Windows 10: MS apps not opening

Discus and support MS apps not opening in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Suddenly I find a number of MS apps won't open – the message being "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more information" On 'checking',... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by DavidThomson3, Nov 5, 2018.

1. MS apps not opening

Suddenly I find a number of MS apps won't open – the message being "This app can't open. Check the Windows store for more information"

On 'checking', I find nothing there to help me solve the problem. I'm offered the option to 'Install' but on the left side I'm told it's (Photos) already installed. I've tried to reset and to restart to no avail. I've tried 'reset' 'repair' to no avail and have run the Microsoft Store Apps troubleshooter, as well as a system restore, as well as a reset (Start>Update>Restore) but still no dice.

Can some kind soul offer me a solution?

:)

DavidThomson3, Nov 5, 2018
  2. Brink Win User

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hello Adam,

This is the suggested solution below if you haven't already tried it. MS apps not opening :)

In this Windows 10 build 10041, the Mail, Calendar, and People apps may be broken due to a licensing issue with the Store Beta. To get these apps working again, you need to follow these steps:

• Open powershell as administrator
    • Run the command Get-appxprovisionedpackage –online | where-object {$_.packagename –like “*windowscommunicationsapps*”} | remove-appxprovisionedpackage –online
    • Re-install Mail, People and Calendar from the Store (green tile)

Brink, Nov 5, 2018
  3. to add "ms access" in open with list when I right click on an

Hi Moideen,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand that you are willing to add MS Access in 'Open with' menu in Windows 10. I will certainly help you.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue.

1. Right click on .mdb file, select
    Open with
    click on Choose another app.

2. Look for MS Access from the list, if found, select it and click on
    OK.

3. If not, navigate to More apps > Look for another app on This PC
    and select the MS Access from the list.

4. Then on you can find MS Access default, on Open with
    list.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Nov 5, 2018
  4. Edwin Win User

MS apps not opening

Mail app will not open on 10041.

Hey Shawn,
    I did that to no avail, then I ran WSReset.exe; now I'm good on all 3, Mail, Calendar and People! *Confused
    Go figure!

Store Cache - Clear in Windows 8

Edwin, Nov 5, 2018
Thema:

MS apps not opening

1. MS apps not opening - Similar Threads - apps opening

2. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  3. Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Roblox is crashing every time I open it on microsoft store/ the xbox app: I can't open roblox on microsoft store. When I try to open it, it just closes about 5 to 20 seconds after I open it no matter what I do. The only way I can make it stay open is to restart my computer and then open it, but if i close it and open again, even 5 minutes after it...
  4. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  5. Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11

Some Windows apps won't open after a 30 minute long System Restore session on Windows 11: Last night April 21 2024 at 9:00 PM, I tried System Restore with my 4 month old HP Pavilion 15 laptop because I was dealing with issues on installing a program, and it took me an average of 30 minutes.After I did System Restore on startup, Windows gives me this popup screen...
  6. Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409

Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409: I'm having an issue with Roblox on Windows 10 Pro. I am using the latest windows version. When I try to open Roblox it wont open. Roblox Game Client shows up in Task Manager for ~3 sec and then disappears. Same problem have Roblox Studio. All other apps/games works very good....
  7. Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Roblox app won't open. 0xc0000409: I'm having an issue with Roblox on Windows 10 Pro. I am using the latest windows version. When I try to open Roblox it wont open. Roblox Game Client shows up in Task Manager for ~3 sec and then disappears. Same problem have Roblox Studio. All other apps/games works very good....
  8. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  9. Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works

Windows 11 - Windows Security App won't open and no solution works: Hello. I've noticed that I can't open the Windows Security App no matter what. When I try to open Windows Security or even the settings related to it in any way, the window freezes and it won't open. I tried a few solutions already posted in this forum, such asRepairing and...
  10. If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?

If one app crashes, no other apps can open until I restart computer?: Just as the title suggests, my computer is only a few months old and one that I built at that. If something GPU intensive like Unreal Engine 5 or any of my Steam games crash, I am unable to launch any other apps, especially when I am forced to close them due to the " [ ].exe...