Windows 10: MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

Discus and support MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to in User Accounts and Family Safety to solve the problem; Odd thing happened to me yesterday. Windows 10 Home. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187) I have had both a local and an MS account configured on my pc.... Discussion in 'User Accounts and Family Safety' started by JustRay, Sep 25, 2016.

1. JustRay Win User

MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

Odd thing happened to me yesterday.
    Windows 10 Home. Version 1607 (OS Build 14393.187)
    I have had both a local and an MS account configured on my pc.
    And both have worked for some time.
    Yesterday, I decided to remove my MS account from my pc and just retain the local account.
    Settings \ Accounts \ Family & other people \ Remove
    I then clicked on the "Delete account and data" button.
    Here's where things "went south"................
    The Delete account and data dialog turned grey along with an activity indicator, so I "think" it was busy doing something.
    But, it never ended.
    Four hours later, it still gave the appearance that it was busy doing something.
    But, this is a laptop and I was at a friend house and had the "end" the account removal process, cuz I had to, vacate the premises.

When I got home and turned it on again, I "saw", in Settings \ Accounts, that my MS account was no longer there.
    So, I thought, "great, things worked as intended."
    I then decided, to re-add the MS account (the exact same email address).
    But when I try to do so, I get a ..
    "Good to Go" dialog (for a second)
    "Something went wrong, try again" dialog.
    Followed by a dialog that reads "We can't add a user to the device right now. It's probably our fault" Please tray again.
    Wen I click the close button, I am taken to another dialog that will allow me to add a local account. (Which works.)

And of course, I don't "see" my MS account in Settings \ Accounts.
    And I can't add it via Netplwiz, cus it tells me the account already exists.

If I go into the Users folder, I "see", the MS account profile folder.

I was able to successfully add a MS account to this pc using a different email address.

I'm thinking something didn't complete when I tried to delete my MS account yesterday.

Is there a way to manually clean up the pc, so that I might re-add my original MS account anew ?
    Or is there a way to force my MS account to show itself again ?
    Might there be something at Microsoft that might need to be done ?

I know my original MS account (the one I tried to deleted from my pc) is good (email address and password) because I can use it for other things.

Thanks for any and all replies

:)

JustRay, Sep 25, 2016
  2. rntpacis Win User

Microsoft Authenticator App for iOS: Crashing Upon Launch

Quick update: I was able to add my other accounts and the app seems to be stable now. Here are the steps that I did:

1. Revoke all authenticator access via the MS account portal.

2. Re-install the app on the iOS device.

3. Add the MS account. When prompted to choose an existing MS account (e.g. probably configured in Mail so it was being picked up by the app), ignore that and add a new account from scratch.

4. Go through the authentication process and eventually, the authenticator will sync.

rntpacis, Sep 25, 2016
  3. garym123 Win User
    How do I setup my Lumina1020, to sync (every day) with my Outlook 2013 Calendars and Contacts on my PC.

You say the MS account is the same as the AT&T account. I don't see how this can be true.

You MS account is *** Email address is removed for privacy *** or *** Email address is removed for privacy *** . Your AT&T email is not an outlook.com or Hotmail.com address. It makes no difference if the xxxx@ is the same.

To add your MS account to PC Outlook 2013 go to top left, file, - in the white area, add account,

complete the page information, same account that is on your phone, finish and you are done

garym123, Sep 25, 2016
Thema:

MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to

1. MS account removal process terminated and now can add an MS account to - Similar Threads - account removal process

2. MS account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS account: Hello. So i want to use my microsoft account but i want a different name on the log in screen and start menu but still have the same name on my microsoft account. how do i do this? also i am on windows 11...
  3. MS accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS accounts: I have 2 MS accounts. I tried to change my primary alias to a different email of mine. That is when I learned there was/I have another account. Subscriptions are under acct I want to change. How can I combine the accounts? Delete the account that does not have any...
  4. MS Accounts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Accounts: If I change any details in a Microsoft Account i.e. password, do I need to generate a new 'Account Recovery Code'? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-accounts/9e79fa3d-e676-4bf4-8ad4-bcad885e6193
  5. Why MS account now?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Why MS account now?: After an update for Windows 10, after I get in using my local account password it says "add your microsoft account" There is NO option to bypass this. Any suggestions? So far Mr Google has been no help. No matter what the answers say, there is no fine print that says "use...
  6. Remove defunct MS account

in Windows 10 Customization
    Remove defunct MS account: Hi - My Windows 10 setup is linked to an account associated with an old email that doesn't exist anymore. I can't remember the password, so I can't get into it. But it's the administrator account so it seems I can't do anything without accessing it. I did manage to close...
  7. Add a Pin to an existing MS Account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Add a Pin to an existing MS Account: I have two computers, a desktop and a laptop both running W10 Pro build 1909 using my MS account. When I set up the desktop I did so with a PIN. Didn't think to do that when I did the laptop. Is there a way at this late date to assign a PIN to the laptop -- preferably the...
  8. Can't add computer to MS Account

Can't add computer to MS Account: New Win 10 Pro 1903 build. I log into it with a password and/or pin. I go to my MS account to add new device and it forces me sign into my computer with my MS Account. On another computer I did this thinking I coudl change it back and it would not let me use the same user...
  9. MS account

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    MS account: I have since years a MS account. The newest is that I can't get into my details in the account anymore. MS makes it VERY VERY difficult for a simple user, which I am! I am not a hacker or anything like that, just want to change entries. What happened? I wanted to enter my...
  10. MS Accounts

MS Accounts: I had a previous MS account and I think it was being hacked at one time, so I closed out the email address it was under though through the ISP as I moved out of state. Now I need to know if this account is still "open" as I try to login and MS is stating this account does not...