Windows 10: MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate.

Discus and support MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate. in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I installed a copy of Windows 10 and then bought Home on the MS store app with my MS account, I have the email and order history as evidence. Because... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by scarletblvd, Jan 30, 2019.

1. MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate.

I installed a copy of Windows 10 and then bought Home on the MS store app with my MS account, I have the email and order history as evidence. Because it was a digital license purchased through the store, I have no product key. Later I upgraded it to Pro through the same store and everything worked fine, it's always been activated without trouble.

Recently I changed the motherboard and CPU, this broke the activation. However, when I log in with my MS account, activation doesn't work. The updated device appears in my MS account's device management, but nothing else can be done. The activation troubleshooter had me log in, accepted my account, then still said it couldn't activate, no devices were listed.

I have no product keys for anything and apparently my account doesn't have the licenses it should.

All I have are emails from MS about the order and the order history. Clicking on anything regarding the orders in the MS account management site only leads to blank pages and no further information.

I have nothing more to go on and I'm not sure what to do about this.

:)

scarletblvd, Jan 30, 2019

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

https://www.microsoft.com/en-in/software-download/windows10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Jan 30, 2019
  3. cadaveca Win User
    Important W10 activation key questions left unanswered by Microsoft

Not only that, you can check your M$ account and see what devices are listed there, so you know if you can do a clean install or not. Do the upgrade, get it activated, verify that it is listed in your account, then feel free to do a fresh install without activation issues ever.

cadaveca, Jan 30, 2019
  4. Kolby65 Win User

MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate.

Activating Windows 10 Pro After a Hardware Upgrade!

I followed all the steps to linking my Windows 10 Pro to my Microsoft account so that I could upgrade my hardware, reinstall Windows 10 Pro, and activate it, but it's not working. I'm signed into my Microsoft account. I tried the activation troubleshooter,
    selecing that I recently changed hardware, etc. Nothing is working. I can see my old computer under my Microsoft account, as well as my new one (with better hardware). I changed the motherboard, ram, and CPU. Any suggestions would be wonderful.

Kolby65, Jan 30, 2019
Thema:

MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate.

1. MS account has order history for Home and Pro upgrade, but cannot activate. - Similar Threads - account has order

2. Order history missing activation key for windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Order history missing activation key for windows upgrade: I can not see activation key for windows 11 home to 11 pro that I just bought it from store in order history.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/order-history-missing-activation-key-for-windows/5bbc2c58-c5cf-40f2-a8f6-ca790d29ca42
  3. Order history missing activation key for windows upgrade

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Order history missing activation key for windows upgrade: I can not see activation key for windows 11 home to 11 pro that I just bought it from store in order history.? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/order-history-missing-activation-key-for-windows/5bbc2c58-c5cf-40f2-a8f6-ca790d29ca42
  4. I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account: Hello, how to see the orders history in my Microsoft account? I have bought Windows Server 2022 Standart. But i cannot to see my order history in my account. Link https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders does not work, it just always redirects me to the login page, even...
  5. I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cannot to see my orders history in Microsoft account: Hello, how to see the orders history in my Microsoft account? I have bought Windows Server 2022 Standart. But i cannot to see my order history in my account. Link https://account.microsoft.com/billing/orders does not work, it just always redirects me to the login page, even...
  6. Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Upgrading Win10 Home (activated) to Pro (not activated): Hi! I have a Dell laptop running Windows 10 Home activated with a digital license connected to my Microsoft account. I’d like to upgrade to Pro but as I don’t have the money for a new product key I’d like to keep it non-activated. I don’t mind sacrificing personalization...
  7. Win 10 Pro Order has no product key in order history OR in the confirmation email

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Win 10 Pro Order has no product key in order history OR in the confirmation email: I recently reinstalled Windows 10 from the windows media creation tool. The laptop had an OEM Windows 10 Home key on the bios, but I had purchased a Pro license and upgraded from the Window store. I had to reinstall the OS in order to opt out of the Windows Insider program,...
  8. Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate

Win10 upgrade from home to pro via ms store, cannot activate: Hello, I'm having hp x360 spectre with win10 home and purchased via ms store upgrade win10 pro, but it keeps refusing activation and dispatching error codes. I tried to reset installation...etc....really mess. But eventually I'll get it all back and running, but still cannot...
  9. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account: If a company purchases new computers that have Windows 10 Home editions, can the company purchase Pro upgrade using a business account? It looks like an upgrade can only be done using personal MS accounts, but these are not 'personal' computers. Does anyone know how to go...
  10. Win 10 Pro in Order History has no key

Win 10 Pro in Order History has no key: According to MS store I have a Windows 10 Pro purchase, but I can't find its key. It was purchased in November of 2015 and Windows is asking my to reenter my key for activation, but this purchase lacks one. Order #: 69ef46f8-0c0a-4071-b2c2-b5dd1631135a...