Windows 10: MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw

Discus and support MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I have a gamepass ultimate for pc subscription for my son and installed it on his PC.Once I sign into the xbox app on this pc, he can open MS To Do, MS... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by aswp, Jun 6, 2021.

1. aswp Win User

MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw

I have a gamepass ultimate for pc subscription for my son and installed it on his PC.Once I sign into the xbox app on this pc, he can open MS To Do, MS Whiteboard, MS MAIL! and I assume any other ms apps click sign-in and pick my account and windows will sign him in WITHOUT asking for any password.There is an option under email and accounts, and I have chosen "Apps need to ask me to use this account". However this does not seem to work as intended.Very unhappy with the way MS has implemented sign-in on their services/apps. This is a fatal security risk. I have always been on windows for

:)

aswp, Jun 6, 2021
  2. Andy_H20 Win User

Surface Pro: Sign-in asks for MS Account Password

Does anyone have any further suggestions on this? Thanks

Andy_H20, Jun 6, 2021
  3. Andy_H20 Win User

Hi

I've tried all of your suggested steps but when signing in still always get the message:

"That password is incorrect. Make sure you are using the password for your Microsoft Account. You can always reset it at account.live.com/password/reset".

I can log into Windows (10) with no problem once signed in.

A slight concern I have is that the sign-in screen displays my MS email address and requires me to enter my MS password. I work freelance and have to use the Surface Pro in public places a lot... this is probably paranoia but it would be possible to pick
    up both just from watching me sign in (though you'd have to really want to, obviously).

Thanks for your comments anyway... I'd appreciate other suggestions if you have any.

Andy_H20, Jun 6, 2021
  4. Andy_H20 Win User

Does anyone have any further suggestions on this? Thanks
    Anyone out there got an answer on this please?

Andy_H20, Jun 6, 2021
Thema:

1. MS APPS does not ask for password on sign-in fatal security flaw - Similar Threads - APPS does ask

2. Remote Desktop asks password while the user does not include sign in password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Remote Desktop asks password while the user does not include sign in password: Hello, I have a problem trying remote control other PC it asks the login password for the PC but the user in the computer doesn't have any password or PIN number I own the PCim trying to skip it but doesn't work is there anything that i could try to bypass the password...
  3. Remote Desktop asks password while the user does not include sign in password

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Remote Desktop asks password while the user does not include sign in password: Hello, I have a problem trying remote control other PC it asks the login password for the PC but the user in the computer doesn't have any password or PIN number I own the PCim trying to skip it but doesn't work is there anything that i could try to bypass the password...
  4. Sleep does not ask for password

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  5. Sleep does not ask for password

Sleep does not ask for password: When I press the power button to wake up my windows 11 from sleep mode, the time is displayed and I press enter and the desktop appears without me needing to type in the password. How can I change this so I need to type in the password when I want the laptop to come out of...
  6. How to force MS APPS to ask for password on sign-in

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to force MS APPS to ask for password on sign-in: I have a gamepass ultimate for pc subscription for my son and installed it on his PC.Once I sign into the xbox app on this pc, he can open MS To Do, MS Whiteboard, MS MAIL! and I assume any other ms apps click sign-in and pick my account and windows will sign him in WITHOUT...
  7. Zoom flaw and security

in Windows 10 Customization
    Zoom flaw and security: Using Zoom, I wanted to protect my computer and verify my local security policy; but I don't have it. Is it because I use a Home version? How can I protect my computer from the flaw they talked about from Zoom? Thank you!...
  8. Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.

Crashes, security flaws and bad MS design.: While I sit here enduring yet another crash of Windows due to some cryptic Microsoft bug I thought I would take the time to tell MS how I really feel about them. In 2010 I left MS Windows for the Mac after having used Windows Since Windows 95. To that point I had endured...
  9. Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??

Unfixable security flaw in Secure Boot ??: This guy writes about security issues. Windows Secure Boot: Insecure by design and mostly likely cant be fixed | Network World 59744
  10. Fatal Flaw in Internet Software

Fatal Flaw in Internet Software: I will try to keep this short as possible. My problem is software vendors linking everything to email addresses, I use 4 email accounts and that makes one more thing I have to try to keep track of, along with constantly changing passwords, user names, registration names and...