machine. It was automatically updated by Microsoft. After the update, the printer is going to the wrong port (to file) in the Control Panel. The port it should be going to is now missing. It was the port for a small private network
    shared printer. It was a customized port added by a paid computer repairman. Why is this port missing now? Is there a way to add the port back? Thank you!

T.S.BH, Sep 25, 2019
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Sep 25, 2019
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Sep 25, 2019
Thema:

1. MS 10 Automatic Update and Printer Port is missing - Similar Threads - Automatic Update Printer

2. No USB Virtual Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB Virtual Printer Ports: When manually installing a printer, I cannot select a USB port because none exist. How do I get the virtual printer ports for USB001, USB002, USB003, etc. to appear in the list? I have read through many replies and I do NOT need to know how to manually add a printer....
  3. USB printer port not accessible

USB printer port not accessible: I recently bought a Canon Pixma MG2580S inkjet printer for home use with my Lenovo Ideapad 310-15IKB running Windows 10 Home 1809. I plugged the printer in and windows detected it as MG2500 Series, and also as MG2500 Series WS. Neither of these options was functional for...
  4. Server changes printer ports

Server changes printer ports: Hello, we have a client who has a server on which he has a cash register program. They have a remote location out of town from which they charge customers various items for contruction. From the program, they can print out A4 format receipt and POS receipts. The server...
  5. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...
  6. Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.

in Windows 10 Support
    Cannot rename Printer port in Printer properties.: My the IP port number for my default network printer was changed. I was able to enter "printer properties" and change to the new IP, and I can print. However, the "Port Name" in printer properties has remained the old IP number. Unlike in "Printer Name or IP Address" box, I...
  7. Missing printer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Missing printer: I have an Epsom XP-510 printer that has been perfectly ok until today.When I tried to print something I get the error message STATUS.ERROR.It seems to have lost the wi-fi connection,I have a fully wired connection and the other units connected all show and are working ok.I am...
  8. Printer Ports

Printer Ports: Samsung laser printer was working fine until today when a message flashed up along the lines of "printer port disabled/reconfigured. do you wish to use a valid port?" (may not be word for word). Clicked yes and tried again. Now, when I print, there is a pop-up box...
  9. Printer port confusion

Printer port confusion: Since upgrading to Win 10 from release date, my wifi printer (Epson XP-215) worked fine until a few weeks ago, when the printer showed 'offline' and the connection could not be restored. Thinking it was a printer problem, I called Epson support and they talked me through a...
  10. USB Printer Support and USB001 Virtual Port are missing - RESOLVED

USB Printer Support and USB001 Virtual Port are missing - RESOLVED: I tried the usual "fixes", such as uninstalling/reinstalling the USB controllers/device drivers. In desperation, I tried a repair install of W10 Pro. The printer in question is a brand new Ricoh SP-C250DN, which operated perfectly when I first plugged it in and selected...