Windows 10: MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?

Discus and support MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, At the place I work at, we are considering of using MS Defender ATP, however our corporate machines have Symantec installed. We wanted to know if... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Odenkaz, Apr 15, 2021.

1. Odenkaz Win User

MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?

Hi,

At the place I work at, we are considering of using MS Defender ATP, however our corporate machines have Symantec installed. We wanted to know if this installation will affect how Defender behaves when there is already another anti virus installed?

Typically the best scenario would be to have both in the machine, but any recommendations on behalf of MS or the community overall is welcomed as well.

Thank you!

:)

Odenkaz, Apr 15, 2021

2. Is Windows Defender the only anti virus program I need?

Clarification, please.

Note that this is a Win10-specific thread.

Are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not include an anti-virus component or are you suggesting that Defender in Win10 (and Win8) does not provide sufficient (adequate; comprehensive) protection?

PA Bear - MS MVP, Apr 15, 2021
  3. Windows Defender ATP.

Why isn't the Windows Defender ATP platform available with Windows 10 Pro for free? What's the difference between Windows Defender and Windows Defender ATP? If you're going to make Windows 10 the best operating system ever, the virus and malware protection
    has to be the best too. So having one Windows Defender ATP across the whole Windows 10 ecosystem for free is better then having two different virus and malware platforms?

AnthonyPosi, Apr 15, 2021
  4. MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?

Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup via programs uninstall, my Defender anti-virus will not turn on even though all the other Defender functions
    have a green checkmark indicating that they are working. The message is that Defender is controlled through my organization.

This is a stand-alone laptop that is NOT on a domain. There is no "organization" to which it answers, just me. Any suggestions?

LaPharyllBaffield, Apr 15, 2021
Thema:

MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine?

1. MS Defender ATP behavior with another existing anti virus for a Win10 machine? - Similar Threads - Defender ATP behavior

2. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  3. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Defender Anti Virus: I use windows defender/Anti Virus. It keeps telling me I have the same problems. HackTool:Win32/Wpakill.F. Which I have dealt with many times. I have Python, Git Hub, Git Bash and Visual studion code. I keep thinking that it is finding these. Am I right or wrong? Its constant...
  4. Defender Anti Virus

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Defender Anti-Virus problem

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Defender Anti-Virus problem: Defender had a message in notifications about a problem. When I clicked onto I get Defender opening and the following message.PAGE NOT AVAILABLE.Your IT Administrator has limited access to some areas of this app, and the item you tried to access is not available.Contact the...
  6. Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus

Microsofts Defender Anti-Virus: I have been using Malwarebytes for years. It seems like there is a conflict with it. It turned off my Windows Defender anti-virus. Malwarebytes is not an Anti-Virus Program...What Went Wrong?...
  7. MS ATP

MS ATP: Hi, We understand the ATP risk score is part of the Intune compliance setting. Meaning the computer might stay non-compliance as long as the risk score never drops below a certain level. Hence, the following are the few questions I have in my mind 1. What are the criteria...
  8. Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled

Win10 Defender anti-virus disabled: I have a fully updated Windows 10 laptop that had no less than 4 anti-virus programs on it and numerous other "junk". Even after a complete cleanup via programs uninstall, my Defender anti-virus will not turn on even though all the other Defender functions have a green...
  9. Is it mandatory to use another anti-virus software beside Windows defender?

Is it mandatory to use another anti-virus software beside Windows defender?: I am curious regarding this, as a advanced user of www, i don`t click or visit suspicious websites, is it safe to say that Windows defender is enough?...
  10. Defender ATP

Defender ATP: I tried to submit a question, but it would not let me submit it. What good does it do to have this system if it won't work. Why am I, as an individual home computer user, subject to the strict regulations of Defender ATP? I cannot connect to links that are provided in...