Windows 10: MS Account Compromised

Discus and support MS Account Compromised in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I received an alert this morning on my Android MS Authenticator app about unusual activity - a sign in attempt from Indonesia that was unsuccessful. My... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Keppy, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Keppy Win User

MS Account Compromised

I received an alert this morning on my Android MS Authenticator app about unusual activity - a sign in attempt from Indonesia that was unsuccessful. My password has been compromised it seems it's an old password I should have already changed so I immediately changed it to a new stronger password. Looking through recent activity there are a number of successful logins from Russia and Indonesia despite having 2FA enabled, reading the activity page they appear to have bypassed 2FA. I have never been to nor logged in via VPN from these countries, this is 100% not me.

MS services I use include Xbox, Office365, Azure, OneDrive.

Given my current situation I have a few questions:

1. How can I check any current logged in sessions on my account, and forceably sign any out if needed? unless changing my password does this automatically there is no 'this wasn't me' button for entries not under unusual activity, and that button just tells me to change my password anyway

2. How can I check for purchases/financial activity on my account across all MS services on 1 page?

3. How can I check for any security changes these attackers may have made? Obvious settings I have checked look fine so far

4. How have they successfully logged in when I have 2FA enabled!? Authenticator app, phone number and alternative email received no message, I can see one of their sign ins 'resolved unusual activity' - why did I receive no alert for this?

Any advice for other areas to check for activity or changes would be greatly appreciated.

:)

Keppy, Apr 10, 2020
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:

Vesao, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Compromised Microsoft account

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that your query regarding Microsoft account. I’ll certainly assist you with the details.

As you have mentioned that your account has been compromised, I would suggest you to refer the article on
    How to recover a hacked or compromised Microsoft account, which
    will help you in recovering your account.

For additional information, refer
    Reset or recover your Microsoft account

If you still face issues, do not worry, you can certainly get in touch with our Microsoft account by following the article on

Get account help by email
    or you can
    Chat with Microsoft support

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Apr 10, 2020
  4. MS Account Compromised

My Microsoft Account is compromised

My Microsoft Account is compromised. Recently I have found out that somebody is trying to access my data. This person created a Microsoft account on another computer and is tracking my moves using browsing history. Please suggest a way to delete all my
    accounts and log-ins

MikeSalmon1, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

MS Account Compromised

1. MS Account Compromised - Similar Threads - Account Compromised

2. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  3. Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures: Urgent Assistance Needed: Account Compromised Despite Security Measures Hi Microsoft Community, I am writing to update and seek further assistance on a pressing issue regarding my Microsoft account, which has now escalated despite having taken all recommended security...
  4. How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...: How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11 security is all messed up? should I go for only local accounts.Please give a detailed explanation....
  5. How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...

How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11...: How to check if my online Microsoft account is compromised. Looks like my windows11 security is all messed up? should I go for only local accounts.Please give a detailed explanation....
  6. account compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    account compromised: Hi.please help.i believe my Microsoft account has been hacked i have tried resolving on line but just going in circles it seems the hacker has changed the username, when i use my email to recover the username i get sent a code to the email but for security some of the...
  7. account compromised

account compromised: Hi.please help.i believe my Microsoft account has been hacked i have tried resolving on line but just going in circles it seems the hacker has changed the username, when i use my email to recover the username i get sent a code to the email but for security some of the...
  8. How to recover a microsoft account that has a compromised security issue?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to recover a microsoft account that has a compromised security issue?: I am currently trying to recover a Microsoft account that has been compromised by a hacker. I have access to the original email of the account, but have forgotten the password to the Microsoft account. When I attempt to reset the password, the only way to do so is through...
  9. How to recover a microsoft account that has a compromised security issue?

How to recover a microsoft account that has a compromised security issue?: I am currently trying to recover a Microsoft account that has been compromised by a hacker. I have access to the original email of the account, but have forgotten the password to the Microsoft account. When I attempt to reset the password, the only way to do so is through...
  10. Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Subject: Urgent Help Needed - Account Compromised: Dear Microsoft Community Support,I'm in urgent need of assistance regarding my Microsoft account. I made a mistake by hiring someone from Fiverr to help with a job search. Unfortunately, I shared my email and password for monitoring job-related communications.This person...