Windows 10: MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues

Discus and support MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues in Microsoft Office and 365 to solve the problem; Running W10 Ver 20H2 & latest ver of MS 365. Both recently installed after a reinstall I have 2 small but irritating issues with Outlook now. 1) I... Discussion in 'Microsoft Office and 365' started by PhilMc, May 16, 2021.

1. PhilMc Win User

MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues

Running W10 Ver 20H2 & latest ver of MS 365. Both recently installed after a reinstall I have 2 small but irritating issues with Outlook now. 1) I cannot seem to get rid of the "always ask" tick box on the warning window when opening mail attachments, despite trying previous methods of opening Outlook as Administrator and then trying to open the attachment. The box continues to be greyed out. 2) If I try to Preview a Word file in reading pane it just says there is a problem as "no preview viewer is installed". If I try to preview an jpeg file I get nothing Preview works OK with pdf files and the preview option has a tick box for removing the always preview warning. Help much appreciated

:)

PhilMc, May 16, 2021

2. Share Photo with Outlook 365

I have Microsoft Office 365 subscription installed and syncs with the same account that the Photo App has and under Share I have no option to use the MS 365 Outlook client to share photo with. I have MAIL, ONENOTE, & ONEDRIVE.

In my opinion because MS office is installed, it should be listed to Share Outlook with. Anyway I can always right-click and Copy the photo and paste in Outlook as an attachment - seems antiquated though

Tigger Ireland, May 16, 2021
  3. Share Photo with Outlook 365

The Photo App has a Share button. The options in the list do not include MS Office 365 Outlook. It offers 'Mail' but I do not use that because I pay for an Office subscription. How do I select 365 Outlook other than copy and paste?

Tigger Ireland, May 16, 2021
  4. MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues

Disable new search bar in Outlook 365

OK. There is a way to disable this new search box in Microsoft Office 365. For Outlook:

1. Open Outlook 365.
    2. On the lower left-hand corner click options.
    3. In the User Interface options under the General Tab, click the checkbox Collapse the Microsoft Search box by default.
    4. Click OK.

The search box will now disappear. However, disabling this option would only work on that application. If you open Microsoft Word or PowerPoint, you will need to do these same steps to disable the search box (if present) as well. Let me know if this works for you.

Guardian Angel, May 16, 2021
Thema:

MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues

1. MS 365 Outlook Attachment Preview issues - Similar Threads - 365 Outlook Attachment

2. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  3. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Outlook 365: My newest computer has a Windows 11 OS. Most applications work properly, with the glaring exception being Outlook. Outlook no longer provides folder sets, such as Inbox, Drafts, Sent Items, Deleted Items, Archive, Junk Email, Outbox, RSS Feeds, and Search Folders for each...
  4. Outlook 365 display issues under win11

Outlook 365 display issues under win11: 11 Pro version 10.022000, build 2200GeForce GTX 1650 1920x 1080 multiple displays extended modeOffice 365 Bus, version 2109 build 14430.2036 current channelUpgraded win10 to win11 without issuesHowever Outlook 365 the display the best I can describe it is 'cartoonish' all OL...
  5. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Customization
    Outlook 365: Why does it not open consistently in my Laptop with Windows 10? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/54ca03e6-fbdc-41cb-864e-42bf199b5ac9
  6. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Outlook 365: I recently installed Bulldog vpn and ever since outlook 365 will not connect. Any suggestions to rectify the problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/fec9b5de-09f3-45b6-a512-2179d37d2d0e
  7. Outlook 365

Outlook 365: Is there a fix for 0x8000ccc0e ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/outlook-365/0f9983e9-c9d9-43de-985b-c325ab955e0f
  8. Outlook 365

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Outlook 365: I am having a problem with Outlook 365 email not allowing me to reset up my email address that I have been using for years. The email address is *** Email address is removed for privacy ***. I have tried several times to reset my email address but it will not let me...
  9. Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore

in Browsers and Email
    Cannot open or preview Outlook attachments anymore: Upgraded Win 7 Pro to Win 10 pro. Using Outlook 2013. Office attachments (word, excel etc...) can no longer be previewed or open directly from within the email. Now have to drag to desktop to open. Windows seems to report that the files are corrupt when attempting to open...
  10. Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Outlook 365 - Attachments not available when email opened: My wife's laptop on the same network as my PC and using the same version of Outlook 365 displays the paperclip indicating the message has an attached file. But when the message file is opened the attached file is no longer displayed (and available to be opened) above the...