Windows 10: MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad

Discus and support MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I purchased a used ThinkPad. (64-bit). At first my word and Excel worked fine. I have a ThinkPad docking station for my second monitor. (AOC) But... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AJHomeOffice, Jul 16, 2019.

1. MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad

I purchased a used ThinkPad. (64-bit). At first my word and Excel worked fine. I have a ThinkPad docking station for my second monitor. (AOC) But this week my Outlook quit. Won't even open. when I open Excel it works but Word just sits and spins, I have to use the task manager to close it. My system says My OS is Windows 10 Pro and the programs I open say Office 365. How can I fix this?

:)

AJHomeOffice, Jul 16, 2019

2. Thinkpad T450s 3.0 USB not working on hp Office Jet 8620 told need 2.0 USB by MS

I have a new Thinkpad T450s with (windows 10) 3.0 USB, I am told by MS that my device (hp office jet 8620) will not work with my 3.0 USB. Lenovo has no suggestions, MS Windows 10 support did not have any suggestions......... Any suggestions or work arounds?

Help Please

Robert

helprobertnow, Jul 16, 2019
  3. Tony Kan Win User
    Updated to Windows 10 and Digitizer Pen stopped working on my Lenovo Thinkpad Yoga 20CDCTO1WW

I suggest you either

• Go to Control Panel and disable and re-enable the Wacom HID device driver; or
    • re-install Windows 8.1. If you haven't deleted the restore files then this should be relatively straightforward.

The first worked when I had the same problem on my ThinkPad 10.

Tony Kan, Jul 16, 2019
  4. MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

The tutorials provided are just a list of troubleshooting steps. Use only the steps which apply to you.

Since none of the troubleshooting steps here worked, I'd suggest you do a Clean install.

John

AmericanPharaoh, Jul 16, 2019
Thema:

MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad

1. MS Applications stopped working after I bought a ThinkPad - Similar Threads - Applications stopped working

2. i bought drivers that stopped working for no reason

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i bought drivers that stopped working for no reason: I was installing stuff like Ark a survival game and left it on while downloading Valorant at the same time I went to sleep and now my PC when restarted says driver has an error and it keeps saying to plug a disk into it I have tried everything even stuff like PowerShell and...
  3. i bought drivers that stopped working for no reason

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    i bought drivers that stopped working for no reason: I was installing stuff like Ark a survival game and left it on while downloading Valorant at the same time I went to sleep and now my PC when restarted says driver has an error and it keeps saying to plug a disk into it I have tried everything even stuff like PowerShell and...
  4. i bought drivers that stopped working for no reason

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...: I bought a lenovo thinkpad recently and the fingerprint reader does not work ive tried every option to fix problem and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-recently-bought-a-lenovo-thinkpad-and-the/7ea82dc1-916e-4980-8edf-6117a368ba5b
  6. Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...

Hi I recently bought a lenovo thinkpad and the fingerprint sensor hasn't been working for a...: I bought a lenovo thinkpad recently and the fingerprint reader does not work ive tried every option to fix problem and nothing has worked https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hi-i-recently-bought-a-lenovo-thinkpad-and-the/7ea82dc1-916e-4980-8edf-6117a368ba5b
  7. thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working: the fingerprint sign in randomly stopped working on my lenovo thinkpad windows 10. everything is updated and i've tried following steps on all forums, including uninstalling the fingerprint login.. now i cant get that back. any help?...
  8. thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    thinkpad windows 10 fingerprint sign in stopped working: the fingerprint sign in randomly stopped working on my lenovo thinkpad windows 10. everything is updated and i've tried following steps on all forums, including uninstalling the fingerprint login.. now i cant get that back. any help?...
  9. Frontier email stopped working after MS update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Frontier email stopped working after MS update: I've had this laptop for two years and had no issues receiving/sending emails from my Frontier email account. In May of 2021, after an automatic MS update launched on my laptop, I could no longer access or send any new emails. The posted message states: we couldn't access...
  10. Applications stop working after Windows 10 update

Applications stop working after Windows 10 update: Why does Preton InkSaver stop working sometimes after a Windows 10 update? This is such a useful application and I have to go through the performance of releasing my code, deleting the application and then reloading it and reapplying my code as this is an application I have...