Windows 10: MS apps screwed up after updates

Discus and support MS apps screwed up after updates in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Anyone having issues with MS app updates tonight? Loads updated such as news, weather, solitaire. They all appear to launch ok but as soon as we switch... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2017.

1. MS apps screwed up after updates

Anyone having issues with MS app updates tonight? Loads updated such as news, weather, solitaire. They all appear to launch ok but as soon as we switch to another user they refuse to launch. Store prompts reinstall to repair but that doesn't then download. Seems MS has royally screwed a lot of these up. And then in turn I go back to my user acc and they refuse to open. Did a system restore which got everything back as it was again and launching all these apps. But as soon as they updated again same thing happened

:)

Scottyboy99, Dec 14, 2017
  2. PhilPeron Win User

Every other update on windows 10 screws up my computer once more.

Why can't MS make a stable operating system. This last update again screwed up my computer. The window pop up screen comes up but no apps or features will launch. Can't get to windows update to see if a fix is in the next update. Getting much closer to
    another operating system. Support websites are useless, just one useless page after another.

PhilPeron, Dec 14, 2017
  3. Cannot update Lumia 550 to Windows Phone 10.0.10586.107

Thank you for this, while the app was useful and provided an updated FIRMWARE for the device, it didn't update the windows version! MS apps screwed up after updates :(

I thought you had cracked it then.

Any other suggestions or have MS made yet another screw up?

prosupdean, Dec 14, 2017
  4. simrick Win User

MS apps screwed up after updates

Checking now....

MS apps screwed up after updates [​IMG]

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  5. simrick Win User
    Just to clarify - are you doing the fast-user-switch or logoff/logon to another user?

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  6. Cheers, am logging out and then logging in.

it might only become an issue if you have other user accounts on the pc. As it only flared up once I logged out and then my wife logged in. We’ve got two machines, the other one also has user accounts and seems to of dodged the issue. I’ve tried resetting the apps and reinstall but neither helps. I tried to go back to the system restore point again but that failed on the second attempt and now the machine claims there are no restore points!

7. simrick Win User
    Okay, I have a second user on this rig. I'll logout, and log into it and see what happens. Let me first make sure the apps that just updated are working in this user account.

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  8. MS apps screwed up after updates

Thanks - I am thinking I might have to head down the media creation/repair install avenue. But I do believe there may be something wrong with the way MS updates it’s apps. At least in this batch, weather, news and solitaire seem to be the ones that got hosed

9. simrick Win User
    Okay, I updated those apps, (above), made sure they opened, then closed everything and logged out of this user account (a local admin user). I then logged into a standard MS user account and opened those apps - they all worked.

Maybe you could try the Store troubleshooter and/or reset the Store. Then do the sfc /scannow and DISM commands?

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  10. simrick Win User
    Actually, I recall having this problem a few days ago with some other store apps. I used Ccleaner to uninstall them, and then reset the Store, and reinstalled them. That fixed it.

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  11. Ok thank you. Some good things to try out. I will report back on how that goes. I’m curious about the ccleaner fix you employed. We’re any of the apps giving you trouble Microsoft native apps? They seem to be a lot stubborn/flakey than other third party apps

12. simrick Win User
    Yes, one of them was Feedback. *Wink

simrick, Dec 14, 2017
  13. MS apps screwed up after updates

Ok, I wasted loads of time with media creation install, did not fix those apps. But I am indebted to you, as the ccleaner method worked perfectly it seems! Thank you. Unfortunately it didn’t solve the other ‘my office ‘ issue on the other thread.

14. simrick Win User
    Glad that worked. I posted something in the other thread, using the registry cleaner in Ccleaner. It's a long shot, but can't hurt.

simrick, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

MS apps screwed up after updates

1. MS apps screwed up after updates - Similar Threads - apps screwed updates

2. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  3. Screwed up

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Screwed up: I've had this computer for 2-3 years and Within the 1st year my computer has gotten corrupt. Whenever I try to look up on how to fix corrupt files or just a corrupt pc It dosen't work as it says I'm not a administrator. So please help me I have my entire computer corrupted...
  4. Screwed up

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  5. Update screwed up computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screwed up computer: After this last forced update which I kept having to uninstall due to constant errors my computer is no longer operating properly. I cannot access the Start menu nor any setting menus. I cannot search any thing. I have tried constant reboots, restarting Windows Explorer....
  6. Screwed Up!

in Windows 10 Support
    Screwed Up!: Not sure if this is right section but a few hours ago the whole of Win 10 went config up! I had my images (in the number of thousands) suddenly change real life icons into some damn flower. I seem to recall I had this problem ages ago and you all fixed it but I could not...
  7. Update - Windows screwing up?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Update - Windows screwing up?: The last update went in fine but colour settings have gone a bit loopy. Suddenly my colours on games and desktop were really vivid - a real pain on the eyeballs. Eventually fixed that but lost my custom settings. Secondly my task bar along the bottom of the desktop had gone...
  8. Sound getting screwed up after Updating

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound getting screwed up after Updating: Hi everyone... I'm having a very annoying problem recently. I noticed that after an automatic update from windows my sound is getting messed up, as you can listen here and here. These are the sounds when I try to change the volume of my pc and do the testing option of the...
  9. screwed up app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    screwed up app: I put on an instructional dvd after purchasing windows dvd player and the left half of the dvd is fine but the right half is sideways. Why??? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/screwed-up-app/d23a54d7-9a06-49aa-8cc6-99ebdc05c1c4
  10. Update screw up

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update screw up: My Laptop did the Windows update about two months ago and ever since then I have not been able to sign into my Laptop and have it save anything. It says Unable to sign you into your account, you are signed in with a temporary account and your information will not be saved....