Windows 10: Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's

Discus and support Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's in Windows 10 Virtualization to solve the problem; Hi there has anybody got an idea on roughly what the monthly cost of the Azure Cloud service is for say a home user or a small (individual sole... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Virtualization' started by jimbo45, May 7, 2017.

1. jimbo45 Win User

Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's

Hi there
    has anybody got an idea on roughly what the monthly cost of the Azure Cloud service is for say a home user or a small (individual sole trader) type of business.

Basically to run 2 VM's with a small amount of e-commerce.

Looking at Ms's licensing- you'd need a Ph.D in Mathematics to even begin to understand what the costs are.

Cheers
    jimbo

:)

jimbo45, May 7, 2017
  2. Maciej_833, May 7, 2017
  3. Azure Windows VM - debugging mobile device

Hi,

My local machine is a WIndows 10 machine to which I connect through USB a mobile device (Sony Xperia Z).,

On a Windows Azure Windows 2012 R2 VM I have Visual Studio 2015 with Xamarin Studio. I want to be able to debug to my device. The device is simply not there.

I've tried setting: Allow remote machine to have access to ports, etc in the RDC setting but it's still not available.

Is it possible? How to redirect the device from my local machine to Azure VM?

Maciej_833, May 7, 2017
  4. Kari Win User

Having had a bit luck, I have one normal MSDN subscription and an additional subscription through MPN membership paid by my ex partners. Both of these subscriptions give me €130 monthly Azure credits, a total of €260. Depending on your MSDN subscription level (or rather Visual Studio subscription as it's known today) you will get €45 (£40 / $50), €85 (£75 / $100) or €130 (£115 / $150) monthly Azure credits.

More: Monthly Azure credit for Visual Studio subscribers

In my case my credits have always been enough to pay for my use of Windows Server in Azure although I have to admit that as I want to / need to keep it free I only use as basic services as possible (each core / GB RAM / GB HDD costs extra). The new Azure Cost Calculator is quite easy to use and gives surprisingly accurate cost estimates: Pricing calculator | Microsoft Azure

The best way to find out the real cost (in my opinion) is to use the free 30 day Azure trial offer with comes with 170 credits, set up the service you need or are interested in and after the trial period see if cost meets your expectations. The trial requires a valid credit card but nothing is charged, even if you use the free credits before trial period runs out the service will stop, it will not continue by charging your card.

Azure trial: Microsoft Azure: Cloud Computing Platform Services

Kari, May 8, 2017
  5. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

Thanks

That seems the most sensible way -- I think also if I use it for business I can deduct a decent amount of the cost in business taxes (depending on where the business is registered !!!) --It's OK here though and I have a decent .is domain server for routing the e-commerce through to the login on the azure cloud which will do the real work. The front end domain will have product details etc and browsing catalog stuff etc -- i.e the easy bit !!! -- so the azure part would only be used once a customer want to purchase something and then things like credit card valuations etc - i. e processing stuff would use the Ms server / cloud.

I do think though some of these large corporations could be a bit more "Small business" friendly -- I believe - was it a chinese saying -- "Out of an Acorn can come a mighty Oak" --not sure if the Chinese though had Oak trees !!! -- wasn't Ms itself started in some small shed !!!

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, May 8, 2017
  6. Kari Win User
    Yes, I completely agree.

Although I like Azure very much, for me as a private user using Azure only because of personal interest and to learn more about it, it would be out of the question without these free credits. As long as I can have it free I play around as much as I can, for instance when month is about to end and I still have unused credits I might set up additional virtual machines just to play with them and test if I have learned something.

Pure Windows Server 2016 use I'll average about 6 a day.

Kari, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Ms Azure costs / licensing and VM's - Similar Threads - Azure costs licensing

2. What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?: We have a P1 license as part of the Microsoft Partner Program. We have a Azure VM and we want to start using Azure AD accounts with RBAC to sign into that VM instead of using a local administrator account. Will this be possible for our current license or do we need P2 or even...
  3. What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    What are the costs and licensing requirements to sign into an Azure VM with a Azure AD account?: We have a P1 license as part of the Microsoft Partner Program. We have a Azure VM and we want to start using Azure AD accounts with RBAC to sign into that VM instead of using a local administrator account. Will this be possible for our current license or do we need P2 or even...
  4. azure vm for testing

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    azure vm for testing: Hello,I have azure pass and I am able to create azure VM. I am thinking to use it as a sandbox for malware analysis and also logs analysis.When I am done i am going to remove it and create it again. Is this legal i don't want to be banned for my azure subscription?many thanks...
  5. Azure VM export

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM export: Hi Alli have two tenants in Azure, There is no connectivity from Tenant 1 to Tenant 2. i have VM provisioned in Azure Tenant1. The VM is joined to the domain. I want to export this VM from Tenant1 and import it in Tenant2.The user in Tenant 2 should be able to login using...
  6. Azure VM export

Azure VM export: Hi Alli have two tenants in Azure, There is no connectivity from Tenant 1 to Tenant 2. i have VM provisioned in Azure Tenant1. The VM is joined to the domain. I want to export this VM from Tenant1 and import it in Tenant2.The user in Tenant 2 should be able to login using...
  7. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  8. Azure VM not Connecting .

Azure VM not Connecting .: Ok so recently , i Activated my Azure Trial subscription , i Created a VM but A few problems came up , i solved them all but now i have a Major Problem . Everytime i start The connection RDP Protocol It asks for credential , I entered my email credentials , VM Admin...
  9. Azure VM not Connecting .

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  10. MS AZURE OS License for Students

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    MS AZURE OS License for Students: Hey there! So I connected with MS Azure via my University account and got access to different Windows OS Versions and even enabled 100$ to use over a certain period for software. I just bought a new laptop without OS that I primarily use for Uni and like to install Windows...