Windows 10: Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....

Discus and support Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally.... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; win 7 upgrade to win 10, password changed to Pin # . some problem Ms account, could not verify, added phone, wait 30 days, verified. worked fine for a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by WilliamWrightDesk, May 26, 2020.

1. Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....

win 7 upgrade to win 10, password changed to Pin # . some problem Ms account, could not verify, added phone, wait 30 days, verified.

worked fine for a while. Tried to sign in , or change some thing in Setting, Did not like Pin # ask for Password for local acct? entered password first use. booted up ok, next time wanted Pin # ? seems to reboot every night some time. window sign on in am. boots to window introduction screen , task bar is reset. Tried to change setting but no change. Setting Account said Local acct Admin. sign in with windows account. Put in email and then password for Ms account , no good , original password no good, think I tried Pin # no good. Yet I can go else ware in window and sign in to my Ms Account email and password is ok ? Show 2 pcs desk pc # is correct and a laptop is correct. May have something to do with I want Firefox as my default browser and was set that way when I upgraded from win 7 . and now you can not. But I found work around default by extension all internet extension set to Firefox. Been using Mozella Netscape when internet started.

Thank you for your Help

:)

WilliamWrightDesk, May 26, 2020
  2. Dyan Rey Win User

Microsoft Account PIN and password

We appreciate the screenshot that you provided. to start troubleshooting the issue with you logins, we suggest that you follow the steps below on how login pin goes back to password:

• Click Start menu and go to Settings.
    • In Settings, click the Accounts icon.
    • Click on Sign-in options.
    • Change both your password and pin one by one.
    Let us know how it goes.

Dyan Rey, May 26, 2020
  3. Setup PIN password on Windows 10

Hello Bob,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I understand your requirement in this regard.

Currently we don't have an option to access the Microsoft account without a password. However you can access it either through Microsoft account password or PIN password or Picture password. Suggest you to try again setting up the PIN password by following
    the below steps.

* Press Windows key, type Settings
    into the search space and select the same from the list.

* Click on Accounts and select
    Sign-in options

* Go to
    PIN section, click Add. Confirm your Microsoft account password when it prompt.

* Then setup desired PIN password as required. But ensure to click Eye symbol
    (I.e. Reveal Password) to ensure that the entered PIN is correct and matches.

Alternatively you can also setup Picture password. On the same
    Sign-in options window, you can find an option to set Picture password.
    With a picture password, you can sign in to your PC with your favorite photo instead of a hard-to-remember password. You choose the picture, which gestures—circles, straight lines, or taps—you use, and where on the picture you trace them. You
    can draw a picture password directly on a touchscreen with your finger, or you can use a mouse to draw your shapes. Everyone who has a Microsoft account on your PC can set up their own picture password.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, May 26, 2020
  4. Arun B J Win User

Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

• Are you able to login to Windows?

I suggest you to again create PIN password and check if the issue persist

Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

• Go to all settings.

• Click on Accounts, under sign in options.

• Select Add PIN and check if the helps.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Arun B J, May 26, 2020
Thema:

Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally....

1. Ms account shows desk pc# xx, Setup does not recognize Pin# or Password used originally.... - Similar Threads - account shows desk

2. CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!: Please help.I am trying to setup and brand new PC with Windows preloaded. I go through your annoying new windows setup that now FORCES me to sign in with a microsoft account and create a pin. Except when you click create pin there is no other option your just get the spinning...
  3. CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    CANT SETUP NEW PC CAUSE OF FORCING OF MS ACCOUNT & PIN!!!!!!!!!: Please help.I am trying to setup and brand new PC with Windows preloaded. I go through your annoying new windows setup that now FORCES me to sign in with a microsoft account and create a pin. Except when you click create pin there is no other option your just get the spinning...
  4. Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin: On my Dell laptop, all of a sudden the sign in to my computer which is essentially my Microsoft account does not recognize my pin. Even when I use the Authenticator App on my phone, the sign in does not accept the code from the Authenticator App....
  5. Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin: On my Dell laptop, all of a sudden the sign in to my computer which is essentially my Microsoft account does not recognize my pin. Even when I use the Authenticator App on my phone, the sign in does not accept the code from the Authenticator App....
  6. Microsoft account sign in does not recognize my pin

7. Windows 11 PC does not recognize Microsoft account password change

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC does not recognize Microsoft account password change: Hello! I recently changed my Microsoft account password. Most of my devices recognized this and required me to log in again with the new password. But I have one Windows 11 PC that does not accept the new password; it continues to insist on the older one. Even if I change my...
  8. Windows 11 PC does not recognize Microsoft account password change

Windows 11 PC does not recognize Microsoft account password change: Hello! I recently changed my Microsoft account password. Most of my devices recognized this and required me to log in again with the new password. But I have one Windows 11 PC that does not accept the new password; it continues to insist on the older one. Even if I change my...
  9. Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN

Safe mode does not recognize password or PIN: Windows 10 Lenovo Ideapad 330s stuck in airplane mode....Trapped in Safe Mode..have correctly used all known passwords and PIN with no effect..Tried Shift Key and Restart to access Trouble shooting with success..attempted Command Prompt with and without Safe Mode GUI then...
  10. PIN Erased and Password not recognized

PIN Erased and Password not recognized: This started as a problem with Outlook suddenly not recognizing my Gmail accounts any longer, though they had been downloading properly for the last 3 years. I connected here with an advisor from my laptop. He suggested I try running something like msconfig, but that was...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows 10 does not recognize my password