Windows 10: MS asks to not use Chrome or FF for Fall update

Discus and support MS asks to not use Chrome or FF for Fall update in Browsers and Email to solve the problem; I am not sure about this but think I read this somewhere. if it is so, I uninstalled chrome and tried using Edge with Cortana. The web cam light that... Discussion in 'Browsers and Email' started by maranna, Sep 12, 2018.

1. maranna Win User

MS asks to not use Chrome or FF for Fall update

I am not sure about this but think I read this somewhere. if it is so, I uninstalled chrome and tried using Edge with Cortana.
    The web cam light that worked o well with Chrome now has the light on all the time -it is when Cortana is enabled.
    Should it always be on or only when called upon like with Chrome?

:)

maranna, Sep 12, 2018
  2. Shiva1 Win User

Unable to install Windows Fall Creators Update

Thanks, will try those suggestions

other security updates run normally, I jsut have a long list of the fall creator updates not installing

Shiva1, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Windows 10, Chrome + FF + IE + Edge?

So for those like me who want to use Chrome or FF, the best option is just to let IE & edge?

Then we need to do the settings about pop-ups, cookies etc in all 4?

arturoruiznerv, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Rohn007 Win User

Missing Scrollbar

Can you see the scroll bar in IE or Edge?

If you can, MS won't care about Chrome or FF. Actually they will be secretly happy about it. You should also ask your question at Chrome, FF AND Blackboard help forums. They are more likely to specific suggestions if anyone else has noted the problem.

Rohn007, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

1. MS asks to not use Chrome or FF for Fall update - Similar Threads - asks Chrome Fall

2. My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...: Well two days ago my edge browser tabs kept on loading but never loads fully so I rebooted the system and it was working again. Later I tried to stream a certain video on vlc and vlc hanged. I tried to close it but it said "sending report to Microsoft" so I tried it from task...
  3. My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Browsersedge, Chrome, FF, brave not working, Windows update is hung at 7% and CPU usage...: Well two days ago my edge browser tabs kept on loading but never loads fully so I rebooted the system and it was working again. Later I tried to stream a certain video on vlc and vlc hanged. I tried to close it but it said "sending report to Microsoft" so I tried it from task...
  4. This site can't be reached while using DoH with Chrome, but not FF.

in Browsers and Email
    This site can't be reached while using DoH with Chrome, but not FF.: Since the release of Chrome 83 which includes using DoH, I have it enabled using Cloudflare as I do the same in Firefox. But randomly in Chrome only I get the below result. If I refresh the page it will load as expected. Has anyone else had this happen? It's not constant, and...
  5. ms-wpc chrome

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    ms-wpc chrome: every time I open google chrome it says "you need an app to open this ms-wpc" any fix to this? I just got this pc and im trying to set It up https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wpc-chrome/6ddb9607-0e93-4a3d-9374-b7a03c9d2d6d"
  6. family features are asking permission to use Chrome

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    family features are asking permission to use Chrome: hi I recently bought a surface pro 6 i like it but crome is not working it gives this message that goes like this: You'll need to ask an adult in your family if you can use: (Blank) Ask by Email so I click the ask by email to see what it does and I get Something...
  7. Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Crashing Google Chrome after fall update 2018 for Windows 10: After fall 2018 update for Windows 10 Chrome keeps crashing? Why do I need to go back to windows 8.1 it worked much better? ***Modified title from: why after fall update 2018 for Windows 10 and now Google chrome keeps crashing??***...
  8. fall update

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fall update: I still didn't get the fall update has anybody else have the same problem thank you 30237
  9. Fall Creators Update Butchered MS Office 2007

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Fall Creators Update Butchered MS Office 2007: After installing the Fall Creators Update on my old Lenovo Thinkpad, I found that my MS Office 2007 was butchered. Whenever I try to open Word or Excel, Office goes into a "reconfiguration". When I open Excel, I first get an error on stdole32.tlb. In looking at what was...
  10. Fall Update

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fall Update: Hi guys. My desktop will not accept the Fall update. The automatic assistant keeps trying and falling over and I have made an ISO on my spare usb drive. No matter what I do it restarts and black screens with no cursor. I have followed so many workarounds and it always ends up...