Windows 10: MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

Discus and support MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello.I constantly have problems when using bluetooth devices because I occasionally switch Bluetooth USB dongles and, for some reason, it seems that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Guido042, Dec 16, 2021.

1. Guido042 Win User

MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

Hello.I constantly have problems when using bluetooth devices because I occasionally switch Bluetooth USB dongles and, for some reason, it seems that Microsoft never thought a user would use more than 1 bluetooth device in the same PC.I've seen a dozen questions/answers about this issue and all of them ask the user to fiddle with the registry and perform other non-ortodox methods. The issue is this:A user connects a new USB Bluetooth dongle to his/her Windows 10 PC and then pairs a some BT devices. If for whatever reason the BT dongle is then replaced the PC cannot connect to most or all of th

:)

Guido042, Dec 16, 2021

2. windows 10 VERY slow when trying to open Devices & Printers?

Windows still has a MS-version of Bluetooth stack, and running BT services by default.
    Didn't pay attention to the fact that you don't have a Bluetooth adapter.
    Scratch my previous suggestion, and disable everything bluetooth-related in services. If that does not help - check network and sharing settings.
    Devices and Printers manager also looks for network-attached multimedia devices (e.g. PCs with streaming service enabled) and network printers. If you by any chance changed network/homegroup settings on your additional PCs, then it could've affected the discovery speed on your computer. Still not sure how to fix it.

silentbogo, Dec 16, 2021
  3. janet21 Win User
    Widcomm or Microsoft Bluetooth Stack

Hi Sage

This is the System information from the PC Suite:

Operating system:

Microsoft Windows XP

Build 2600

Service Pack 2

Bluetooth stack:

Microsoft Bluetooth stack

Version 5.1.2600.2180

So I DO have the MS Bluetooth stack afterall, but I still can't get a connection.

There nothing in control panel about Bluetooth devices.

In System, Device Manager there is listed the following: USB Bluetooth Driver (CSR),

Bluetooth Virtual Com6 (and 7, 8, 9, 10, 11 and 12), Fujitsu Bluetooth Audio (SCR), USB Bluetooth Driver for SCO Link.

This is becoming infuriating.

I am not using BT for any dial up connections either.

My phone does pick up a BT headset.

janet21, Dec 16, 2021
  4. MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

Nokia 6275 & PC Suite 6.82.22 on Toshiba BT Stack

Hi,

If you don't want to wait fix for Toshiba stack problem, you can try to use Microsoft's bluetooth stack....

So, if you want to try to use MS BT driver:

1. Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware and Device Manager.

2. Open Bluetooth Devices, select that device, click Action, Uninstall and OK.

3. Click Action and Scan for hardware changes.

(windows should automatic install MS BT driver)

And if you want to use Toshiba driver again:

1. Go to Control Panel, System, Hardware and Device Manager.

2. Open Bluetooth Devices, select "Microsoft Bluetooth Enumerator", click Action, Uninstall and OK.

3. Select that BT device, click Action and Update Driver.

4. Select "Install from a list or special location" and press Next. Then select "Don't search. I will choose the driver to install" and press Next.

5. Select the second driver (which is not digitally signed) and press Next.

miksu---01, Dec 16, 2021
Thema:

MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

1. MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter - Similar Threads - stack unable remove

2. unable to remove bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to remove bluetooth device: i have connected my ps5 controller to my pc and can't get it off. i have went to blue tooth devices and tried to remove it from there and it still remembers the controller. i have also went to device manager and tried to uninstall and reset the pc and still nothing it keeps...
  3. unable to remove bluetooth device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    unable to remove bluetooth device: i have connected my ps5 controller to my pc and can't get it off. i have went to blue tooth devices and tried to remove it from there and it still remembers the controller. i have also went to device manager and tried to uninstall and reset the pc and still nothing it keeps...
  4. Bluetooth Device is removed from Network Adapters when Bluetooth is turned on - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bluetooth Device is removed from Network Adapters when Bluetooth is turned on - Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11, and the behavior for the Bluetooth Network Adapter is not behaving as expected.The issue is:"In order to disable the Bluetooth Device from the Device Manager, the Bluetooth needs to be turned OFF to display the device in the list of...
  5. Bluetooth Device is removed from Network Adapters when Bluetooth is turned on - Windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bluetooth Device is removed from Network Adapters when Bluetooth is turned on - Windows 11: I have a new laptop with Windows 11, and the behavior for the Bluetooth Network Adapter is not behaving as expected.The issue is:"In order to disable the Bluetooth Device from the Device Manager, the Bluetooth needs to be turned OFF to display the device in the list of...
  6. MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter: Hello.I constantly have problems when using bluetooth devices because I occasionally switch Bluetooth USB dongles and, for some reason, it seems that Microsoft never thought a user would use more than 1 bluetooth device in the same PC.I've seen a dozen questions/answers about...
  7. MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    MS BT stack is unable to remove Bluetooth devices when changing adapter: Hello.I constantly have problems when using bluetooth devices because I occasionally switch Bluetooth USB dongles and, for some reason, it seems that Microsoft never thought a user would use more than 1 bluetooth device in the same PC.I've seen a dozen questions/answers about...
  8. Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Bluetooth not working, also unable to remove device: All of a sudden I'm not able to connect my bluetooth earphones to my laptop. I'm trying to remove device, so that I could pair again but that is failing too. Windows is up to date. Windows specifications : Edition Windows 10 Home Single Language Version 20H2 Installed on...
  9. BT DEVICE

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    BT DEVICE: HOW CAN I RENAME A BT DEVICE ON WINDOWS 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/bt-device/23955ac0-4933-496a-95df-1771430f550d
  10. Unable to remove bluetooth device for a while

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Unable to remove bluetooth device for a while: Hi everyone, I have a problem to remove a Bluetooth device (a Logitech M535) from my Windows 10 installation. Each time I remove the device, it appears again once I enable Bluetooth or reboot. I spend so much time (hours and hours) to remove this device, because I want...