Windows 10: MS confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10

Discus and support MS confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10 in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; Microsoft confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10 Mobile Since Microsoft first announced that some Windows Phone 8.1... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by Cluster Head, Mar 17, 2016.

1. MS confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10

Microsoft confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10 Mobile

:)

Cluster Head, Mar 17, 2016
  2. Entegy Win User

Will my nokia Lumia 520 get windows 10 update?

There has been no confirmation yet about which models get Windows 10 other than the Lumia 635. However, Microsoft has been working hard on making sure Windows 10 will run on devices with only 512MB of RAM, and the 520 is the most popular model of Windows
    Phone. So it's a pretty good bet the 520 will get Windows 10.

Windows 10 is not out yet, so you can't get it.

Entegy, Mar 17, 2016
  3. G.Ilex Win User
    about my lumia 520

Miucrosoft has excluded this phone from getting the windows 10 mobile upgrade from the first official release back in 2015.

The 520 has only 512mb ram and all phones with only 512mb ram were excluded. the performance was not good enough to give a satisfactory experience on a 512mb ram device.

So Microsoft has excluded these phones.

A a result you will not get windows 10 mobile on a Lumia 520

G.Ilex, Mar 17, 2016
  4. davidhk Win User

MS confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10

Well, that's great.
    Maybe I could extract some gold from the phone. That would not be a total waste ?

davidhk, Mar 17, 2016
  5. Dude Win User
    I'm in the 512 club, I was hoping this wouldn't happen. I have the latest insider so will just run it until I decide to get another phone. No rush since it runs great.

6. maciak Win User
    Will there be any way to sideload normal build? If insider works well official should too.

maciak, Mar 18, 2016
  7. stormy13 Win User
    Insider and official are both the same version, no need for sideloading.

stormy13, Mar 19, 2016
  8. Graulges Win User

Although I suppose I'll be able to continue with my current build I'm not too pleased because I bought my phone specifically because it could run Windows 10. Seems odd as I'm finding everything runs just fine. Maybe it's a marketing rather than technical decision.

Graulges, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. MS confirms that 512MB Windows Phone devices will not get Windows 10 - Similar Threads - confirms 512MB Phone

2. MS Windows Phone Link - Repair or Uninstall on Android device

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS Windows Phone Link - Repair or Uninstall on Android device: I received a replacement Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra last week. Since porting apps and files to the new phone, I have been unable to link on any of my devices both windows 11 computers. The app was installed from Play Store but cannot be uninstalled from either that source or...
  3. MS Windows Phone Link - Repair or Uninstall on Android device

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS Windows Phone Link - Repair or Uninstall on Android device: I received a replacement Samsung Galaxy S22 Ultra last week. Since porting apps and files to the new phone, I have been unable to link on any of my devices both windows 11 computers. The app was installed from Play Store but cannot be uninstalled from either that source or...
  4. is MS Windows 10 Phone Link useful?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is MS Windows 10 Phone Link useful?: I cannot believe that MS would create an app that links w/ my phone's SMS/MMS that does not allow me to sandbox or delete spam- the interface ... I gotta stop I can feel my BP going stratospheric...
  5. is MS Windows 10 Phone Link useful?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is MS Windows 10 Phone Link useful?: I cannot believe that MS would create an app that links w/ my phone's SMS/MMS that does not allow me to sandbox or delete spam- the interface ... I gotta stop I can feel my BP going stratospheric...
  6. MS Seeming to Confirm Windows 11

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS Seeming to Confirm Windows 11: , there has been heaps of theories re what's coming with Windows this Fall & on June 24th and for Insiders after the 24th. This has included various OS names, possibility of 2 Windows Biz & Consumer or 21H2 and a Windows 11, THEN on the 15th a leaked .ISO of Windows 11. Well,...
  7. Windows 10 Confirmation

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 Confirmation: I m upgrading Windows 10 pro from Windows 7 Ultimate with Media Creation Tool.My PC supports 64-bit OS.I have 2GB RAM.Can Windows 10 64-bit Run in 2GB RAM? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-confirmation/196b4531-04f6-4fad-bf8a-a5aa870b585c
  8. Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update For 512MB Devices?: I was under the impression that Lumia devices with 512MB RAM weren't going to be get getting the Windows 10 Mobile Anniversary Update, however today I turned on my old Lumia 635 to double-check a question I replied to on this forum earlier and it updated itself to the Windows...
  9. Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft Confirms Transparency Effects for Windows 10 PCs and Phones: Windows 10 is still work in progress on both PCs and phones, so many of the features that we use right now on the technical preview builds for these devices are going to be tweaked before the final release of the operating system. Case in point, the transparency effect...
  10. Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers

in Windows 10 News
    Microsoft confirms recovery tool for Windows 10 for phones previewers: Microsoft has officially confirmed that a software recovery tool will be available for those joining the Windows 10 for phones preview program, so they can roll back their devices to Windows Phone 8. As we reported previously Windows 10 for phones is expected to ship in...