Windows 10: Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

Discus and support Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi All, I am new to Microsoft Store and want to get some answers to see if it can be used for my purpose. I have an application which I have... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by AnneslyRayan, Nov 5, 2018.

1. Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

Hi All,

I am new to Microsoft Store and want to get some answers to see if it can be used for my purpose.

I have an application which I have created used Ms Access, I have packaged it in MSI and EXE file formats with all the registry keys etc. I am also able to package it in an MSIX by converting the MSI. I usually sign the package with a digital signature that I have purchased from Comodo. Is this something I can put on the Microsoft Store, that is does Microsoft Store accept this type of packages?

The software uses the Microsoft Access Runtime 2013 package, if the user does not have a full version of Ms Access. I am also looking to package Ms Access in an MSIX file to put on the store for download should the user need it. Not sure if this conversion will work at this stage but just wanted to know if this type of file can also be included on the Microsoft Store?

Currently I have both these files in EXE format that I put on my own website, but every time the user tries to install it they get this warning asking if the user wants to trust the publisher. I want the installation to be seamless and not frighten the users by this type of warning even though it has been digitally signed. I have a normal code signing certificate from Comodo not an EV code as they only sell EV codes to businesses and not individuals from my understanding.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated as I would like to have the package on Microsoft Store.

Kind regards

Annesly

:)

AnneslyRayan, Nov 5, 2018

2. Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

Hi All,

I am new to Microsoft Store and want to get some answers to see if it can be used for my purpose.

I have an application which I have created used Ms Access, I have packaged it in MSI and EXE file formats with all the registry keys etc. I am also able to package it in an MSIX by converting the MSI. I usually sign the package with a digital signature
    that I have purchased from Comodo. Is this something I can put on the Microsoft Store, that is does Microsoft Store accept this type of packages?

The software uses the Microsoft Access Runtime 2013 package, if the user does not have a full version of Ms Access. I am also looking to package Ms Access in an MSIX file to put on the store for download should the user need it. Not sure if this conversion
    will work at this stage but just wanted to know if this type of file can also be included on the Microsoft Store?

Currently I have both these files in EXE format that I put on my own website, but every time the user tries to install it they get this warning asking if the user wants to trust the publisher. I want the installation to be seamless and not frighten the users
    by this type of warning even though it has been digitally signed. I have a normal code signing certificate from Comodo not an EV code as they only sell EV codes to businesses and not individuals from my understanding.

Any help in this regard will be greatly appreciated as I would like to have the package on Microsoft Store.

Kind regards

Annesly

AnneslyRayan, Nov 6, 2018
  3. sam02 Win User
    App store and Microsoft account

Thank you for the advice

I see what you mean about the password but i think its a backward step to compromise my Microsoft password to to use the app store

sam02, Nov 6, 2018
  4. Lanso Win User

Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

MS ACCESS: A7 Building Queries in Microsoft Access

Hello, I'm having problems with creating a database from this questions. I was able to do get to a point but won't show or missing something. Can anyone help on these questions:

2. Display the CustomerNum, CustomerName, OwnerName, Phone, RestaurantType, and FirstContact of customers who were first contacted in 1992 and 1993. The list should be sorted by the FirstContact date (with the most recent at the top) within RestaurantType in ascending order.

3. Write this query in SQL. It should be your SQL code and not the one generated by Microsoft Access. Show the CustomerNum, OrderNum, and InvoiceAmt for orders that were placed by customers with CustomerNum in the 500s (that is numbers that fall between 500 and 599) or valued at $2,000 or more. Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order.

4. Write this query in SQL. It should be your SQL code and not the one generated by Microsoft Access. Show the CustomerNum, OrderNum, and InvoiceAmt for orders that were placed by customers with CustomerNum in the 500s (that is numbers that fall between 500 and 599) or valued at $2,000 or more. Sort the list by CustomerNum in ascending order.

5. Show the CustomerNum, OwnerName, Kitchen Area, InvoiceAmt, and ZipCode for customers who are located in ZipCodes starting with 43 and have InvoiceAmt between $1,200 and $2,000. The list should be sorted by CustomerNum.

Attached is the File on a zip as access file is not accepted.
    The queries I'm working from that I made for some of these are Customer Query, Restaurant Type, Order Query 1.
    Thanks this will be a lot of help as I've been trying to do this for the last 3 days.

Lanso, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store

1. Ms Access desktop application through Microsoft Store - Similar Threads - Access desktop application

2. Anime purchased through MS Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Anime purchased through MS Store: Team, With the merger of funimation and crunchyroll what will happen to the anime library I've purchased over the past years? As funimation is ending its digital forever catalog will MS be refunding all purchases at their full purchase price or will the anime anime be...
  3. MS Store - no access!

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    MS Store - no access!: I am a US citizen who lives in the US. I do sometimes go to Russia for work reasons. Now my notebook has been tagged as Russian and I cannot get anything from the MS Store as I am now blocked as a Russian. I am in Spain at the moment and cannot get anything from here either....
  4. MS Store - no access!

MS Store - no access!: I am a US citizen who lives in the US. I do sometimes go to Russia for work reasons. Now my notebook has been tagged as Russian and I cannot get anything from the MS Store as I am now blocked as a Russian. I am in Spain at the moment and cannot get anything from here either....
  5. MS Store - no access!

in Windows 10 Gaming
  6. Updating MS Store applications

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Updating MS Store applications: Hello,I have an issue that i cannot find the solution to.We have Windows 10 machines that are flagging in our vulnerability scans with out of date apps. Notably 3D viewer, Codec library and the Photos app.The issue is that our vendor scanner is flagging these as as examples...
  7. Updating MS Store applications

Updating MS Store applications: Hello,I have an issue that i cannot find the solution to.We have Windows 10 machines that are flagging in our vulnerability scans with out of date apps. Notably 3D viewer, Codec library and the Photos app.The issue is that our vendor scanner is flagging these as as examples...
  8. Updating MS Store applications

9. Can't access microsoft store through a vpn

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access microsoft store through a vpn: I have to turn off my VPN to access microsoft store. What gives? this should not be required as I have a common provider and most websites allow access. Is there a way to make it work? If not, I'd like Microsoft devs to have the feedback and I'd also like a brief...
  10. Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account

Unable to access Microsoft store applications through a specific domain user account: I'm editing this post to reflect the current state of the issue. I bought some new PCs from Dell which had Windows 10 and Office preinstalled on them - kind of SOP at our company. The pre-installed Office apps are Microsoft Store apps. They're accessible using a local...