Windows 10: MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

Discus and support MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Anthony1977, Jan 20, 2021.

1. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

I'm trying to figure out what combination to use for a Pause/Break key on an MS 5050 or sculpt keyboard, or how to program a macro. I have read several articles on here and they are very unclear. We use an old school mainframe program and I need this key to clear data on my screen quickly.

On my laptop, I have a Fn button on the keyboard, so I can use the Fn button + P to complete this. On the 5050 keyboard, i have a pause button but it does nothing, and none of the combinations listed in other articles seem to work. When programming a macro, I see no options for an Fn button.

Can someone please give me very specific instructions on how to set this up or what to do. I believe what I need is the break button, but cannot 100% confirm.

:)

Anthony1977, Jan 20, 2021

2. Assign Break or Pause key function

Hi mayurpatel111,

By default the Pause/Break you cannot change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys. For you to change the mapping of the Pause/Break keys, it's best that you contact the manufacturer of your keyboard for assistance some keyboard manufacturers allow changing
    the mapping of their keyboards or install a third party application.

If you have further queries, feel free to post in the Answers Community.

Gerald Vit, Jan 20, 2021
  3. Assign Break or Pause key function

Can we assign the keyboard key "Pause" or "Break"?

I wanted to make my laptop to go to sleep when i hit Pause or Break button on keyboard.

If yes, How?

mayurpatel111, Jan 20, 2021
  4. TazHD Win User

MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

On my old keyboard, I could press F5 in Notepad for a timestamp. However I am unable to get a timestamp when I press F5 in Notepad with my new keyboard. How can I get my new keyboard (MS Comfort Wireless 5050 Desktop) to give me a timestamp in Notepad?

TazHD, Jan 20, 2021
Thema:

MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key

1. MS 5050 Keyboard Pause/Break Key - Similar Threads - 5050 Keyboard Pause

2. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  3. none of my keys but pause break work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    none of my keys but pause break work: recently i wiped off my keyboard from some dust that accumulated for a while, but now none of my key's work except for pause break. any idea how to fix this?...
  4. wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works: I have wireless comfort keyboard 5050 for almost 3 years and i didn't use the keyboard for almost a year but i used the mouse without any problems "all that time i removed the battery from keyboard", Now i trying to use the keyboard again but it didn't responding.I used a...
  5. wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    wireless comfort keyboard 5050 keys are not works: I have wireless comfort keyboard 5050 for almost 3 years and i didn't use the keyboard for almost a year but i used the mouse without any problems "all that time i removed the battery from keyboard", Now i trying to use the keyboard again but it didn't responding.I used a...
  6. Brand new MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard malfunctioning- sticky keys

Brand new MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard malfunctioning- sticky keys: Hi All, Not sure if anyone has had the same issues with the MS wireless desktop 5050 keyboard? When i type as normal i very often get a "sticky keys" thing happen on random keys, ie: i type away "aaaaaaaaaaaaaand this happennnnnnnnnnnnnnns". Other times it seems to miss the...
  7. MS comfort keyboard 5050

MS comfort keyboard 5050: Hello, I have two of the MS comfort keyboards 5050. No doggles for either. Can I pair these to a laptop or computer? or are they dead in the water and only good for parts as I've read a few responses on other questions that the end result was they are not blue tooth but a 2.4...
  8. MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys

MS Wireless Keyboard 5050 - Shortcut keys: On my old keyboard, I could press F5 in Notepad for a timestamp. However I am unable to get a timestamp when I press F5 in Notepad with my new keyboard. How can I get my new keyboard MS Comfort Wireless 5050 Desktop to give me a timestamp in Notepad?...
  9. Favourite keys 5050 keyboard

in Windows 10 Customization
    Favourite keys 5050 keyboard: How do I go about assigning my favourite keys on Microsoft 5050 keyboard? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/favourite-keys-5050-keyboard/d4b7ac93-141e-4a48-b53d-2a6d90cfe385
  10. Keyboard 5050

Keyboard 5050: How do I see a "Caps Lock On" indicator on my surface screen or 5050 Keyboard. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/keyboard-5050/25b0693c-f6f4-46e0-beb4-a9f7486ccd1a