Windows 10: MS Chat Support failure.

Discus and support MS Chat Support failure. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I keep receiving the following message when trying to use CHAT... "You are not the owner of the case." I am signed in I think with my "Outlook.com"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BruceOtto2, Oct 11, 2020.

1. MS Chat Support failure.

I keep receiving the following message when trying to use CHAT...

"You are not the owner of the case."

I am signed in I think with my "Outlook.com" account.

:)

BruceOtto2, Oct 11, 2020
  2. clayto Win User

Ms support chat service, procedure changed?

When I have got totally stuck and even this Forum has not helped, I have on a number of occasions got the issue resolved via the MS Support Chat Service, so I tried this with regard to the total failure of Bluetooth. This time the experience was quite different and not satisfactory. In the past the Chat has been conducted via Chat Windows and sometimes the issue has been sorted by the Tech Advisor taking over control of my PC remotely. Now it seems to be different. The Chat was largely conducted via email which I found slow and confusing, though there was some to and fro between email and a Chat window. Maybe it will improve with experience. There was no offer to take remote control and nothing was achieved, I was just advised to try (from memory) a 'Clean Boot', or was it a 'Repair Boot'?

Before I try again I would welcome an explanation of the fix suggested plus does anyone have any experience of the new arrangement for getting help via a Chat from MS?

clayto, Oct 11, 2020
  3. 19MD60 Win User
    Start an online chat with MS support

How do I start an online chat with MS support ? I have a simple question to ask Support and cant see how to contact them ??

19MD60, Oct 11, 2020
  4. MS Chat Support failure.

Contacting Chat Support

Technical Level : Basic

Summary

There are some issues – account and billing related - that can only be fixed by contacting the official support channels. This article will explain the easiest way to contact chat support.

Details

Community support can fix most problems except for those that are related to the account itself. For instance, you are having trouble making a payment with the card, there is not much the community could do. It is possible that the card is not accepted.
    Or the payment is stuck in limbo and no amount of adding and removing will fix the problem. Such problems are dealt with by chat support.

Even if a particular problem does not come under the purview of chat support, they do act as a starting point. If they are unable to solve the problem, they usually will manage to set you off in the right direction.

Note - There is a dedicated support department for customers with disabilities. This department also handles queries related to accessibility features on the phone by users with or without disabilities. Find out more about chatting with them
    or calling them at this
    link

Steps to contact chat support.

Step 1. Visit the site by
    clicking on this link.
    On the top right corner, you will find a ‘Sign In’. Sign in with same account you use on your phone. Note : The link will take you to the US site. Even if you are from another country, do not worry about it.

MS Chat Support failure. c83838d5-4c6d-4f16-88a5-5825e9a416be.jpg

Step 2. Select the phone platform – windowsphone 7 or windowsphone 8. This is very important. If you are not sure about your platform, go to Settings > About on your phone. This will you give you the platform details.

MS Chat Support failure. f5b3213b-218e-40b3-81b0-d23d699cbd79.jpg

Step 3. Under ‘Category’, select Billing + Payment (Store), from the drop down list.

MS Chat Support failure. ece78cfc-afeb-486e-8ed0-ad9c42c92e9f.jpg

Step 4. Then select ‘Contact Us’

MS Chat Support failure. d86109c9-e12c-4f8b-a89a-b472a1314d2f.jpg

Step 5. You should now be in the page that says ‘Chat’. Press the big blue button to start chatting with a support person. Note - It is possible that the button might show up in red colour. Every time the author of this wiki tried
    the chat support, the button is always blue.

MS Chat Support failure. 1e5bf505-eabd-4e9f-8f8d-cadd2e782872.jpg

Jay_answers, Oct 11, 2020
Thema:

MS Chat Support failure.

1. MS Chat Support failure. - Similar Threads - Chat Support failure

2. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    chat or call ms support: I am trying to call or at least chat with MS support but the webpages and links seem to put me in endless loop -- is there a link/url that a least will start a chat session with a support agent? Thanks...
  3. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Gaming
    chat or call ms support: I am trying to call or at least chat with MS support but the webpages and links seem to put me in endless loop -- is there a link/url that a least will start a chat session with a support agent? Thanks...
  4. chat or call ms support

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. support chat stuck to an old chat

in Windows 10 Gaming
    support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  6. support chat stuck to an old chat

support chat stuck to an old chat: support chat is stuck on a previous chat, i tried to access support thru the 2 surface pros I have and my Surface Book, also thru my Microsoft account, thru the browser, and thru the Surface Pro app, always the same thing, connecting me to an old chat....
  7. need to chat with support

in Windows 10 Customization
    need to chat with support: I need support https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/need-to-chat-with-support/19791dfd-92f9-44fd-bdba-e27956c9bbd8
  8. Chatting with MS

Chatting with MS: I've tried all sorts of ways to open up a direct chat with MS tech support to no avail. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chatting-with-ms/760e3de4-235f-4535-ae62-39d7d6506291
  9. Chatting with MS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Chatting with MS: I've tried all sorts of ways to open up a direct chat with MS tech support to no avail. Any suggestions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/chatting-with-ms/760e3de4-235f-4535-ae62-39d7d6506291
  10. Ms support chat service, procedure changed?

in Windows 10 Support
    Ms support chat service, procedure changed?: When I have got totally stuck and even this Forum has not helped, I have on a number of occasions got the issue resolved via the MS Support Chat Service, so I tried this with regard to the total failure of Bluetooth. This time the experience was quite different and not...