Windows 10: MS Defender reports a virus TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl, may be a false positive

Discus and support MS Defender reports a virus TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl, may be a false positive in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hello, Today after logging on and Steam starting it's updates Windows Defender reported a virus, which hasn't happened to me in over 5 years. I... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Bruceneo, Jun 19, 2020.

1. Bruceneo Win User

MS Defender reports a virus TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl, may be a false positive

Hello,

Today after logging on and Steam starting it's updates Windows Defender reported a virus, which hasn't happened to me in over 5 years. I researched it and the virus it's reporting is the TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl. I looked online and this has been reported for the last 4 years or so as a virus but it has also been a false positive a few times. I then checked the forums for the game "Talisman: Digital edition" on Steam. I discovered that many other people are having this same issue. So I was wondering if this could be another false positive? This issue just started today so there isn't any response from the developer yet.

:)

Bruceneo, Jun 19, 2020
  2. Roman_E_H Win User

Is there a working way to report false positive on windows defender?

Hello,

I have a huge problem. We are developing Veterinary practical management software. And on Monday Windows Defender have decided that our software is Trojan:Win32/Fuerboos.B!cl and now I'm getting dozens of calls from my clients that software just gone(Defender
    deletes .exe and all links from start menu)

I've found that I should report false positive at https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wdsi/filesubmission but on submission it's always says that File upload failed, is there other way to contact Microsoft on it?

Roman_E_H, Jun 19, 2020
  3. Windows Defender False Positive Alert

We are a small software firm who products hotel management softwares. In these days, sometimes, windows defender alerting the Win32/Spursint.A!cl trojan when we donwnload our setup files, but sometimes not. we installed many different antivirus program and
    scan our setup packages and servers, re-prepare and re-scan packages many times. But none of them found trojan or virus.

Also, sometimes windows defender could not found trojan, when we download same setup files, but sometimes said trojan found.

I think it s a false positive. How can we solve this problem? MS Defender reports a virus TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl, may be a false positive :(

umuttuzkaya, Jun 19, 2020
  4. Try3 Win User

Windows defender false positive - forced to allow threat

Windows defender has started to identify C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe as a threat [normally reported as a Trojan Powessere.G]. I use mshta.exe to run an hta custom MsgBox - I have been hoping to keep using my current CustomMsgBox tool [batch file calling a vbs-hta file] until later this year when I hope to have had enough time to replace it with a PowerShell alternative.

Windows defender's notification lets me "allow the threat" but that seems to me to be a bigger security hole than is necessary - it will now ignore a potentially real intrusion when all I want to run is a genuine Windows component. My immediate problem is fixed but I would prefer to fix the false positive using the exclusions list.

I cleared the 'Allowed threats history' so I could use the exclusions list instead. I added C:\Windows\System32\mshta.exe to the file exclusions list and I checked that it had taken properly by checking the exclusions list both in the UI & in the Registry. But the exclusion made no difference, it continued to detect and block the exe.

I have repeated the attempt several times [by clearing the allowed threats list & exclusions list beforehand] and the results are the same every time
    - allowing the threat works,
    - using the exclusions list has no effect.

I studied the relevant tutorial but have not spotted an error in what I have been doing - Add or Remove Windows Defender Exclusions

Does anybody with experience of using the exclusions list to counter false positives have any suggestions for me?

Denis

Thema:

1. MS Defender reports a virus TrojanWin32Fuery.C!cl, may be a false positive - Similar Threads - Defender reports virus

2. How to report FALSE Positive ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to report FALSE Positive ?: I have my own application created by me which created 10 year ago, been using it with no issue.but recently Microsoft Defender trigger it as Trojon which is FALSE POSITIVE but as personal MS user, i don't seem like able to FIND way to report FALSE positive.I know i can...
  3. How to report FALSE Positive ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to report FALSE Positive ?: I have my own application created by me which created 10 year ago, been using it with no issue.but recently Microsoft Defender trigger it as Trojon which is FALSE POSITIVE but as personal MS user, i don't seem like able to FIND way to report FALSE positive.I know i can...
  4. MS safety scanner reporting false positive?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MS safety scanner reporting false positive?: Every week or so I run the MS Safety Scanner. It always finds the following:virtool:win32?defender/tamper restore. What seems to be really odd is no other security software finds this item. I have installed McAfee Total protection, SuperAnti Spyware, and MalwareBytes. McAfee...
  5. MS safety scanner reporting false positive?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    MS safety scanner reporting false positive?: Every week or so I run the MS Safety Scanner. It always finds the following:virtool:win32?defender/tamper restore. What seems to be really odd is no other security software finds this item. I have installed McAfee Total protection, SuperAnti Spyware, and MalwareBytes. McAfee...
  6. False positive in Defender?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    False positive in Defender?: Defender has just identified an alleged Script/Wacatc.B1Ml trojan in a zip file that has been on my system for many years. It didn't object to the unzipped version, a vbs file. I don't know where the zip file has been put, to send a sample and I can't remember how to send...
  7. A false positive detected by Windows Defender

A false positive detected by Windows Defender: I need help on my computer's built-in Microsoft Antivirus system. Although I have already deleted the files that caused the false positive to be detected, my pc still gave me this notification NON-STOP.This is not a virus. This is actually a false positive detected by Windows...
  8. Windows Defender False-Positives loop

Windows Defender False-Positives loop: After spending all day on this literally my patience has worn out. I have been using Windows Defender for many years on many different computers, they've done their job and never given me grief-until now. I've been able to download several tools/programs without issue and...
  9. False Positive for Trojan Virus

False Positive for Trojan Virus: Can anyone tell me how and where i can submit my website to be re-looked at? Microsoft Defender is blocking my website that was hacked in the past but i have since addressed all those problems and I guess Microsoft Defender is going off of the old information. I need to...
  10. Windows Defender False Positives

Windows Defender False Positives: I received an alarming message from WD which says all antivirus providers are disabled, which I think was a false positives. So I went on a check. And the result: [ATTACH] Protection is on, license is active and my firewall is on too. Can you tell why that message is...