Windows 10: MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

Discus and support MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Just got a new phone, trying to transfer all accounts from authenticator on old phone to new one. I have cloud backup enabled, used recovery on new... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by AHHchoo, May 26, 2022.

1. AHHchoo Win User

MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

Just got a new phone, trying to transfer all accounts from authenticator on old phone to new one. I have cloud backup enabled, used recovery on new device and only the account I use for Microsoft appeared on the new device. How do I get all of the accounts transferred? Do I have to go to each of those sites and register again?

:)

AHHchoo, May 26, 2022
  2. Brink Win User

Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS

Source: Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming soon to an iOS device near you! Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, May 26, 2022
  3. Brink Win User
    Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS

Source: Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming soon to an iOS device near you! Enterprise Mobility + Security

Brink, May 26, 2022
  4. MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

Windows Microsoft account authentication

I have a valid Microsoft account and a Windows 10 PC with Hello/PIN account login enabled. I also have the Microsoft Authenticator app installed on an iPhone and configured for the Microsoft account. Additionally, I have two step authentication configured
    for the Microsoft account. With all of that said, I have become very exasperated while trying to unravel the various authentication paths (and their security implications) through this multi level login security scheme. I find the associated account security
    documentation to be woefully inadequate. Thus, I would like to pose the following list of questions for starters.

1. Does Windows Hello/PIN amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

2. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (without two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

3. Does approving a Microsoft Authenticator login attempt (with two step verification explicitly set up)

amount to a two step verification login procedure for my Microsoft account?

4. If answers to both 2 and 3 are yes, then what does explicit set up of two step authentication do?

5. Does a coherent, comprehensive document explaining Microsoft account security configuration exist somewhere?

6. If the answer to 5 is yes, wherer is it?

Thanks in advance.

Thomas E. Davis, May 26, 2022
Thema:

MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

1. MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account? - Similar Threads - Authenticator backup backed

2. Cannot enable cloud backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app - "MS account doesn't exist"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cannot enable cloud backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app - "MS account doesn't exist": Hello,As per the title, when I try to add an account to enable backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app on Android, it asks me to sign in to my MS account. I enter my email address but the app says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist". And yet it is the same account that I...
  3. Cannot enable cloud backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app - "MS account doesn't exist"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot enable cloud backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app - "MS account doesn't exist": Hello,As per the title, when I try to add an account to enable backup in my Microsoft Authenticator app on Android, it asks me to sign in to my MS account. I enter my email address but the app says "That Microsoft account doesn't exist". And yet it is the same account that I...
  4. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  5. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal': Hello,I've recently started using the Microsoft Authenticator app for my two work MS accounts. I also decided to add some personal accounts that are non-Microsoft to the app e.g. amazon, PayPal, non-MS mail etc by scanning QR codes from the website. All of them were added...
  6. Microsoft Authenticator - non MS accounts added as 'personal'

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
  7. MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?: Just got a new phone, trying to transfer all accounts from authenticator on old phone to new one. I have cloud backup enabled, used recovery on new device and only the account I use for Microsoft appeared on the new device. How do I get all of the accounts transferred? Do I...
  8. MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?

MS Authenticator backup only backed up my Microsoft account?: Just got a new phone, trying to transfer all accounts from authenticator on old phone to new one. I have cloud backup enabled, used recovery on new device and only the account I use for Microsoft appeared on the new device. How do I get all of the accounts transferred? Do I...
  9. Microsoft Authenticator backup not working

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Microsoft Authenticator backup not working: HiI have setup Microsoft Authenticator exactly one month before. I have added 3 2FA accounts as of yesterday and added 2 more today. I wanted to check how good the backup is working as the accounts I'm adding in 2FA are rising. I installed Authenticator in another mobile...
  10. Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Authenticator Account Backup and Recovery: Coming to iOS: Howdy folks, Many of you have asked for backup and recovery for the Microsoft Authenticator app. We’ve heard that need, and that’s why I’m happy to announce that we’ve just released a backup and recovery feature for that app. Now, your Microsoft Authenticator app will keep...