Windows 10: MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

Discus and support MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Problem with GMail - prompted to get MS Authenticator - went through process but prompted to enter alternative e-mail address - appears that something... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by MichaelShelley1, Feb 23, 2023.

1. MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

Problem with GMail - prompted to get MS Authenticator - went through process but prompted to enter alternative e-mail address - appears that something then went wrong and unable to recover original set-up- IPhone 8 and laptop running Windows 11- what can I do, please?

:)

MichaelShelley1, Feb 23, 2023
  2. SIW2 Win User

MS Activation Hell (& HP Repair Nightmare)

This is auto filled

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349106d1634698885t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt1.jpg

Select the installation files

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349107d1634698900t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt2.jpg

I have a win11 iso handy so will use that to demo

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349108d1634698907t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt3.jpg

It instantly mounts and lists the wim/esd . Select the Edition you want in the dropdown

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349109d1634698918t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt4.jpg

Now browse to the partition to install onto

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349110d1634698928t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt5.jpg

3. SIW2 Win User

Select the target partition

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349112d1634699221t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt6.jpg

click setup

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349111d1634699221t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt7.jpg

The defaults are fine. Just click OK

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349113d1634699236t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-winnt8.jpg

4. BigMac Win User

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare 349105d1634693560t-ms-activation-hell-hp-repair-nightmare-troubleshooter-101821.jpg

Just gives an error number. Clicking on the "changed hardware recently" link only prompts me to create an MS account.

Sorry, I don't have a clue how to do a clean install like you said.

BigMac, Feb 23, 2023
Thema:

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

1. MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare - Similar Threads - Authenticator installation activation

2. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  3. wsl installation nightmare

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wsl installation nightmare: Hey guys,Haven't been able to install wsl on windows. Here's a summary of my pain:PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl -d Ubuntu-22.04 There is no distribution with the supplied name. Error code: Wsl/Service/WSL_E_DISTRO_NOT_FOUND PS C:\Users\[me]> wsl --install -d Ubuntu-22.04 Ubuntu 22.04...
  4. MS authenticator locked

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS authenticator locked: i have new iphone and have recovered all apps from previosu backup including MS authenticator app and i have logged into app. my work account is there, but my personal account is not. i have just added my personal account but when i start authenticator app now i simply get...
  5. MS authenticator locked

MS authenticator locked: i have new iphone and have recovered all apps from previosu backup including MS authenticator app and i have logged into app. my work account is there, but my personal account is not. i have just added my personal account but when i start authenticator app now i simply get...
  6. MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare

MS Authenticator installation / activation nightmare: Problem with GMail - prompted to get MS Authenticator - went through process but prompted to enter alternative e-mail address - appears that something then went wrong and unable to recover original set-up- IPhone 8 and laptop running Windows 11- what can I do, please?...
  7. Licence and activation of Win 10 nightmares

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Licence and activation of Win 10 nightmares: Hi I am trying to Activate window's 10 home edition single language and I cant get past that part of my licence for windows 10.I am signed in as an administrator with my Microsoft account but for some or other reason I get an error message that i am not online and that I...
  8. Nightmare

in Windows 10 Customization
    Nightmare: My Settings is not working it opens blank, my Windows Update has disappeared and all my update history is gone. Any devices connected t my USB are not recognised. I rarely use my laptop but on opening yesterday, its been hell. I have no idea what else to do other than throw...
  9. Activation nightmare

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Activation nightmare: I have purchased a minecraft key and for MS's information, this has been the most difficult and time consuming activation I've ever encountered. Anyway, I am now told I need to link an applicable device in order to install the game. I am on my windows 10 laptop and I am...
  10. restart is nightmare for installation!

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    restart is nightmare for installation!: Nine times I have failed in installing Windows 10. When I reach the circle and percent screen and Copying Files is done, the computer restarts. When it loads back, surely the blue Windows sign and the loop appear. Then they disappear. Then a black screen stays there forever....