Windows 10: MS Calc - wrong answer?

Discus and support MS Calc - wrong answer? in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hello, I can't figure it out. this is clearly a wrong answer but i don't understand why am I getting it. other calculators agree that the answer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by DanielSuissa, Jul 24, 2020.

1. MS Calc - wrong answer?

Hello,

I can't figure it out.

this is clearly a wrong answer but i don't understand why am I getting it. other calculators agree that the answer should be about 0.7017

MS Calc - wrong answer? 0f4dde23-9a21-4405-beed-a3189b8157fb?upload=true.png

:)

DanielSuissa, Jul 24, 2020

2. calc.exe no longer starts

Hi Vijay_Verma,

Unfortunately, the steps you proposed have proved to be unsuccessful.

Although the calc app cannot be uninstalled using the Apps & features because the Uninstall button is grayed (which is quite strange), the command you suggested in step 2A did the trick.

Then I tried to reinstall the app from the MS Store and to my surprise, I was informed: “Couldn’t install. We’ll retry shortly”. After this, I reinstalled the app using step B you suggested, but to no avail. The calc app is still useless.

Thank you for your help.

MissLorentz, Jul 27, 2020
  3. vvv104 Win User
    Windows calc stopped working

Hello,

Have you made any changes to your computer prior to this issue?

Actually I don't know when calc has been broken. But no, I didn't do any significant changes since it worked.

Are you getting any error message?

No, just that empty window.

Which windows build have you installed on your computer?10.0.10586

I tried clean boot as you suggested, but calc still doesn't work.

sfc /scannow didn't find any find any integrity violations.

I addition to this I see that Photos app and some other metro apps don't work as well. And they all have "empty" icons in start menu.

Any other suggestions?

Thank you for your help!

vvv104, Jul 27, 2020
  4. MS Calc - wrong answer?

Search not returning majority of apps such as "calc"

After some failed Windows Updates and a messy reboot resulted in numerous issues with my setup, I was forced to run the "Reset your PC" option from my Windows 10 install media. After this I have had a number of issues, one of which is that now it seems that
    the search functionality in the start menu is not working as intended.

The search is able to find some installd programs, such as Steam and Camtasia. However, it does not seem able to find any of the pre-installed applications, for example: "calc".

When I type in "calc" in the search field the search only suggests that I could "search my stuff" for a file called "calc" and eventually finds a number of related image files, but not the actual calculator application. If I add in the ".exe" to the end,
    then Windows does manage to find calc.exe.

So far I have tried scripts for reinstalling all default apps, reinstalling cortana, repairing the start menu and turning the windows search -service on and off, but to no avail. What other steps could I take to try and restore full search functionality
    to my Windows or should I be looking into a full OS reinstall at this point?

whamtheman, Jul 27, 2020
Thema:

MS Calc - wrong answer?

1. MS Calc - wrong answer? - Similar Threads - Calc wrong answer

2. Preview: what time is it? Answer: wrong!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Preview: what time is it? Answer: wrong!: Using your Answers Preview app, I simply asked what time is it, and it responded off by 2 hours from what the clock of my PC is correctly set to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-what-time-is-it-answer-wrong/2c490700-ddd0-446a-a5cb-eb3447b46d0f
  3. Preview: what time is it? Answer: wrong!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Preview: what time is it? Answer: wrong!: Using your Answers Preview app, I simply asked what time is it, and it responded off by 2 hours from what the clock of my PC is correctly set to. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/preview-what-time-is-it-answer-wrong/2c490700-ddd0-446a-a5cb-eb3447b46d0f
  4. MS wrong email.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS wrong email.: Have just set up an old laptop for a friend and when creating an MS account for him I entered his wrong email address.How do I change it please? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/ms-wrong-email/92892e91-9517-43de-8149-ceb03d030b6e
  5. locked questions with wrong answers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    locked questions with wrong answers: I find it immensely irritating when a question is locked with the wrong reply it stops correct answers drags searches from google and no answer. For example there is a question about multiple identities in windows mail a totally wrong answer is given and is absolutely useless...
  6. locked questions with wrong answers

locked questions with wrong answers: I find it immensely irritating when a question is locked with the wrong reply it stops correct answers drags searches from google and no answer. For example there is a question about multiple identities in windows mail a totally wrong answer is given and is absolutely useless...
  7. Calculator gives wrong answer

Calculator gives wrong answer: I type the following into Calculator: 4 x 0.25 + 2 x 0.5 I get the answer: 1.5 This is wrong. The answer should be 2. I have no Feedback Hub to report this....
  8. MS Assure ... or Answer Desk or ...?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    MS Assure ... or Answer Desk or ...?: I pay £100/year subscription, but can never find a way to contact MS Assure/Answer Desk ... or whatever they call it now!! I intend to cancel unless I get a satisfactory answer....
  9. wrong answer on Crosswords

wrong answer on Crosswords: Puzzle 10 in world 5, 31 down: clue: JFK's predecessor. . . answer: LBJ LBJ was JFK's VP who became his successor. DDE--Dwight David Eisenhower was JFK's predecessor....
  10. Windows Calculator gives wrong answer

Windows Calculator gives wrong answer: When I use my keyboard to enter a problem the calculator gives the wrong answer. Sometimes it is only off by 5 percent but still off. It is usually off by 30-50 percent. When I use google's calculator I do not have this problem at all. Pls help I require the calculator often...